Universal Lost Portal CCG (By Michael Camilli)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Feb 18, 2016.

1. LordFoul

LordFoul Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 15, 2009
    Software Developer
    New Jersey
    I finished adding those buttons yesterday for quickly switching decks. I have them hidden until you press the deck label, then they appear until you press it again. That will go in the next update along with any bug fixes.

I haven't been working on landscape mode, sorry. I wasn't really happy with how it was looking the last time I was messing with it and then I got caught up in some other changes.

2. Grinner

Grinner Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2017
    #1282 Grinner, Jun 30, 2023
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2023
    If I understand correctly that kind of defeats the purpose. Currently you can scroll down from the opening deck screen by pressing the current deck name but there’s no way to scroll up. By pressing the deck label within the deck screen you go to the screen with all of your decks shown. From there you can pick any deck.

I was just looking for a way to scroll but up and down w/o having to hit the deck label. Again not a big deal, just a small time saver if my wanted deck is just one or two decks below the current one I’m playing with. Of course I might have misunderstood your note above. No big deal in any case, just an idea.

[edit] On further review, I think I misunderstood.

3. Chamomile

Chamomile Member

Mar 5, 2019
    hi there, i just found this game.
    i'm sorry if this obvious,but is there any cloud save?
    and is the expansion is needed right away for full experience?

4. Grinner

Oct 22, 2017
    This isn’t an official response but I think that no, there is no cloud save. As for needing expansions, I would say they are not needed but add a bunch of new cool cards, dungeons, etc. I’d say play a bit and if you like it, go for the expansions. I love this game. Oh, and just my opinion but I’d say regardless of what difficulty level you use, always play for cards. While that can be frustrating, it also makes for the most complete experience.

5. LordFoul

Patreon Bronze

Jul 15, 2009
    Software Developer
    New Jersey
    @Grinner - I agree and I too like to play with card loss. It can be rough, especially when you lose something hard to come by (like the Balrock's Ring I recently lost), but it forces you to adapt and use other good cards. Definitely adds some stress to the duel I think my new strategy will be to go make a copy of a card like that at the Forge as soon as I can and try to buy backups for all the cards in my deck.

6. Chamomile

Chamomile Member

Mar 5, 2019
    Thank you for reply,sir.

Thank you for this wonderful game,sir.
    Shame on me late to the party.

Just wondering if the game is complete or any new expansion is planned in the future?

7. Chq

Chq Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2013
    #1287 Chq, Jul 9, 2023
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2023
    Everytime this thread pops up, i read „Lost Patrol“, and so beautyful Amiga 500 memories comes up. :)

Sorry for disturbing.

Greetz Chris

8. LordFoul

Patreon Bronze

Jul 15, 2009
    Software Developer
    New Jersey
    I consider the game pretty complete at this point, but I would never rule out another expansion, as they are fun to make. I enjoy creating new cards and enemies for the game and always try to add some new things with the expansions to make them interesting. The hard part is getting new artwork, and of course finding the time to do it.

9. LordFoul

Patreon Bronze

Jul 15, 2009
    Software Developer
    New Jersey
    "I would never rule out another expansion, as they are fun to make."

Well, I talked to Marc (the artist for a lot of the game) and we are going to do another small expansion. Most likely smaller than the others so we can get it done fairly quickly. That's the plan anyway.

He has already given me some sketches, and I am testing out some new cards for it. Some I like, some I need to rework to make more interesting. Here are a few of the sketches that he sent me below.

Mike

Obliterate.png VampireBat.png Berserk.png

Chamomile, CrayonWarrior and raravan like this.
  10. Chamomile

Chamomile Member

Mar 5, 2019
    #1290 Chamomile, Jul 31, 2023
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2023
    Been sinking into this game for last couple of week. This game reminds me why i love card games in the first place. Cant wait for the next expansion.

I have some question and suggestion.

1. I really love the concept of endless dungeon in end game. As i'm not there yet, is the difficulty remain the same as we start the game or will be increasing? If it remains the same, i really hope we can change difficulties mid game as our character will be stronger as the game goes by.

2. As other people say, it will be nice to have dungeon that we can farm early game since we losing card and gold from losses and the enemy is finite.

3. Is increased aeon from wisdom calculated from the stats that we add or the base 8 is included?

4. I can see playing this game for a long time but the things that discourage me is no cloud save. Countless hour will be gone if we change device. I really hope someday cloud save will be implemented.

5. Is the card sales in shop and forge remain the same throughout the game or randomly change?

6. How is aeon exchange works?

Once again thank you for making such a wonderful games

11. LordFoul

Patreon Bronze

Jul 15, 2009
    Software Developer
    New Jersey
    Hi Chamomile,
    Glad you are enjoying Lost Portal. Here are some answers to your questions.
    Mike

1. I really love the concept of endless dungeon in end game. As i'm not there yet, is the difficulty remain the same as we start the game or will be increasing? If it remains the same, i really hope we can change difficulties mid game as our character will be stronger as the game goes by.

The difficulty for most of the enemies through the Ancient Portal (which has the random dungeons) has been increased and their decks improved. You can, however, edit and change difficulties in the Campaign Menu to up the challenge further.

2. As other people say, it will be nice to have dungeon that we can farm early game since we losing card and gold from losses and the enemy is finite.
    There is a feature now where you can reset a quest/dungeon if you open up the Quest Log, so you can actually grind that way if needed.

3. Is increased aeon from wisdom calculated from the stats that we add or the base 8 is included?
    You get 1 aeon at wisdom 10 and +1 for every 5 points thereafter. So a wisdom less than 10 gets you no starting aeons beyond the one for your color affinity. A wisdom of 25 will get you one starting aeon of each color.

4. I can see playing this game for a long time but the things that discourage me is no cloud save. Countless hour will be gone if we change device. I really hope someday cloud save will be implemented.
    Sorry, I have looked at this a couple of times in the past, but haven't been able to get it done yet.

5. Is the card sales in shop and forge remain the same throughout the game or randomly change?
    Every shop you come to in the game has random cards of various rarities. When you leave a shop in a dungeon, they return those cards to town so you don't have to hunt for that one shop in a dungeon that had what you wanted but couldn't afford. The shops in town do not otherwise change inventories.

6. How is aeon exchange works?
    The aeon exchange works by allowing you to pay 4 of one color for another color, up to two times. The game makes this exchange automatically. So if I have a card that costs two blue and I only have 1 blue aeon, I can still cast it if I have say 4 red aeons in my aeon field.

With an intellect of 20+, this becomes a 3:1 exchange and you can do it 3 times per spell cast. For example, I could cast a spell that costs 4 green if I only have 1 green aeon and 3 blue, 3 black and 3 red aeons in my aeon field (or 1 green and 9 red as another example).

12. Chamomile

Chamomile Member

Mar 5, 2019
    Thank you for your reply. Its nice to know i can change difficulties or even losses anytime.

About aeon exchange, can we use the spell if we dont have the requirement aeon at all. Example i want to use 3 red aeon, but i only have 12 blue aeon. Or i need at least 1 red red aeon to use it?

And some suggestions for the next expansion. I dont know if this already in game or not, i already search in card library, but maybe i missed it.

Some new keyword like Taunt, where you must attack that creature first no matter where the position is.

or Retaliate, where the defending creature attack back if not killed.

I understand about cloud save, hope you can find a way to implement it soon.

13. LordFoul

Patreon Bronze

Jul 15, 2009
    Software Developer
    New Jersey
    About aeon exchange, can we use the spell if we dont have the requirement aeon at all. Example i want to use 3 red aeon, but i only have 12 blue aeon. Or i need at least 1 red red aeon to use it?

At intellect under 20, you can do the aeon exchange 2 times. So you could cast a card that costs 2 red aeons with 8 blue aeons (4:1 exchange twice), so in that case you wouldn't need any red. At intellect 20+, the exchange can happen 3 times, at a 3:1 exchange rate, so you'd only need 9 blue aeons in your example.

14. Chamomile

Chamomile Member

Mar 5, 2019
    #1294 Chamomile, Aug 3, 2023
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2023
    Thank you for explanation.

I have another question.

1. Is the aeon from wisdom random? I thought it increase our color affinity.

2. How is agility affect who is move first? Is it the one with higher agility will move first?

3. What is expand your deck size minimum means on intellect stat? Is it the minimum size will increase or decrease so we can put smaller deck?

15. LordFoul

Patreon Bronze

Jul 15, 2009
    Software Developer
    New Jersey
    1. Is the aeon from wisdom random? I thought it increase our color affinity.
    It is random, but if you get more than one to start each duel (ie, wisdom is 15+), you will not get a second one of the same color until you get one of each color. Ie, at wisdom 25 (ie, +4 starting aeons), you get one of each color. This is all independent to the one you get for color affinity.

2. How is agility affect who is move first? Is it the one with higher agility will move first?
    Effectively, each player rolls a random number, with their agility determining how high a number could be rolled. Ie, if you have an agility of 20 you basically roll a 1d20. Whichever player rolls the higher number goes first.

3. What is expand your deck size minimum means on intellect stat? Is it the minimum size will increase or decrease so we can put smaller deck?
    Yes, it allows for smaller and larger decks as your intellect gets higher. Smaller decks can be more focused which can make them more predictable/powerful. It is all about added flexibility in deck building.

16. Grinner

Oct 22, 2017
    There appears to be a minor problem during the rewards screen. If you tap on one of the items you’re getting after a win, the card is displayed but things seem to freeze at that point. I can never find a tap point to clear the card and continue the phase. It seems to resolve after some period of time. Kind of weird.

17. LordFoul

Patreon Bronze

Jul 15, 2009
    Software Developer
    New Jersey
    There appears to be a minor problem during the rewards screen.

I reproduced the issue and it should be fixed in the next update.
    Thanks as always for helping me eradicate bugs!

Obliterate.png Berserk.png

Grinner likes this.
  18. Buffbeardo

Buffbeardo Member

Sep 12, 2022
    Male
    I’m super excited you’re working on an update! This is a great game!

On another note, I can’t figure out how to reset quest. I checked the quest log I can’t find what to do next to reset. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

19. LordFoul

Patreon Bronze

Jul 15, 2009
    Software Developer
    New Jersey
    Glad you are enjoying Lost Portal! I am enjoying working on the new expansion as well; always fun to create and test out new cards.

To reset a quest you have to be in the town where the quest was given, open the quest log, select the quest you want to reset and then press the red "Reset" text in the bottom left of the pop up. If you don't see the reset text, then you are probably in the wrong town for that quest. Hope that helps!

Son of Anarchy likes this.
  20. Buffbeardo

Buffbeardo Member

Sep 12, 2022
    Male