iPad Mad O Ball 3D

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by goiMot, Mar 4, 2010.

1. influx-z

influx-z Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2010
  2. galaxygrrl

galaxygrrl Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    San Francisco, CA
    Hi all

The developer mentioned to me in passing he sent out a lot of codes and only got a few reviews on iTunes. If you got a code, it would be cool to give the game a review. :) You got a free game out of the deal and it's a great game. :)

3. Breakdown Studios

Breakdown Studios Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2010
    3D artist
    Outerspace
    promotional image

Hi guys!

how are you all doing?
    I just finish this promotional image for our game and I want to share it with you for some feedback

[​IMG]

I was also thinking of adding some caption/baloons to each slice, but I´m not sure what to write, any idea?

cheers!

4. RagManX

RagManX Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2010
    Apologies for not getting a review up sooner. After getting my promo code some time ago, I just started playing Monday afternoon. Wow, what a wonderful game. Really enjoying this, and said so in the review I finally submitted on the App Store.

5. Breakdown Studios

Mar 4, 2010
    3D artist
    Outerspace
    well,
    thank you very much for the appstore review! it really reflects all the effort we put in making this game :D

We are starting to get some few Website and youtube reviews too, check them out on the news section of our website!

6. Akira

Akira Member

Mar 9, 2010
    I like it! The middle top one is so funny !

I dunno about comics style balloons, the image is nice as it is IMO.

7. Breakdown Studios

Mar 4, 2010
    3D artist
    Outerspace
    sorry for the late reply,

I think some text will make it more manga like, but I can´t really come up with anything good or funny for now...

glad you like it :D

8. influx-z

Mar 9, 2010
    #108 influx-z, Apr 23, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2010
    I think a balloon could say: "roooooolll baby !"

And I would have made a shot with the ball rolling on the black jacket of the guy :p

Very well made, congrats!

9. iFanzine

iFanzine Well-Known Member

In the square underneath the Mad 'O' Ball text perhaps a couple of quotes from the glowing reviews the game is getting... ;)

Will the speech bubbles be coming from the ball (as in the game itself)? If so, a funny statement from the ball along with a brief description of the different gameplay aspects could work?

10. Breakdown Studios

Mar 4, 2010
    3D artist
    Outerspace
    I´m not sure about writing the review on the promotional image :p but beside that I now added the link in my signature and will defiantly be on the Appstore description soon! thank you for it, it really show you have been playing the game deeply!

I was thinking more of something like the caption marvel use for the narrator voice.. can´t really find you an example now yet..:p

11. influx-z

Mar 9, 2010
    Well, marvel caption or balloons, I definitively like the iFanzine Idea !

12. Akira

Akira Member

Mar 9, 2010
    Game Impressions

I'm enjoying this game soooo much !:)

I could finally complete the west tracks and I finally reached the North world and was such a big fatigue!!!
    The track that really made me put the device on the table for a while was the West7 track..man...so hard! But at the end I did it!!

The North world is very nice, I can't miss to slip off the icy track though!
    I probably need to stop rushing the curves now :D

I love this game I spent some really nice hours with it. Buy it!!!!:eek:

13. influx-z

Mar 9, 2010
    #113 influx-z, Apr 27, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2010
    Game Impressions

Yes the North world tracks are stunning !
    The more difficult track in the whole game is that damn level6 north how's the name of that track ? Snow Storm or such...omg is terrifying ! :eek:

I suspect this track was done not by the same guy who did all the rest, the developer could confirm that ? :eek:
    It's an awesome level don't take me wrong, but is really the more challenging one among all the thirty-two ! It looks almost like a iPhone graphic chipset "benchmark" to me ! :D
    I tell this because I noticed a slight framedrop in this level (not the intro camera but when playing the first 2 "rings" ) and I think is getting very hipoly there for my iphone3G. All the other tracks plays just fine BTW.

I'm finding some shortcut to play this course, and make a better time, I hope to be able to complete the game soon! Any other players could find nice "cheats" to literally "jump" off some piece of track to make a better time ? I saw the Dev fighting with another player on North8, apparently there is quite a shortcut there ! ;)

Pro

I'm telling you guys, this is the longest racing/arcade game I ever played on my iPhone. Snowboarding is good, also some racing and war games out there are very good too! But long like this, with all these amazing content and with a longevity of more than 3 weeks now.
    A tip for augmenting the longevity: a level editor would have been kick ass stuff !!!

Cons

- Now that I'm skilled (I think) I really miss much the ability to send challenges to my OpenFeint friends!
    - A replay feature connected with challenges would have been fantastic !(not sure about ghost in this game)
    - Different way to jump than clicking on the jump corner buttons, as I hate to make my screen dirty !

Overall:
    Well, this gem brilliant and original game really deserved my 5 stars on appstore !
    My biggest congrats to the devs, I can't wait for new updates from you guys !

14. galaxygrrl

galaxygrrl Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    San Francisco, CA
    This is in new and noteworthy in iTunes. Hooray!

15. Breakdown Studios

Mar 4, 2010
    3D artist
    Outerspace
    yes! we finnaly got there! thanks to all the supporters here at TA, without you we would have never did it!!

16. iFanzine

iFanzine Well-Known Member

Congrats! Well deserved :)

17. influx-z

Mar 9, 2010
    Hey that's great news!

Congrats:D

18. Breakdown Studios

Mar 4, 2010
    3D artist
    Outerspace
    Update

just an Update to let everybody know, we are working on a new lite version for mobile carriers that is going to be below 20mb in download.

Also check out our facebook for all the great response we are receiving from many review site!

here

Since we are also starting our work on the iPad HD version of the game, please let us know if you have anything in mind, we are open to all kind of suggestion to make it spot on.

19. Akira

Akira Member

Mar 9, 2010
    I'm plenty of ideas for your game, but I'd like to see them in the iphone/ipod version as well!

More physic tricks, movable platform and such stuff!

For the iPad version I don't really know as I don't have an iPad but I think some "track" view would be sweeeeeet on the big iOne!

20. Breakdown Studios [it]

Breakdown Studios [it] Well-Known Member

May 19, 2010
    Freelancer IT consultant
    Italy - Lomellina
    #120 Breakdown Studios [it], May 19, 2010
    Last edited: May 19, 2010
    Hello everybody!

Hello everybody,

I just joined these marvelous forums at toucharcade and I must say I'm impressed by the rightfully first / best iphone website-magazine out there, for professional reviewers and a very correct approach to the big universe of the Appstore.

I've seen beta-testing social groups, dedicated forums (great forum btw), and marvelous detailed reviews!!!
    Still not for Mad O Ball 3D, but I'm still hoping for this one ;)

I confirm what my Swedish workmate said about the new Lite/Free version coming out (OpenFeint will be EXCLUDED) as well as the graphics will be more compressed to obtain the lightweight of around 16MB allowing iphones on data carrier network to download the game and test it out with the Lite/Free version even when far from home :)

I also confirm we have started working on the HD universal binary for the happiness of all who have both iphone/ipad and want NOT to spend more money to play the game HD on own iPad. There's not a precise release date yet.

I want to thanks everybody commented the game here, goiMot for starting the thread and all the friends out there.
    I want also to thanks for all the positive reviews got on the usa appstore, for people who tried the game with and without a promocode been given.

I would like to clarify and spend some words on a review in particular that is talking about calibration problems or weird kind of stuff:
    The game is so nice played flat. I'm able to calibrate to play it also on a 25°/45° basis, but still, I prefer LEVER-FLAT, because I enjoy the game much much more than lied down in the bad or like reading a newspaper (not possible to play at 90° or lied down 180° and this is how the game was designed).

This game is about gravity, if someone missed it, and we thought from the first times that would really be pointless to play the game in a position different than FLAT.

About the game being: "unforgiving difficult", I may agree with this review we got, and, yes, is not a "resting on a chair sleeping game", is not a "I just slide my finger on the screen" game.
    It is..well..an hardcore game, mean mostly for hardcore gamers, but I can tell you, I saw 4 y.o. children playing the game just fine, as well as older people (50) winning with ease!

A friend of mine reported from town:
    "I just saw an entire family last day, driven mad by our game, the son (16) has the iphone and loves our game, the daughter(15,never played a videogame before) spread the battery of his device playing our game all the time! She said. And the father, well, somebody has to tell him: "Hey, you gotta go to work now! He could not leave the game!"

So, what to say again:
    ok, ok, there is some "unforgiving difficult" track, we admit that!

But, hey I must reveal something now! :D
    Probably the MOST difficult track in the game, NORTH 6, and well, also SOUTH 8, they were designed by me(the coder) and not by the level designer! Forgive me, they are tremendous I know! :eek:

There is also some other track I hate too, but don't worry, you can play any of the 8 tracks of the unlocked worlds, so, if you can't really with one, try the next !

Oh, and, of course I could not omit this little tip:

There are "special" points in some tracks, that have "tricks", like:
    try to jump before a CURVE, and you may finish on another part of the track, saving a lot of time! Try this in the first track "Easypeezy", try to jump right before the first curve ! ;)

I hope you are enjoying our game,
    stay tuned for more stuff and promotions coming soon !!