iPhone Loot & Legends (by DropForge Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Feb 19, 2015.

1. Meridian99

Meridian99 Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2012
    Love this gsme :)

2. pjft

pjft Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2011
    True. I'm liking it quite a bit. I'm still wondering how the IAP will work, since I don't really like consumables, but so far I'm having fun.

3. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Pretty sweet game! I just wish it was available for my 6 plus and I wish the animations were a bit better. Like when a mage casts fireball I wish a fireball literally went flying across the screen.

4. CharliePrince

CharliePrince Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2012
    grr ipad only W T F

5. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    No one else getting the "an error occurred" at login. I've only been able to get in like twice out of say 20 attempts. I'm wondering if I'm getting it due to soft launch or playing on a 6+ using ipa edit.

6. Opheus

Opheus Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2014
    #26 Opheus, Feb 20, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2015
    Will my progress get wiped after the soft launch ? I really dig Card Hunter and love to play it on the go on my iPad
    Edit: have been playing for almost 4 hours, it seem that I can't access the shop or the loot club, anyone know how to make an account or bind your account so that I don't have to be login as guest anymore ?

7. PBSNellie

PBSNellie Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA
    I think they are having server problems.

8. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    The beauty of an online only card/dungeon crawler.
    But been getting an error since launch though.

9. pjft

pjft Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2011
    I'm curious about logging in as well, can't seem to make it happen. I wonder if it would be possible to login using existing Card Hunter accounts for the club purposes... At the moment, the IAPs feel somewhat expensive for consumables.

As for login problems, can't say I have had any, though I know it doesn't help.

10. Opheus

Opheus Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2014
    Man now I keep getting

Server disconnected
    Player in multiple match [string of random number]

Guess this is because of multiple crash during playing, which make the game doesn't recognize that a match has end. Worse, even delete and reinstall the game doesn't fix this, now I can't even play. The game keep disconnecting because it thinks I'm in multiple match. Not fun at all, hope they will fix it soon. By the way, how is the IAP guys ? I can't access the shop, it just keep on loading. Fingers cross that they don't make this game too p2w. Regarding the account, I remember reading somewhere that this and Card Hunter are two separate games, meaning there will be no linking server.

11. DropForge Jason

DropForge Jason Active Member

Feb 19, 2015
    Hey everyone!

My name's Jason... I'm the Player Experience Lead over here at DropForge. Glad to see that many of you are enjoying the game already!

At the same time, I'm sad to see that some of you are having a few frustrations with the game. :( I want to help you though!

If you're having a problem in the game, and you're able to get into the Settings menu, just click the "Contact Support" button. That opens an official request and automatically includes your Player ID so I can administer your account.

If you can't get into the game at all, just drop a note to support -at- dropforge.com and let me know what's happening. I'll manually track down your account. It'll take a little more time, but I'll make sure we get you fixed up.

We actually spent a good portion of the night tracking down the server disconnect issues, and we submitted our first app update to Apple this morning to fix these issues. We're hoping to get it turned around pretty quickly.

Anyway, feel free to reach out to me if you've got any questions!

12. pjft

pjft Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2011
    Hi Jason,

Thanks for the reply.

How do we actually create an account, though? I seem to stay logged in as Guest at all times. :| Is that intended?

Let us know when the update is out!

Also, any ETA on a broader worldwide release?

Cheers,
    Paulo

13. DropForge Jason

Feb 19, 2015
    Not really "intended". We just don't have the account system in place yet because we're still building it. We'll be adding that in over the next few updates. It'll allow you to set your own name, and maintain your progress across devices.

It's that cliche "As soon as it's done" which everyone hates hearing. ;) We're still adding a bunch of content in the next few weeks and want to get the game a little more fleshed out. We're also trying to see if we can squeeze in a preliminary version of Multiplayer for launch, but that might be a tight timeline that we have to push back for the sake of launch.

If I had to wager a guess, we're probably looking at sometime in the next 2 - 3 months, though we're tracking towards the shorter side of that.

You'll probably hear my singing from the rooftops of Seattle as soon as that happens. :D

14. pjft

pjft Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2011
    Sounds good, thank you! :)

No worries about the cliches - they exist for a reason. Having worked in software development, I'm certainly not one to have unrealistic expectations, just looking to manage them appropriately.

Thank you!

15. kenken11

kenken11 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Any chance of this getting universal?

16. DropForge Jason

Feb 19, 2015
    It's not off the table, but it's not anywhere on our radar. Right now, we're prioritizing our iPad release, then we move into Android tablets shortly afterwards.

Ultimately, the only way we'd move into a non-tablet release is if we could find a way to present the game consistently, without jeopardizing the presentation & experience. And that major loss of real estate that comes with a phone display makes that incredibly difficult.

17. anabolicMike

anabolicMike Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2013
    It's gone? The card dungeon game we already have is too simple I'm excited for one with more meat on its moustache

18. DropForge Jason

Feb 19, 2015
    Gone for a short period of time while we work on getting the server stuff patched in.

The new build's been sent off for Apple approval, so hopefully we can re-list next week. :)

(BTW, thanks for noticing the mustache meat! We spent weeks getting that budgeted and designed ;) )

19. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Any kind of animations being added to the game? Like real fireballs and such?

20. CoreyB

CoreyB Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2011
    Aircraft Mechanic
    Chicago, IL
    Tokens?

When your guys level up, at around 6 or so, you get 1/1 tokens. What and how are they used?