Machinarium $4.99 -> $1.99 (iPad 2 and above)

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by RaptorF35, Jan 5, 2012.

1. defred34

defred34 Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2012
    Earth
    I am no fan of P&Cs. Don't like the style of Machinarium either. However, I did pick up Botanicula from its Humble Bundle Debut some time back and played for 10 minutes. I shut it down after that because I felt that game would just be perfect for a touchscreen and felt like a chore with a mouse. Great graphics + music, and funny too it was.

Here's hoping Botanicula makes its way quickly to iOS!

2. Master Shake

Master Shake Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2008
    Does this work on ipad3? I saw two reviews about the sound not working and wanted to see if anyone here had a problem.

3. Yeah, will this work on the new ipad (3)?

4. Prhaber

Prhaber Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2010
    Bought this yesterday at full price - but for once I'm not too bothered about today's price drop. It's such a great game I don't really mind paying full price.

It's not the longest game in the world (finished it in about 4 hours I think) but it'll be four of the best hours of gaming you'll have - and even for the full price of £2.99 that's a bargain...

5. 1776-1865_RIP

1776-1865_RIP Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2011
    Cool, was waiting for this to go on sale again.

6. iPadisGreat

iPadisGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Is it four hours after knowing what to do, or does that include the time taken to figure out Machinarium's puzzles?

7. Prhaber

Prhaber Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2010
    Probably about four hours the first time through - but with a lot of help from the walkthrough that is built into the game! And the walk through is fantastic - a real work of art with nicely hand drawn illustrations.

8. iPadisGreat

iPadisGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Finally completed Machinarium; an enjoyable adventure, but am totally lost with regards to the plot. Is there a writeup that explains the story? The Wikipedia entry seems to contradict the walkthru that I consulted which was also different from the dev's guide.

9. AndyKorth

AndyKorth Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2008
    Game Developer
    A huge thanks to Jakub for participating in the New Year App Blowout with Machinarium. They've also got another app, Kooky, in the sale. If you loved the art of Machinarium you should check it out. It's also on http://www.newyearappblowout.com/

10. Pman

Pman Well-Known Member

May 2, 2010
    Texas
    I think I'm going to have to go ahead and nab this deal. Seems like it's well worth the money.

11. Sash-O

Sash-O Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2015
    Germany
    January sale!:)