GameClub Mage Gauntlet (by Rocketcat Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Oct 19, 2011.

1. lepeos

lepeos Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2010
    Kepa I know you've said you don't want to do iCloud support a few pages back, but are there any plans to add a cross-save functionality that doesn't require us to use iTunes? Like using Dropbox or something?

Thanks!

2. KoRssO

KoRssO New Member

Oct 15, 2010
    Yeah that would be great for not loosing saves like i did :(

3. flameon

flameon Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2011
    #1483 flameon, Dec 29, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2011
    I just got this game and its amazing!

nvm.

4. Guise

Guise Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2009
    Yeah, I finally got that one last night. Only hat left to get is the Lumpy Mask and then the completionist in me will be satisfied. Thanks for the reply.

5. SirDarkened

SirDarkened Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2009
    Ha srsly?
    Where do I live?
    I can't wait for the spin off.

Hoping to a near 2012 release ;).

6. Kepa

Kepa Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Like a straight-to-dropbox thing? I know you can back up your save on your computer using iTunes, then do whatever with it... does some other game use a straight to Dropbox save system?

7. Coulbe

Coulbe Member

Nov 17, 2011
    No worries. Soon you'll be waiting like many of us for the spin off game. :p

8. lepeos

lepeos Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2010

I think Broken Sword 2 has Dropbox specifically, but I mean something like Battle for Wesnoth or Aralon which allows a save to be uploaded directly to the Internet. Presumably to some server, and that's why I mentioned Dropbox - its free.

I understand the save system you have implemented and I don't mean to bash it, it's a lot better than most games - its just for convience sake I suppose. First World problems and all that.

9. C.C

C.C Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2009
    I've gotten the MM modes secret bunker level but never got an achievement. It's the one with the cursed skull right?

10. Agas

Agas Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2011

[size=+3]TOUCH ARCADER'S PICK FOR 2011[/size]
    [​IMG]

[size=+2]Who Will Win?[/size]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[size=+2]LESS THAN 24 HOURS TO VOTE[/size]

[size=+3][thread=112564]VOTE HERE[/thread][/size]

11. Kepa

Kepa Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Yeah. It was broken for awhile, but is fixed now. Some people reported problems with Gamecenter recognizing it even now, but it seems it just fixes itself after awhile.

12. xzamplezz

xzamplezz Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2012
    Kepa, I am a long time fan of Hook Champ coming back after a break. I stopped buying apps shortly after buying Hook Worlds. I remember you were talking about working on an RPG, and Mage Gauntlet must be it. I purchased it to show my appreciation to you for making quality games, and always listening to your fans.

Personally, I am not a fan of RPG style games, and I just wanted to ask you if you plan on making any speedrunning games in the future?

If not, maybe you can enable ghosts for each dungeon on the spinoff you're working on. Something as simple as the ghost feature gives me tons more replay value. (It is the main reason I purchased Hook Champ in the first place.)

13. Kepa

Kepa Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Speedrunning games: Not planned. The genre just isn't really that popular. Instead of ghosts, the direction we're going in for future games is randomly generated levels. Random levels, while providing more replay value if done right, don't really support the ghost concept too well.

14. PlexShaw

PlexShaw Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2011
    London, UK
    I've searched high and low this evening and cannot find the post in question. Any pointers?

15. Guise

Guise Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2009
    Taken from the post directly after the one you quoted, p.148. I think that's what you were asking about.

16. jonnycache

jonnycache Well-Known Member

May 14, 2011
    Ok slime cave 1, how on earth do I get to that secret room in the middle of the map?

For clarification it's south west of the room with the second note.

17. jonnycache

jonnycache Well-Known Member

May 14, 2011
    Oh god please help me someone, It's my own fault I know but I'm clinically incapable of progressing through the game until I know how to get into that goddamn room. Is it the runes I'm extinguishing? Is it even possible at this stage? Is there a new mechanic in the slime stage I've overlooked?

Arrrrg.

18. Skinbo

Skinbo New Member

Jan 12, 2012
    Sorry If this has been asked but I didnt feel like sifting through the 150 pages on this thread.

I'm finishing up Estermonts on MM, and have yet to find a better equipment combo than Hungry Blade and Ring of the Zealot. Everything else I use just feels like I'm putting myself at a huge disadvantage. I generally try to get 3 stars, and It just seems impossible sometimes If i try to use a different equipment setup.

I have yet to use the Archmage or Battlemage armor yet, So there may be better options as far as killing efficiency when I get them... but I guess my question is...

WAT SETUPZ Da U GAIZ RECUMEND?!?!1

19. Coulbe

Coulbe Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Murder Dog, Battlemage Armour, Corruption Sword and Ring of the Zealot.

20. Ben!

Ben! Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2009
    Chicago, IL
    Are there still plans for iCloud sync?