Universal Lunar Silver Star Story Touch - (by SoMoGa)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Sep 19, 2012.

1. picohero

picohero Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2012
    Now I must invent a way to erase memory

2. eflin

eflin Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2011
    Silly question for the new update... but if you switch the language to japanese do you get english subtitles? I will try saving before the next cut scene and seeing for myself but I thought I might get a quick answer here. I typically prefer subbed anime to dubbed so it'd be great to give subs a try on this game :- )

3. picohero

Jul 16, 2012
    It is my understanding that the new update has NO subtitles.

4. SeppTB

SeppTB Member

Sep 5, 2012
    Per TA's article: "... and the option to play with the original Japanese audio. There's still no subtitling for the animation, but I may play in Japanese anyway, as the dub was killing me. The lack of subtitles also impacts deaf and hearing impaired players, and those who prefer to play with the sound off, but the audio in the cut-scenes is mostly flavor and important plot points get recapped in the game's "regular" (text-only) dialogue, so it's workable."

So no subtitles for the cut-scenes.

5. nall

nall Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2008
    This is something we're working on, but incorporating it in this update would have significantly delayed it.

6. eflin

eflin Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2011
    Excellent news on the subtitles (and thanks for the responses all)

One other tweak I'd love to see implemented is in the targetting for spells. I recall in the old one you could tell what units you'd hit with skills such as Alex's explosive stab. In this version it just seems like all the enemies are highlighted each time. Is a fix for this also in the works?

Keep up the great work! This update is a very nice step in the right direction!

7. furushotakeru

furushotakeru Active Member

Aug 29, 2011
    I had the problem but the last beta seems to have fixed it.

8. picohero

Jul 16, 2012
    I hope so cuz I was playing on the latest beta, I just want to beat the game and unlock the extras area

9. Darksoma

Darksoma New Member

Oct 11, 2012
    Crash after blue slime battle

I saw a few others had this issue but did not notice a specific resolution as of yet. Every time I fight the slime boss and board the ship Nall mentions he's getting chilly and then the game completely shuts down.

I have rebooted each time after this occurs and try again. So far after 5 tries it still doesn't work. I did install the latest game update yesterday and am using an iPad 2 iOS 6.0.

Any ideas on how to get past this? I've tried switching between portrait and landscape mode with no luck. Also tried each with wifi on and off...

10. gamemom

gamemom Active Member

Nov 3, 2010
    #350 gamemom, Oct 11, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2012
    Just downloaded the Apple update and the game is still crashing on the final boss. So far, 5 crashes and no completions.
    Otherwise everything seems great. Quick work guys, thanks!

Gamemom

11. TundraGator

TundraGator New Member

Oct 11, 2012
    Terrific game, bug with keyboard

Just want to say that this game is terrific and I have no issues with the actual game at all. I'm just so excited that this game is finally available on iOS and I hope you guys continue to bring old Working Arts games to iOS (specifically Lunar 2). I just wanted to bring one potential bug to SoMoGa's notice (as it appears they are reviewing this thread occasionally).

I'm using an iPad 2 with iOS 6 and a Logitech ZAGG keyboard case (second generation). Arrow keys work perfectly and the <x> key activates/leaves the menu and the <enter> key selects icons or performs actions. However, no matter where I am in the game the <s> key brings up the shop menu. It's very weird. I get the Buy/Sell/Exit screen and can sell stuff wherever I want but there's no option to buy anything (makes sense since I'm actually in the Blue Dragon Cave right now).

12. rey

rey New Member

Oct 9, 2012
    Since my last question wasn't answered I'll ask this one, anybody know if this is as buggy on a 5 as opposed to a 4S?

Cheers.

13. picohero

Jul 16, 2012
    This insbt really an answer, but my touch 4th gen is kinda bugged up in places. Give me a list of your bugs and I'll try to help :)

14. rey

rey New Member

Oct 9, 2012
    Nah I haven't purchased the game yet, I was wondering if this was suited to the 5 at all. Might just go ahead with it and see since I just want a good JRPG for this phone.

Cheers for the answer also mate.

15. nall

nall Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2008
    We tracked down this issue, it's exclusive to retina iPads. On some (but not all) the back of the coverflow is incorrectly setup, and we think we have a resolution. We may ship a 1.1.1 update for this issue.

Looks like you found what was left of a debug menu, which will shortly be removed. Unfortunately, it doesn't do anything interesting anymore. :)

16. MagusDiablo

MagusDiablo Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2012
    English Teacher
    Why is this game not available in the Japanese AppStore?

17. chubbypillow

chubbypillow Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2012
    NY
    The game is still crashing when fighting Ghaleon. After a while fighting him, the game crashes and minimizes. I noticed a slow down before it crashed. But other times it crashed without any slowdowns. Ive fought him four times now and each time it crashed. I am using an ipod touch 4th gen

18. picoro

picoro Well-Known Member

May 23, 2012
    [​IMG]

cant pass here,the boss regenerate all damage inflicted and never die.

please fix this bug,thx.

19. Nobunaga

Nobunaga Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2012
    #359 Nobunaga, Oct 14, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2012
    That's strange. I beat that boss the first time I fought him. I remember him regenerating health. Not all that much though.

If you use some buffs on Alex then keep his mp up and use his single enemy skill you should be able to do more damage than he regens. Use whichever attacks do the most damage with other characters.

20. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    That issue has already been posted a few times. They recommend deleting and reinstalling from the AppStore. There is speculation that that is an anti piracy slime :D