Luminetic Land - (by AppzYourLife) Universal

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Snozberry, Jan 22, 2014.

1. saosijs

saosijs Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2012
    Brazil
    Will the official release really be iOS 7 only? If yes, I'll pass, as I decided not to "seven" my iPad2. Would be too bad, because this looks real good

2. appzYourLife

appzYourLife Active Member

Oct 22, 2012
    iOS Indie Game Developer
    Italy
    Yes, it is iOS 7 only, I am sorry you will not be able to install it.
    However I am glad you like it.

3. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Is the game coming out this week or not because I wanna vote for it for game of the week, well if it gets nominated off course.

4. appzYourLife

Oct 22, 2012
    iOS Indie Game Developer
    Italy
    Hi ROGER-NL,

I am going to release the game in Italy next week.
    And a couple of weeks later the worldwide release should follow.

Thank you a lot for your enthusiasm, it is really appreciated!

5. ROGER-NL

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Well if the game was not that good you heard nothing from me Ha Ha.

6. appzYourLife

Oct 22, 2012
    iOS Indie Game Developer
    Italy
    Luminetic Land worldwide release is next week!

7. saosijs

Mar 24, 2012
    Brazil
    I promise to try this weekend to delete 2GB on my iPad and upgrade to iOS7!

8. appzYourLife

Oct 22, 2012
    iOS Indie Game Developer
    Italy
    @saosijs: That's great! I am very happy you will be able to play Luminetic Land!!

Over the past few days I realized that who install an app using a Promo Code will not be able to leave a review for that specific app, even when the app is officially released.

So if you want be able to review the game on the App Store I suggest you not to use the promo code and to wait for the official release (on Feb 20th).

9. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    It's out in the uk now.

10. appzYourLife

Oct 22, 2012
    iOS Indie Game Developer
    Italy
    #30 appzYourLife, Feb 13, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2014
    Right! I released it on UK and Switzerland a few hours ago.

Worldwide release on Feb 20th!

11. ROGER-NL

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Still playing your game just wish it had points for leaderboard instead of time. But it's your game so it doesn't matter, still liking it.

12. appzYourLife

Oct 22, 2012
    iOS Indie Game Developer
    Italy
    I am honored you are spending so much time with Luminetic Land.

Over the past few months I thought about using points in the score system, I even defined a function to calculate the points from the elapsed time and other factors. Finally I decided to use a simpler approach and I used only the elapsed time.

However I am evaluating the introduction of achievements in a future update. And if the game is downloaded by enough users I will release more levels :)

13. ROGER-NL

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Just got all the medals on world 1, now I am trying to finish world 3.

About the score system, if it had points for leaderboard it would made me play it even more because it would be a challenge to reach first place in a world, now I just wanna figure out the level and get 3 medals on it.

Achievements are always great, hope you put a sync button in, so I can cash them in, Ha Ha.

Good luck with your launch next week.

14. saosijs

Mar 24, 2012
    Brazil
    That is a bit of a bummer for me (I don't have to tell you, Roger! :D). Time based leaderboards are rare, not many games implement it. They are problematic because of their "inverse" nature (less is better as opposed to more is better). If you add content, not playing gives you an advantage. Cat on a Diet had a content update and kept the new content excluded from the TOTAL leaderboard (how "total" is that? :rolleyes:). There is a solution that Aiko Island implements: it defaults a level to 60 seconds and you can lower that by playing it. Another solution is not having a TOTAL leaderboard at all, like Lumenetic Land :p. But imho that also doesn't make sense, even more so with 100 individual leaderboards (in itself that is great because it would allow you to see where to improve)

15. ROGER-NL

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Well you are a Leaderboard fanatic I know that and I am also, it gives a game more how do I say it right, it's just more fun with a Total Leaderboard IMO.

The game itself is great though, it has some inventive levels I must say.

16. appzYourLife

Oct 22, 2012
    iOS Indie Game Developer
    Italy
    #36 appzYourLife, Feb 16, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2014
    Yes, a "total leaderboard" would be strange since who plays only 1 level is at the top.
    I am wondering about the introduction of a total leaderboard where score is uploaded only when you have completed all the levels.

What do you think about it?

17. saosijs

Mar 24, 2012
    Brazil
    It is what Cat on a Diet also does, but it doesn't solve the problem of a total leaderboard when you are going to add a new world. Also, you won't be able to see your relative progress while still completing the game (minor issue, I admit). I think it is either the Aiko way (start with a default of say 60 seconds) or convert to a point system, the latter also being what everybody is used to see

18. appzYourLife

Oct 22, 2012
    iOS Indie Game Developer
    Italy
    Ok. Another solutions is to create a "total leaderboard" for each specific world.

19. saosijs

Mar 24, 2012
    Brazil
    Hate to state the obvious, but that's not a total. That's a bunch of subtotals at best :D
    It's your game and you should do what you feel is the best for the game of course. Just don't invent the wheel again was what I was trying to say ;). Think how is the gameplay, if for example you can exit a level without having collected all stars, give the stars points too plus a time based bonus.

By the way, I finally have 4GB free now, will make a backup and then going to install iOS 7! :D

20. appzYourLife

Oct 22, 2012
    iOS Indie Game Developer
    Italy
    Thank you all for the suggestions. One last question: over the next few hours Luminetic Land will appear on the App Store worldwide. Should I create a new thread here on Touch Arcade in the "iPhone and iPad Games" section?