MadJohn - video trailer !

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by motionvfx, Sep 8, 2009.

1. nodoctors

nodoctors Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2009
    i don't think you'll regret it. ;) i wouldn't be too worried about apple censorship either since there are plenty of other apps already available that are quite gory.

so you're submitting this today, right? do you have any more gameplay footage?

2. motionvfx

motionvfx Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    motionVFX.com owner
    Poland
    Hopefully will be all ready today and will submit later today - doing final checkup. Maximum tomorrow.
    Yeah, I love blood idea and I agree there are more gore games, but most of them uses zombies and other creatures, not people ;)
    Let's ship it out first and then add blood ! Yeah !

I've got more gameplay footage recorded, so I'll post it on my site which I'll be rebuilding in the meantime of Apple approval, so it will see the daylight when the game actually arrives.

I'll keep you posted ! Thanks for all comments !

3. motionvfx

Sep 8, 2009
    motionVFX.com owner
    Poland
    "Revenge of the Mad John" - submitted to AppStore !!!

Everyone, I want to tell you that I've submitted my game to the App Store. Now, the waiting starts........ :) Keep fingers crossed !

4. nodoctors

Jul 24, 2009
    thanks for the heads up! i can't wait to get my hands on this and my eyes on some new footage.

5. motionvfx

Sep 8, 2009
    motionVFX.com owner
    Poland
    I'll keep you posted. It's been 4 days already. Officially on Apple's website: http://developer.apple.com/iphone/appstore/approval.html they say:

"Based on the current volume of app submissions, 96% of applications are being approved within 14 days."

We will see. I'm waiting :)

6. d1

d1 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2009
    looks like an interesting game. with a few updates it has a lot of potential. hopefully apple puts it through..although they tend to be extremely slow -_-

7. motionvfx

Sep 8, 2009
    motionVFX.com owner
    Poland
    Thanks !

Yeah, they are slow, but hey, they've got millions of apps coming every month :) But yes, I've started having that nightmares that they've rejected it five times :D

8. d1

d1 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2009
    eh i guess. they should just higher more testers then, i KNOW they have the bankroll to afford it lol. just hope its not another Minigore incident..lmao

9. motionvfx

Sep 8, 2009
    motionVFX.com owner
    Poland
    So true :)

10. nodoctors

Jul 24, 2009
    almost one week down...at least one more to go. :mad: you should do some more green screen type games like this. i've been dying for another green screen fighter like mortal kombat that uses recordings of live people. there were plenty during the 16-bit/early 32-bit era...but since then there hasn't been a single one i can think of. the app store is sorely lacking fighting games at the moment too... ;)

11. CaseyLay

CaseyLay Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    I don't like it. Seems too easy. The enemies should take some more damage before going down.

12. nodoctors

Jul 24, 2009
    given the health meters, i'd assume he was playing in easy mode to show the money shots for the trailer.

13. motionvfx

Sep 8, 2009
    motionVFX.com owner
    Poland
    Exactly, that was easy mode. You can choose between Easy and Hard. Hard mode is way cooler to play.
    ... and it's been a week from the submission. Still waiting....

14. motionvfx

Sep 8, 2009
    motionVFX.com owner
    Poland
  15. nodoctors

Jul 24, 2009
    #35 nodoctors, Oct 5, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2009
    looks damn good. 40 unique enemies is actually pretty surprising for an old school beat em up :eek: i'm sure a handful of your friends had to hit wardrobe more than once during the making of this. ;)

yep, one more week to go...and might i add that "Don't be a pussy. Fight For Your Woman!" is one of the best game slogans of all time, and is the sort of thing that should be on a bumper sticker or a t-shirt.

16. motionvfx

Sep 8, 2009
    motionVFX.com owner
    Poland
    hehehe :) Yeah, that was really cool time shooting that footage :) Some characters are myself, but anyway, we had really cool time ;)

Don't be a pussy ! It's another week or so ;)

17. motionvfx

Sep 8, 2009
    motionVFX.com owner
    Poland
    Today is day #10. I'm still waiting..... Hopefully will know more on Monday :rolleyes:

18. motionvfx

Sep 8, 2009
    motionVFX.com owner
    Poland
    By the way, how can I attach youtube video to the post?

19. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Like this:

Looks pretty sweet, by the way.

20. motionvfx

Sep 8, 2009
    motionVFX.com owner
    Poland
    Thanks! How did you do that? :) I've been trying copy and paste embed code but it didn't work :confused: