Universal Little Inferno HD - (by Tomorrow Corporation)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jan 30, 2013.

1. Aventador

Aventador Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2013
    Student
    Croatia
    Has next one been announced ?
    It's in my short favourite indie games list for iOS :)

2. Lazer Kat

Lazer Kat Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2013
    Since this game is so well reviewed, critically acclaimed, and loved by all (also since its from the creators of World of Goo and is sporting a very impressive Metacritic score), I have had it on my wish list for what feels like ages.

There's a couple things holding me back: a) the $5 price; & b) the fact I'm unsure of what exactly it is.

If you guys could help me feel more comfortable buying it I'd appreciate it.

I guess my main thing is I just don't understand the gameplay.
    I watched a portion of sanukus video, and both trailers.
    Still confused.

3. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    I'll be curious too. I bought it a while back, and it seems you throw stuff in a fireplace to make new stuff. Got bored, I figured I'm missing something.

4. Snozberry

Snozberry Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2012
    You use your mind to think of possible combos.
    Check the combo list, you'll see combos like "movie night"
    Which might be unlocked by burning popcorn, and a tv at the same time.

The puzzles get harder and harder, but it's not really about just that, it's about the whole experience, the storyline, and many Easter eggs.

It's a masterpiece.

I've decided to replay both WOG and LI in the near future.

5. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Decided to finally finish Little Inferno. The game’s storyline was truly baffling. Was an interesting three hours though. Started it in Jan..

Only had the 6th and 7th catalogs left when I realized you couldn't have more than 99 stamps, lol. Never used a single one. Allowed me to run through the last two catalogs extremely fast. That ending section though.. Only made 50 of the combinations, since I just wanted to get though the game.

Just a weird, weird title. Still have a long ways to go in WoG even though I've had it for years.

6. Snozberry

Snozberry Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2012
    Go to your room NOW young man, and don't come out until you've finished WOG. I'm severely disappointed in your actions. Wait until your father hears about this!

7. MarioKartMaster

MarioKartMaster Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2010
    Just bought this game yesterday... it certainly has that World of Goo charm. :p

Anyway, it appears that the achievements in Game Center aren't syncing properly. For example, despite finishing the game, the "Unlock catalog 4" achievement has not appeared. I've tried closing both GC and Little Inferno, restarting my iPod, etc. Is anyone else having this problem?

8. Bool Zero

Bool Zero Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    I wonder if it is an issue of updating the app, and whether or not it has been updated with iOS 7. I never had an issue with the achievements playing offline or with a connection, but I can't comment on playing it after the iOS 7 update, which seems to have brought a lot of gamecenter issues with some games it seems...

9. MarioKartMaster

MarioKartMaster Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2010
    Oh, well I'm actually on iOS 6.1.5 (iPod touch 4G), so I don't think it has anything to do with iOS...

10. Montanx

Montanx Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    Damn remembered this game was just awesome. So simple yet so satisfying.

11. Taeles

Taeles Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 5, 2011
    -blows dust off thread-

Human Resource Machine had me nostalgic so I fired this one up on the pro 12.9. Can confirm it runs perfectly on latest iOS release. Gamecenter also works but has a quirk, the achievement earned notifications don't display and gamecenter seems to take about 40 seconds in to gameplay to actually load so what I do is what follows:

Load game
    Load save
    Split screen load gamecenter, look at game's achievements
    Kill split screen back to game

instant gamecenter log in.

Good to go \o/