Universal LostWinds - (by Frontier Developments)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Dec 20, 2011.

1. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    I mean, other than the controls, EVERYTHING is the same.

2. proof21

proof21 Well-Known Member

May 25, 2012
    Once you get a hang of the controls, this game really hits the spot. Can't to play LostWinds2.

3. brewerpaul

brewerpaul Member

May 11, 2009
    OK-- I'm on my way to the falls. I got our hero up on the ledge where there's a closed door and a ring that I can pull up (walkthrough calls it a lever). Supposedly I should pull it up then hop down below and go through the opened door to get the next statue. I pull up, hop down, door is still closed. I've also brought the rock up there, but that doesn't seem to make a difference. Help!

4. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Game froze twice on me, one during a dialog box and once while inside the 'spitting plant'. I was unable to close the game after it froze, the home key was unresponsive, I had to hard boot my phone. Anyone else having this problem?

5. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Man, I'm really digging this game... I'm so glad I got to pick this and LostWinds 2 while they were on sale!

6. Bettsie

Bettsie New Member

Oct 8, 2012
    Stuck

Seems a lot of people get stuck in the same place-- to the left/west of the door that was opened by placing the rock on the switch. I'm trying to use the poyak plant to jump up to the ledge to the right, but I fall short every time. I am having trouble on both my iPad and iPhone, just stuck here. Any tips on how to get it to work? Very frustrating as i know what I need to do, but just can't get the controls to take me there. Seems like I'm getting better lift when I'm trying to go up and to the left versus trying to go to the right.

7. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    I remembering doing slow full swipes for that instead of the usual frantic swipes... hope it helps

8. Jxsgamer

Jxsgamer Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2011
    USA
    Umm... So, I encourage myself to try Lostwinds since the second went free. I'm at the pint where I learn the technique to curve the wind. Now, I am struck in this ditch with this propellor flower. Unless I am doing it wrong, the guy's air height does not go high enough, also the flower fades enforce I can even get to the cliff in the right.

If this is indeed the intended way to do it, then I really am struck. Curse the creators for over complicating things.

9. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Aww... Well, unfortunately, both LostWinds are pulled from the store. You can still get them from your purchase history (ATM)...

=o(

Hope it's just a bug pull/re-appear thing, but I dunno how long they've been gone. I could swear I downloaded the second one again a couple months ago, so it had to be (kinda) recent.

10. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Both games have been dead since iOS 9 hit. It's definitely not a bug.

11. ironsam80

ironsam80 Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    Both of them missing from my appstore also. The interesting thing is that i have the second game on my iPad Air (latest iOS) and even with the Game Center bug it's working fine and fluently, so it's a little bit strange this move (unless i am a unique occasion and the game have crucial bugs on other iOS versions etc).

12. Kenan2000

Kenan2000 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2013
    It will either get fixed or not,since developers seem to be pretty active,you know,that rollercoaster game port,but there is this game called "Dungeon defenders: Second Wave" which stopped working at like iOS 8 yet it is still in the appstore...I'm still waiting for another DF game that is supposed to come out on iOS at some point.