List Of Point & Click Adventure Games

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by TheFamousEccles, Jan 17, 2010.

1. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    When Phoenix Wright arrives, do you think it should be classified as a point and click game? I think it should since it's all dialogue and puzzle solving which involves picking up items in the environment and recieving them from other characters and using them later in the game. It should appeal to those who like Point-And-Click games, and that's what this list is all about.

2. PointOfLight

PointOfLight Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    It's been a while since I've played Raving Manor, but I would agree that it acts more like a text adventure. However, I believe you can interact with some objects on screen as if it were a P&C game. Ultimately, though, I guess it would be your call as to whether it should be included or not. If you do include it, however, I think you'd also need to include White House Escape which is a game in the same vein done by the same developer. You'd also probably need to include Arcana Agency. Personally, I don't think you should include any of them, since the list is specifically geared towards P&C games, and not towards the more general adventure game genre.

3. Thaurin

Thaurin Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2009
    I say interactive fiction (text adventures) qualify. Stuff like Frotz is really a lot of fun, although I never took the time for it. It's where adventure games originated from, isn't it!

(Oh, wait. On the other hand, the topic title *is* point-and-click adventures...)

4. TheFamousEccles

TheFamousEccles Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2009
    I don't think I'll add text adventures for now.

I didn't hear anything about Tales of Monkey Island, but Monkey Island 2, is coming, and it looks like the controls will be much improved.

5. TheFamousEccles

Dec 19, 2009
    I've added several since the last post, and the one I'm most unsure of is Phoenix Wright. Anyone think it shouldn't make the list?

Also of interest, Dracula Part 1 is free until the 27th. Seems worth checking out.

6. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    I would say that Phoenix Wright could certainly qualify as a point & click adventure. It just happens to have court cases as a theme, but it has exploration, dialog with NPCs, items to collect - seems to be all the making of a good P&K to me.

As for Dracula, it's definitely one worth looking into. I haven't had the chance to play parts 2 & 3 yet, but part one was great (I gave it a 9/10 in my iPhone Life review). The biggest annoyance (yeah, I know, they call it a "cliffhanger") is that right when the story gets rolling, part 1 ends. But for free there's no reason not to pick it up.

7. Chronical

Chronical Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    St. Gallen, Switzerland
    I'm stuck in The Secret Of Monkey Island: Special Edition because of a stupid glitch right at the maze "quest". FML.

8. Isilel

Isilel Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2009
    Is it a known glitch? I have been stuck a couple of times in maze-like areas and once thought that it was a glitch, only it tunrned out that one screen could be scrolled in the non-obvious (to me) manner.

9. TheFamousEccles

Dec 19, 2009
    This isn't iPhone related, but you guys will want to check out the LucasArts Adventure Pack on Steam if you haven't already. It's on sale right now for $5, and it includes, Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis, The Dig, and Loom.

10. scarypharaoh

scarypharaoh Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Medical Professional
    With Carmen Sandiego
    Hector: Badge of Carnage

Believe me, this is the one you have been waiting for! an original iphone point and click adventure that is very funny, beautiful and great audio/dialogue. Ive already gotten way too excited about this one in the official thread:)

11. TheFamousEccles

Dec 19, 2009
    I was just about to add it. I haven't had a chance to try it yet, but it looks fun.

Thanks for the bump. Otherwise I wait until I have added several new games to the list before posting again.

12. Thaurin

Feb 10, 2009
    Oh wait, it's been *ages* since I last heard this would be coming out. The app description was damn witty and well-written. That could only carry over in the quality of the game. :) Screenshots look nice, the review quotes are good... I might have to get this at once!

13. webshark3

webshark3 Well-Known Member

May 10, 2010
    I haven't jailbroken yet, but I may need to in the future just to get the ScummVM emulator to play all my old Sierra games. Ah memories. :)

Also, Did I miss it in the threads? How about Sam & Max Episode 1.

14. Thaurin

Feb 10, 2009
    Sam & Max is only for iPad, I think, not iPhone. In other news, Hector is a pretty cool classic point-and-click adventure game. :)

15. webshark3

May 10, 2010
    Hey, the OP never said iPhone/iPod only. :) Simon the Sorcerer was updated for the iPad, but the controls weren't. :( I understand the need for a zoom on the iPhone, but on the iPad, it a 1x. lol But the iPad was made for these types of games.

Hector looks very interesting. I never heard of it before. I'll have to try it. Thanks.

16. JeNeI

JeNeI Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2010
    Student
    Romania
    Hidden Expedition : Amazon
    Hidden Expedition : Titanic

17. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Personally, I don't think I'd classify Hidden Object games as Adventure games, but that's just me.

18. Thaurin

Feb 10, 2009
    No, not just you.

19. TheFamousEccles

Dec 19, 2009
    I think a more apt title for this thread would List of Point & Click Adventure Games. So no, I don't think hidden objects count.

I made an iPad section, but I can't put any more games in it because there are too many characters. Is there anyway a mod could insert me to the 2nd post?

20. webshark3

May 10, 2010
    I'm on the fence about them. Some of them can have really good adventure elements with some open-ended gameplay. I included them in my "personal list" for adventure games since I may want to play them anyways.

Oh and it's short, but "The Adventures of Khaki Pants Pete" would qualify. More of a advertisement for Klondike, but still a adventure game.
    [​IMG]