LostStar Tactics

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Jamvert, May 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mekanikal fiend

mekanikal fiend Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2010
    If you release on thursday, then you will most likely get at least a mention in their section for thursday releases. i want to play ASAP also, But at least it will be some free advertisment for you..

I used to be all about what was coming out, but grew tired of the virtual controls for the platformers and such, broke down and bought both a 3ds and a vita (vita MUCH better, shame its only really got the psp games from PSN now..)

so now im only using ipad and iphone for strategy and board games and such, so i couldn't tell you what was coming out to compete with your game for a thursday release.. :(

Gonna pick up any game you release ASAP tho. consider me a fan!

2. Nullroar

Nullroar Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2010
    Software Rep, Rhyme Guru, Game Editor
    Munich
    This is a bit of a dry spot for releases. Strike now!

3. Jamvert

Jamvert Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2009
    Canada
    Oh, I wasn't aware that there was a section for Thursday releases. That might be worth it. Do they exclude releases from previous days in that section?

I am actually kinda thinking about switching to Thursday. I wish it was easier to predict how much of a difference this would make. On the other hand, I am hoping to get as many days of sales in before the end of May as possible.

Either way, I appreciate your over whether I do well or not.

4. DodgerBlue016

DodgerBlue016 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2011
    I create awesome paper airplanes that I will sell
    Here
    #44 DodgerBlue016, May 21, 2012
    Last edited: May 21, 2012
    Game looks sick! Can't wait for it to come out. I loved Tactical Warrior and this looks even better!

For releasing: I don't think there's any major releases this week, but there is this one pretty huge sale starting thursday, which I think would be the only thing to worry about.

Hope to pick this up soon after release. Looks amazing!

5. Rivozzz

Rivozzz Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    By the way your thinking about big titles is wrong...didn't you ever think why all games are released on Thursday even small companies do that.. All people wait for Thursday releases to buy.. Many game review sites like toucharcade , appspy, gametrail, among others are dedicated to Thursday releases and u will be for sure mentioned.. And by the way there is no big titles coming this week, that will make your game shine on Thursday .... Don't tell me I didn't warn you!!

6. Nicoquipi

Nicoquipi Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2011
    They exclude releases from previous days, so lunch it on thursday to get mentioned.

7. xaxus

xaxus Member

May 17, 2012
    Well... I just reviewed the last two weeks of posts from TA. there is no Thursday release article. There are reviews posted on Thursday's, but they are by no means comprehensive, and they rarely touch the lesser known titles. It's even more rare to see them talk about rpg or strategy games. There's an infinity blade 2 xpac releasing on Thursday, so there's that to consider. Personally, I'd rather see it released Wednesday with all the giant titles. People will already have their eyes in the app store looking for games. It's the sane concept you see in every store ever. We put chipsabd soda by the register, because it's a choke point. We know the consumer will be going there, thus they'll see it, thus they'll buy it. Basic sales technique. That's just my perspective.

8. sladeums

sladeums Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2012
    Omaha, NE
    #48 sladeums, May 22, 2012
    Last edited: May 22, 2012
    sorry double post

9. sladeums

sladeums Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2012
    Omaha, NE
    #49 sladeums, May 22, 2012
    Here ... the upcoming games list is published Wednesday morning/afternoon for the games that drop near midnight late Wednesday and on into the beginning of the Thursday calendar day.

Here's the last two weeks ... it's a mix of titles :
    http://toucharcade.com/2012/05/16/coming-tonight-26/
    http://toucharcade.com/2012/05/09/coming-tonight-25/

Edit:
    So yes ... you're right to the extent that the best time to release is with everything else when people are looking, which is on Thursday.

10. djflippy

djflippy Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    Really looking forward to this one, because I love Tactical Warrior. Good luck, Jamvert!

11. heringer

heringer Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2011
    Will this have a story with characters and all?

12. Jamvert

Dec 20, 2009
    Canada
    Yeah, now that I read this maybe a Thursday release would have been good. However, it already went live into iTunes this morning, so I will to leave a Thursday release until next game. Hopefully it can do well, despite a Tuesday release.

The biggest thing is whether or not Apple features it. I don't know what the odds for something like that are.

It does have a story, but the characters you choose aren't related to the story. The story is not a huge one like in a lot of games either, just small short bits here and there.

13. mekanikal fiend

Sep 9, 2010
    its out? im not seeing it on the itunes store.

14. Jamvert

Dec 20, 2009
    Canada
  15. mekanikal fiend

Sep 9, 2010
    thanks! been waiting long time for this one! congrats

16. wuzmaname

wuzmaname Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2010
    It shows up in my market.. (Spain)... have been waiting for this for a long time, so instabuy!!!

17. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Shows up in US too! Wow. nice :D

Edit: I mean that link works

18. famousringo

famousringo Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2011
    *Tapping that buy button with authority!*

19. Juuicetin

Juuicetin Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2010
    #59 Juuicetin, May 22, 2012
    I am surprised to see this out today. I was expecting a Thursday release with all the talk that has been going on in this thread. I ain't complaining though, instabuy for me too!

EDIT: Someone should put this game in the iPhone games release section. It would probably get a lot more traffic than this thread and may increase the sales for it. I would do it myself, but I still don't know how to integrate the iTunes info page into the forums.

20. Jamvert

Dec 20, 2009
    Canada
    Yeah, I was just reading all the new posts about the value of Thursday and was starting to warm up to the idea of waiting until Thursday, when I checked my email and saw that it was ready for sale and being uploaded to iTunes.