Universal Lost Frontier (By Mika Mobile)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Jun 2, 2016.

1. Roleki

Roleki Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2012
    I'd like to second this request...

2. Risingsun

Risingsun Member

Nov 2, 2009
  3. aconfusedkender

aconfusedkender Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    I go back to can someone please explain how they got 3 stars on level 2 hahaha I must be really bad (;

4. Solarclipse

Solarclipse Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2012
    I couldn't find any IAP, where is that option?

5. Roleki

Roleki Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2012
    Thanks for the link, R. Not convinced I'd enjoy this though. Anyone playing it on a 6+ ?

6. gmattergames

gmattergames Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2013
    Not easy, must finish prior to round 7 and no casualties.

7. gmattergames

gmattergames Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2013
    Good stuff, but a few minor annoyances ... The units are always animating, running in place, all perfectly in sync, you think they would get tired doing that. Would also like to be able to see level objectives before starting a map, perhaps you can and I'm just not seeing where. Definitely missing skill tree progression. It's nice that abilities improve with exp, but what was so great about BH Legacy was the robust char development options.

8. MikaMobile

MikaMobile Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    The Battleheart games, particularly the first, really got us a lot of fans. We've got something in the oven that I think will please people. ;)

9. MikaMobile

Feb 14, 2009
    I like these ideas. Perhaps with 2, an overlay on their health bar of the minimum damage? So you can instantly see if they're going to die for certain.

With 1, the button in the bottom left disappearing was kind of our way of saying "no more units available", and giving the top right a quick double tap is pretty fast to end your turn. I'm a little reluctant to add a single tap turn end just because it can be easy to bump accidentally.

One other quality-of-life addition I plan to add is tapping buildings to see the exact remaining HP before captured.

10. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    Both were fantastic games and iOS classics but I really loved Legacy for some reason (and I'm NOT an RPG fan!). I would love to see a sequel with a story that goes throughout. The only criticism I had with the original was that after about two thirds into the game, the story kind of disappeared and you just had to grind and level up to be able to enter the new areas. Oh and perhaps the final boss was a bit too difficult when compared to the rest. I know some of my friends never finished it and stopped there. Anyway, I love what you do!

11. diffusion8r

diffusion8r Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Termina
    The more Advance Wars-type games, the better. This, Warbits and Fire Emblem Fates will definitely keep me busy all summer haha

12. PrimoBr

PrimoBr Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2015
    +1 for end turn button when all units already moved

13. aconfusedkender

aconfusedkender Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    Also Mika is there a way to not have all the dialogue when replaying a mission by chance? Thanks

14. Zeratulz

Zeratulz Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2010
    I'm so happy to hear that they have something cooking in the oven regarding Battleheart. You guys are one of my favorite iOS devs and I support every product you put out. You guys do an awesome job, quality over quantity. Purchase Lost Frontier and will dive in on the train ride home from work or during lunch if possible. You guys rock! Simple request. If you could add that custom mode into BH or BH 2 it'd REALLY go a long way for us fans or perhaps in the next BH iteration? :D

15. nkarafo

nkarafo Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Ok, I understand. Please ignore 1. It's not big deal to press it again to end your turn from top right corner.
    Another thing that could be improved is the move or attack melee action to be faster. You could select the unit and then "double touch" on somewhere to go there instantly. As it is now, you have to wait for the unit to go there and then to press again as a confirmation. But if you could double tap, it could be this kind of confirmation that needs to be done. One tap to go there and play on normal, double tap to go there or attack someone faster. Imagine having a horse and double touch on a unit to go there, attack it and end the unit's turn. I don't know, maybe it will be frustrating but for the movement especially which is a no-brainer, something not to think about any results it could be or the best. Think about it.

Lastly, when you play a custom game with e.g. two players and the first player had played his turn, when the second player starts, it needs to be directly go to player 2 units and not in player 1. You could of course move with your finger the area to select the units but it's more practical to show from the start player's x units. Especially when you play four player mode, it's useful to have it directly to player's area every time.

Thanks!!!!

16. MikaMobile

Feb 14, 2009

It sounds like maybe you'd like a game-speed option, or at least an accelerated movement option. I could add a setting that greatly reduces how long it takes your units to travel.

Regarding the custom game camera not snapping to your units, that's a known issue on turn 1. The game does retain where each player was last looking when they end their turn, so in theory if player 2 had their camera looking at their own units, the camera will snap back there when they start their next turn. I think I can easily tell the camera where to look on turn 1 though, so you don't have to tap the next unit button to know where you are.

17. Hoodin

Hoodin Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 2016
    I've never heard of Mika, but I've learned to trust the opinion of people on this forum and people seem to be heavily in favour of anything they put out, so sign me up!!!

18. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    I'm holding back on this at the moment simply because I really didn't like warbits at all despite all the love directed at it.
    the advance wars series are some of my favorite games ever and the comparisons maybe led me to expect more which is why I'm wary on this....

19. somedumbgamer

somedumbgamer Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    Love the guitar/music. Anyone know where it came from?