Universal Lost Portal CCG (By Michael Camilli)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Feb 18, 2016.

1. Buffbeardo

Buffbeardo Member

Sep 12, 2022
    Male
    #1301 Buffbeardo, Sep 23, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2023
    Thank you for the information on how to reset quests. I will try that. :)

Also, Thank You and Everyone involved for this game! You’ve given me numerous hours of happy entertainment during those times when one needs to unwind.
    I’ve purchased every expansion and am looking forward to more! This game truly fills a niche that I was missing for many years following MTG Shandalar. Lol. That was a while ago.

P.S. - I would back a crowdfunding campaign for this game with zero hesitation!

2. LordFoul

LordFoul Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 15, 2009
    Software Developer
    New Jersey
    I appreciate all of the positive feedback! Lost Portal has been a labor of love over quite a few years now, and I still enjoy playing it and working on it.

Son of Anarchy likes this.
  3. Buffbeardo

Buffbeardo Member

Sep 12, 2022
    Male
    #1303 Buffbeardo, Oct 1, 2023
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2023
    Any thoughts about end game content?

Maybe something like a special card for every so many battles won? Could even be as simple as a different border on the card.Just something to strive for once one reaches the end game.

It’s a wonderful game but I have run out of things to accomplish. :)

4. LordFoul

Patreon Bronze

Jul 15, 2009
    Software Developer
    New Jersey
    Any thoughts about end game content?
    I like your ideas, but nothing around end-game content is planned right now. I'm assuming you've gone through the Ancient Portal and collected all the cards. If so, then I agree there is not much left to do (besides start over with a different character / color affinity / higher difficulty).

I am working on a new expansion that will add some new cards to play with and a couple of dungeons to explore. Marc is working his way through the new artwork required:

EnergyArmor.png

Buffbeardo likes this.
  5. Buffbeardo

Buffbeardo Member

Sep 12, 2022
    Male
    I look forward to the next expansion! The art in this game is amazing! Very cool game all around.

6. Buffbeardo

Buffbeardo Member

Sep 12, 2022
    Male
    I’m still enjoying this great game!
    I’d love to see more creature type leaders in a future update. Having even one creature leader that boost others of the same type makes those weenies useful. Reinvigorates interest in deck building.

7. LordFoul

Patreon Bronze

Jul 15, 2009
    Software Developer
    New Jersey
    Glad to hear it! There's at least one coming in the next expansion, maybe more. I'm still playing with their abilities.

Buffbeardo likes this.
  8. Rick Coen

Rick Coen New Member

Jun 29, 2018
    Male
    Did this ever port to Android? I still have this page bookmarked as "something to play, if ever..."

9. LordFoul

Patreon Bronze

Jul 15, 2009
    Software Developer
    New Jersey
    Sorry, this has not ever been done.

This game was developed using Apple's frameworks so would have to be practically rewritten to do it again for Android. The current sales don't really justify that effort, if I even had the time. If I were starting fresh, I'd probably do what many others have done and use Unity so it could run on multiple platforms.

Rick Coen likes this.
  10. Rick Coen

Rick Coen New Member

Jun 29, 2018
    Male
    Well, thanks for the reply anyway! Congrats on the success you've had!

11. Grinner

Grinner Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2017
    Quick power thought, ability to change another card’s color. That could be either the color of a played card or maybe even the required color of a card in hand (or one of the required colors in multi-colored cards).

12. LordFoul

Patreon Bronze

Jul 15, 2009
    Software Developer
    New Jersey
    The upcoming expansion will have a couple spells/abilities where creature colors matter and one creature that changes colors. I'll keep your ideas in mind as I play-test and work on the last few remaining cards. A spell or ability that lets you cast a card as if it was gray (ie, it can use any color aeon) could be useful.

Buffbeardo likes this.
  13. Joe99

Joe99 Member

Jan 6, 2016
    I have been really enjoying Lost Portal. Thank you for creating such an engaging game and for regularly providing new content. I have a question/request on the upcoming expansion. Will you be increasing the level cap beyond Level 38?

14. LordFoul

Patreon Bronze

Jul 15, 2009
    Software Developer
    New Jersey
    Glad you are enjoying Lost Portal! Usually I do increase the level cap with each expansion. I have not looked at it yet for this one, but seems likely.

15. Joe99

Joe99 Member

Jan 6, 2016
    Thank you, that would be great. I actually played Lost Portal years ago, shortly after it was originally released. I played through all the content at that time with multiple decks, then eventually deleted it and moved on to other games. I happened to check the app store recently and saw that there were new expansions that had since come out. I reinstalled Lost Portal and have had a blast playing it all over again.

Buffbeardo likes this.
  16. allsopj84

allsopj84 Active Member

Jun 13, 2018
    Male
    How long would it take to restart from scratch? I am guessing there is no iCloud support to restore your progress? This game looks really good from what I have seen on YouTube so I am tempted to download it.

The art work is beautiful on the cards, does the developer do this himself?

17. LordFoul

Patreon Bronze

Jul 15, 2009
    Software Developer
    New Jersey
    Correct about no iCloud support. The artwork is done by several different artists, noted on the bottom of each card. Much of the artwork is by Marc Whisnant, who I worked closely with to get the game finished and have been working with on the last several expansions as well. His artwork is always amazing.

Vexis.png

Buffbeardo and sebgo like this.
  18. Grinner

Oct 22, 2017
    Another quickie thought, a doppleganger that has the same card deck as the opposing player. Or maybe randomly grabs one of the player’s legal created decks.

Buffbeardo likes this.
  19. Grinner

Oct 22, 2017
    A minor note. As I’ve seen it, the enemies have a border around them which seems to indicate the primary color of their card deck. Assuming this is true, the Cyclops shows as a black deck but is 100% red. As I said, a minor note. I generally use the border/aura to determine what deck I might want to use.

20. LordFoul

Patreon Bronze

Jul 15, 2009
    Software Developer
    New Jersey
    Thanks, just changed it to red for the next update.