Looking for beta testers for my game Hopple.

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by dancy, Jun 4, 2009.

1. Prab

Prab Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Dec 17, 2008
    CS student
    SG
    Hmm.. Basically you are a squirrel and you are continuously jumping by capturing acorns. If you miss an acorn, you will fall. Touch the screen and move your finger left and right to tell the squirrel to jump to the left or right. Get a top hat for extra points.

Go to orisinal.com and play the winterbells game (top row, third from the left, icon is a bell). Its pretty much the same.

2. dancy

dancy Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2009
    Yea prab is right. And hey I DO bet your gf can get into it. I'm a girl and I got into it lol. I made it with the idea that the game should be cute and relaxing to play.

By the way guys I know the squirrel animations weren't amazing so I got a graphics company to do them for me. They are doing all of that and I'll include that change in the next update when they finish.

Also, another company really liked the game so they have offered to do a flash version of the game online to get the name out. Thanks to all that gave it a try...just waiting for approval now before I announce it :)

3. Prab

Prab Moderator

Dec 17, 2008
    CS student
    SG
    Wow.. I think the squirrel animations are not that bad. But to know that you actually went out and hired people to redo the animations is real dedication :D

4. dancy

dancy Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2009
    Thanks a lot :)

I just felt it was semi holding it back. I really believe in the game and maybe I'm being a naive first time dev but I truly think it's a fun game everyone can play. From the get-go I wasn't perfectly happy with the squirrel so he's being completely redone.

5. Prab

Prab Moderator

Dec 17, 2008
    CS student
    SG
    Awwww... Im sure he would appreciate that hehehe. Can't wait for the new, refined, and dashing squirrel lol

6. dancy

dancy Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2009
    So Hopple got rejected lol. The reason was because in the description I had:

"GET HOPPLE NOW! WE HAVE 99.99% OFF FOR A LIMITED TIME ONLY!! PRICE RISES TO $9900 SOON!!"

Obviously anyone with half a brain and a sense of humour will know it's a joke and just a slight mock on the hundreds of other apps that claim to be giving percentage off. I just changed the description so it should be accepted soon. I changed it to something simple without a crazy long description.

However, the lite was accepted. You guys can try the light now, the lite has no high scores and only lets you play til 500 points. I won't make a formal announcement though until the full game is out, for now anyone who sees this topic can download the lite I guess.

7. redsoxsrule424

redsoxsrule424 Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2009
    Wow, apple can't even take a simple joke. But they probably rejected it because the max you can charge for an app is $999.

8. Prab

Prab Moderator

Dec 17, 2008
    CS student
    SG
    Lol!!

9. dancy

dancy Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2009
    Well I wasn't going to charge $9900 for the app. How much more painfully obvious could I have been? Ah well, so far the Lite has 7 five star reviews.

10. Spotlight

Spotlight Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2009
    Ahah, that's very funny!
    I bet you didn't laugh, but from my point of you it's just so crazy.

:)

11. GaiaIllusion

GaiaIllusion Well-Known Member

May 6, 2009
    Student
    加拿大
    Lol, $9900.

Lite version runs very smoothly, nice work.

12. dancy

dancy Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2009
    Thanks, when testing on the iPod it ran perfect but when testing on older gen iphones it had occasional lags. However, for some reason when I download it off the app store it runs more smoothly then when I test it at home...not complaining lol.

13. dancy

dancy Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2009
    By the way for anyone that's tried the lite, I would appreciate a review on the app store. Can't wait to here your comments

14. dancy

dancy Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2009
    Wow hopple lite already had 150+ downloads. I have done 0 advertising so far and the full version isn't even out so this is surprising. Maybe all apps do this well to start off? But yea I'll probably announce the release on forums and such when the full version gets accepted (damn you apple!)

15. dancy

dancy Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2009
    Yup, I'm going to make a post soon about it :). Really excited that it finally got released! It's actually already in the top 50 for family but that's probably really easy to do. I wonder how hard it'd be to get touch arcade to do a review...

16. ayearley

ayearley Member

Jun 12, 2009
    it's my first time but i would love to test it

17. redsoxsrule424

redsoxsrule424 Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2009
    I think the acceptance for testers is closed.