Looking for beta testers for my game Hopple.

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by dancy, Jun 4, 2009.

1. TouchChatterbox

TouchChatterbox Well-Known Member

May 21, 2009
    I have beta tested before including the RTS game "Dark Reign". I'm in Australia too so I can be your market research for this demographic, haha

2. Chronical

Chronical Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    St. Gallen, Switzerland
    i want to beta test too.

3. CrazyMikesapps

Jun 5, 2009
    Founder CrazyMikesapps.com
    Dade City, Florida
    Sure

My name is CrazyMike and I have a startup iPhone App Review site. I am also a registered developer in training. Here is my UDID:

3f5ca7e508ef7f48d6442b9bdf2833920e81a7a4

email is: [email protected]

If you want me to put it through the test, ringer, stress it out, let me know.

thanks

CM

4. dancy

dancy Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2009
    Thanks crazymike I'll be sure to get you in for sure. I don't have any promo codes yet guys just be patient I promise I'll hand them out ASAP!

5. dancy

dancy Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2009
    Ok guys as promised here is a demo of the game. The game is addicting as hell and I hope all the beta testers will see that!

Anyone that wants to beta test please PM me with your UDID (your iPhone ID) and we will get you the build of the game. It will be first come first serve so hurry!

I'm really excited thanks for all the help guys!

http://vimeo.com/5018452

6. GaiaIllusion

GaiaIllusion Well-Known Member

May 6, 2009
    Student
    加拿大
    I've sent a PM.
    Video demo was cool, the game looks like it runs very smoothly. Plus my friends were addicted to the flash game Winterbells for a while so this should be nice.

7. dancy

dancy Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2009
    Yea addicting eh? Umm I'm sorry but this is my first time doing this and I'm not exactly sure how to distribute it using the UDID? If anyone can link me to a tutorial or something. Sorry I'm new to this :(

8. Prab

Prab Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Dec 17, 2008
    CS student
    SG
    Just sent a PM too :)

Hmmm... I think you need to make a mobileprovision file for the UDIDs. Its called ad hoc distribution.

9. dancy

dancy Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2009
    I'm making some provisions now :)

I'll send it to whoever PMed me and whoever else is interested (they need to give me their UDID)

10. flyingblind41

flyingblind41 Member

Jan 16, 2009
    I would like to get into beta testing, but I have never done it before. Can anyone help me out? Dancy, if I can get going, I would like to help test your app as well!

Bobby

11. dancy

dancy Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2009
    Hey guys I made the provision and downloaded it to build but it says a signing identity matching this profile was not found in your keychain. Sorry I know I'm a noob but how exactly do I do it? I made it an ad hoc profile like I was suppose to.

12. GaiaIllusion

GaiaIllusion Well-Known Member

May 6, 2009
    Student
    加拿大
  13. dancy

dancy Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2009
    I've sent out distributions to those that PMed me. I still want more so just keep PMing me your UDID's and after I get a lot I'll make another provision with all of you in! Keep em coming. In the meantime it'd be great to hear impressions on the game.

14. dancy

dancy Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2009
    Forgot to mention, make sure all of you have 2.2 and up.

15. Stykman

Stykman Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2009
    Beta Tester, Student
    United States
    im pming you now hope i can still get in

16. dancy

dancy Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2009
    Hey guys I finally managed to get it working (I hope!)
    Here's a link to the game binary and the provisioning profile for everyone who sent me their device ID. I'll check back often to see if anyone else has PM'd me a device ID and post updated binaries.

To make this work you need to drag the unzipped binary and the provisioning profile into your itunes applications tab and then sync your ipod/iphone.

Thanks guys! :)

http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/1037911/Hopple.zip
    http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/1037911/HoppleTrial.mobileprovision

17. Prab

Prab Moderator

Dec 17, 2008
    CS student
    SG
    #37 Prab, Jun 6, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2009
    Played the game for awhile. Its a pretty nice pick up and play game. Reminds me a bit of the bunny game from orisinal.

The artwork is really nice and bright. Reminds me of the graphics style of the pushing daisies tv series. The squirrel looks a bit slim though (maybe cause he hasnt eaten any acorns yet lol :p) He would walk around when you're not playing the game yet. Blink around and have this acorn thought bubble hehe. Its a nice touch and polish to the game.

The soundtrack is soothing (great since its a pick up and play game), the gameplay never ends. So you just have to get the best highscore possible. I would love to see a global highscore though.

Edit: I think there is a global highscore server. Its just not online yet :) Score so far is 1140. I keep missing the tophats. Really nice soothing game!

18. dancy

dancy Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2009
    hey prab thanks for your impressions and testing. Everything you mentioned was exactly what I was going for. Relaxing pick up and play game with a cute squirrel and soothing graphics.

19. Prab

Prab Moderator

Dec 17, 2008
    CS student
    SG
    I think my biggest comment is the icon. Can you change it to an enormous acorn or maybe just the cute squirrel instead? :D

20. dancy

dancy Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2009
    If I do it'll have to be as an update, the game has already been submitted, when it does get submitted I'll be sure to try and get reviewed by as many people on here as possible.

But yea I've noted everything you said.