LiveFire..Upcoming first person shooter from ng:moco!!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by ibelongintheforums, Mar 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Coral

Coral Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2008
    New gameplay video is out.
    http://vimeo.com/3755535
    I don't know how to embed a vimeo video.

It is pretty cool. Shows a 4 player game, probably over wifi.

2. Rocketman919

Rocketman919 Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Cali-forn-i-a
    I just hope the controls work well.

3. tastymac

tastymac Active Member

Feb 20, 2009
    Im not sure if this has been mentioned, but if your going to allow players to purchase items that you would otherwise have to play for/be skilled to earn, then the items should reflect that fact, such as be a different color.

I could see some advantages and disadvantages. Some might not want to run around with a pink rocket launcher, and be less likely to purchase items, so the devs might not go for this idea.

4. arn

arn Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 19, 2008
    What would be cool is if you could take the rocket launcher from someone if you kill them. That way experience could trump $$. :)

arn

5. salsamd

salsamd Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Nov 1, 2008
    San Francisco, CA
    #65 salsamd, Mar 19, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2009
    Well, perhaps better would be to have your attire slightly changed to reflect in game achievements, as the other players see your character fully animated. Somewhat tantamount to medals of honor/achievement. Players without much experience, but with purchased upgrades would then be recognized as such, you would then know how skilled the person you are playing with/against is.

There may be certain things that you can’t buy, such as strength, longevity, shields, etc, and can only acquire thru experience that may offer appropriate competitive advantage….

6. bmcvey

bmcvey Active Member

Dec 31, 2008
    The game looks like it has some potential, but I'd have to see how the controls handled since the first-person shooters have yet to really take off on the iPhone.

As for the In-App Purchases... per weapon will never fly. I could see if it was purchasing multiple weapons as an expansion back... but as a one unit purchase I would imagine that most would just give up on the game.

We'll just have to wait and see what comes of it, but I strongly hope they don't try to pull that.

Pay for things like...
    • Custom Character Models
    • Levels Packs
    • Expansion Weapons Pack (numerous weapons not just one)

7. strawdog

strawdog Well-Known Member

This micro transactions concept is an interesting one and it will be interesting to see how successful it is in Europe/US. It is massively successful in Asia where the concept of buying success is widespread. There are lots of games where users pay for power-up & magic swords etc etc.

It seems that in the west there is more of a feeling that you should succeed through learning to play the game and being good, rather than how much money you have. As I say, be interesting to see how well this model works. Got to say I probably wouldn't play a game where someone with more money than me had an advantage.

8. Benegesserit

Benegesserit Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    Actually in any MMO those who have the money to setup a multibox and control multiple characters at once would have an advantage. So I guess you don't like MMOs.

9. Diablohead

Diablohead Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2009
    Freelancer, PC game developer
    I just watched the gameplay video and I love what I see, I just hope the game plays well, I can imagne some tricky shots when you release and press the screen to shoot in a straight line. Also the speed of the game looks good, not overdone or fast like quake 3 which might be too fast for iPhone controls to be any fun. This feels more like halo.

10. shivers

shivers New Member

Mar 17, 2009
    Actually purchasing weapons has different connotation rather than paying for the control of more characters. I'm not a multiboxer, but from what I understand it takes skill and practice to become even a medicore multiboxer and be on the same level as regular teams, let alone better than them.

Lets say I pay for a superior sniper or something I can instantly have a direct advantage over anyone with say, the normal sniper. Paying for more characters does not directly or instantly give you an advantage, as it actually takes a level of skill to properly multibox.

11. kieranvanpinxteren

kieranvanpinxteren Active Member

Mar 7, 2009
    snowmobiling
    North west territories
    Snipa

OKAY let me put this straght I wil get the game. Then i will not buy anything else to do with the game. That is for cheapskates that like to ruin online games. Maybe levels...but only if you get like 20 in a pack. But also it is not deseinged to be single player so maybe it would be fine with the default weapons:rolleyes:

12. Hobbes

Hobbes Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    #72 Hobbes, Mar 20, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2009
    Well yeah maps are great.... I don't know much about the game yet to say what should cost $... Maybe... Well I guess I'll have to learn more about it...

Keep it up moco!!

13. Hobbes

Hobbes Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    Agreed. 1000xs agreed.

14. Vinny554

Vinny554 Well-Known Member

Wait....the games gonna be $20??!!

15. ibelongintheforums

ibelongintheforums Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    no, it was a guess
    i doubt it
    ten most likely

16. Vinny554

New characters, maps, and game modes :D
    Everything a FPS DLC needs bro...

17. Vinny554

Also, (sorry for ANOTHER reply) another thing that caught my attention was that the controls for this game are great, but if they used the control scheme to the already out FPS Hill Billy (tilt to walk + look/tap to shoot), it would also be great.

The controls in Hill Billy are flawless. And that along with the shake-to-jump thing would be awesome. But then again, the sliding of fingers to look give players the benefit of like playing while laying down.

Its debatable. I just hopes its as easy as it looks. :confused:

18. lghtnsurf

lghtnsurf Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    I think great controls would be liek space trader.

19. indyraider4

indyraider4 Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    Everyone is complaining about paying for weapons, but I thought I remember hearing that they only did that to give another example of the sdk. Ngmoco has been really great at PR and customer relations, so I doubt they would do something that dumb. I am sure they will use it, but probably for level packs. I think it will be like how rolando gets those secret levels, but where customers pay .99 for 35 secret levels or so. Ngmoco is really smart, and wouldn't upset their fan base like that.

20. dannys95

dannys95 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2008
    Earth
    IN THIS THREAD!!!! THEY SAID IT HERE!!!
    They just wanted to show off that feature for Apple. They said it in this very thread. Geez