Universal Lunar Silver Star Story Touch - (by SoMoGa)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Sep 19, 2012.

1. nall

nall Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2008
    Rancher, I've played through both parts repeatedly on my iPad 3 without issue.

Could you send your saves and logs so our folks can take a look? I'll PM you the info. Thanks!

2. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Any idea when 1.1.2 will be available? I'm considering buying it, but won't have enough free space to update once installed. Thanks for any info!

3. nall

nall Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2008
    #403 nall, Nov 27, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2012
    Soon! Exact timing is up to Apple.

EDIT: 1.1.2 is out.

4. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Thanks for the info! Can't wait to finally give it a go. Will probably be downloading soon & starting it tomorrow. Thanks for continually updating.

5. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    By the way, thank you so much for implementing portrait mode. I've been wanting a deep rpg to utilize portrait. Makes it way easier to play it conspicuously during meetings and when socializing gets to be too much!

6. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    I've been playing a little bit now and I'm really enjoying it. It's my first time with any Lunar game so I'm thrilled its in my pocket and on the go.

Just a couple things I've noticed. When I go into the menu and select Luna then heal, it automatically highlights her, but you can't just press the button to make her heal herself. You have to use the d-pad to select someone else, then go back to her. There's also a similar difficulty in selecting files to save to order overwrite. But thankfully we're able to do both! Obviously these only apply to the portrait d-pad mode I think.

7. smj

smj Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2012
    Why are the buttons insanely huge on the ipad? Manual positioning and resizing would be lovely.

8. Aventador

Aventador Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2013
    Student
    Croatia
    Ok I finished game 3 days ago and must admit that 7 dollars spent on game were one of best investments in App Store games, not that I hesitated much as I played it on Psx.Well, at least I finally get to the end of it. :)
    Amazing in many ways would probably be best description of game, even though I got couple of remarks :
    - controls are a bit too responsive, meaning if using virtual joystick it's too responsive and fells like I'm playing pinball with party , they move too quick and often I miss person/ door / bridge in default village was a nightmare which can be frustrating after couple of tries; had to use touch controls for most of game and delicate situations , aka avoiding enemies and crossing bridges
    - A and B Buttons are too big and when you have to move to right side they are in your way which is a big problem , particulary when moving in cities; being able to customize, move and resize those buttons will solve problem
    - in battle with first boss game crashed 2 times ; game didn't crash on any other part , but I think game fps dropped a bit in animation of ship after defeating first boss , when captain is taking ship to sea ( game was played on Ipad 4 )
    - not a remark, but I wanted to unlock extras so bad, and even after beating game they didn't unlock :(
    I am missing "my eyes" achievement so guess you probably have to get all achievements to unlock extras ?
    Could someone help me what to do to get that achievement ?

And a big thank you for bringing this game to iOS for it's developers :)

9. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Sorry I have to ask (I tried going through this thread but way too many pages), but does anyone know how the bugs are in an ipod touch 5G are? And how is the difficulty level of the game? Is it similar to the FF series?

Thanks!

10. Aventador

Jan 16, 2013
    Student
    Croatia
    I can help you with difficulty level of game :it's not difficult at all ! It's very different from FF , you don't have to grind levels so much here as game always serves you with enemies you can beat , even when 2-3 levels under recommended ones for that part of game( equipment does wonders ). Also there are no random encounters, you can see all enemies and their movement on screen, so by learning their moving patterns you can even easily avoid them if you're tired of fighting or on low hp/mp. Must say that enemies and bosses are balanced very well in every part of game, makes game enjoyable and not so grindy and frustrating as older FF games tend to be :)

11. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Ahhh You're tempting me! I really want it all of a sudden (I'm going on an RPG craze right now). Now I just hope there aren't any game breaking bugs in there like so many people are worried about. But I have one of the new ipods so I wonder...

That difficulty sounds pretty good and I've always loved being able to see enemies!

12. Aventador

Jan 16, 2013
    Student
    Croatia
    Can anyone help me with how to get "my eyes" achievement and how to unlock extras please , this is one of rare games I want to complete 100 %

13. nall

nall Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2008
    Wanted to let everyone know we're sending out a beta of a new update shortly.

Spoiler:
    You need to visit the men's spring with sufficient soap.

14. nall

nall Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2008
    The 1.2 update is on the App Store. Includes subtitles and a couple of UI/bug fixes.

15. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Any chance widescreen is comin?

16. nall

nall Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2008
    Hopefully! We have someone looking into it; unfortunately, it's not a simple change.

17. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Right on!

Even just having some custom boarders would be great... I'm more concerned with the controls becoming unresponsive when my finger slips into the quarter inch black bar. =o/

18. mikky

mikky Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2012
    One of my favorite games, brought to the iPad wonderfully. Good bargain for a great game, highly recommend.

19. nall

nall Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2008
    Glad to hear you enjoy it :)

20. Aventador

Jan 16, 2013
    Student
    Croatia
    Lunar 2: Eternal Blue please ? :)