iPhone Magic 2013

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Vernimator, Jun 20, 2012.

1. awertos

awertos Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2012
    it's realy magic :D great game :) toy for boys :)

2. zachawry

zachawry Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2008
    How can I play against myself?

I have two iPads, both of which have Magic on them. Currently they both are running the same Game Center account.

Is it possible for me to play Magic against a friend if I give him one of the iPads, or is it impossible if the account is the same? Can I log out of that account and into a new one, but keep all my purchased cards etc.?

Thanks!

3. xStatiCa

xStatiCa Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    #1163 xStatiCa, Oct 2, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2012
    Just create another gamecenter account. Even if you have the same appleid for purchases on both iPads if you sign into a different gamecenter account on one of the ipads it *should* work based on my experience with all the previous games I have owned (including Kard Combat) but for some reason I can not get it to work with Magic 2013. Please do give it a try though as it might work for you. I am curious the problem is somehow limited to my wife and my gamecenter accounts or if it really has issues for others too. It really should work though.

The problem I see is the other person gets the gamecenter notification but when they go into the app the game does not show up for the person that is notified. I tried inviting both from each gamecenter account and it still doesn't work for either one.

I have removed Magic 2013 (including gamecenter data for that game) on both systems, reinstalled and still have the same issue which is disappointing. I only bought the game to play with the wife when it was first released but still can't do so :(. I even paid for some IAP before testing the multiplayer.

4. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    I'm just stoked that I was able to play offline last night and it actually appeared to not only know where I last left off in my progress through the campaign, but save the progress I made last night.

5. tabs

tabs Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2009
    Philippines
    Be careful though, since back then, was playing garuk with tons of tokens, let's just say board is full. Had to leave asap so i minimized it with five fingers. When i got home, tried playing and it started crashing on me. No way to fix it. Thankfully though, after a day, the saved game restarted or something and the game started working fine again.

I would assume it depends on how intense the game is, which caused memory issues and made it impossible to resume the game. Not sure if the dlc update fixed it though. Never again would i minimize the game without finishing the game or concede. :)

6. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    I want this and Gasketball on the touch

7. volcanopele

volcanopele Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Mar 27, 2011
    Planetary Geologist
    AZ, US
    So as I said above, I'm finally getting into Magic 2013. I'm on the revenge campaign now and just beat Odric. Take it from me, if you have an opportunity to beat your opponent by just barely taking his health down to 0, don't hesitate. Don't think, "Yeah, but if I wait till my next turn, I can really crush him." Just do it. Don't use those creature damage points (like Prodigal Pyromancer's 1 damage to other creature or player when you tap it) or damage spells on Odric's massive army of 1/1 creatures, just take out Odric. Because then those 1/1 creatures will be turned into 3/3 creatures and your great Inferno Titan will be exiled. And then you will lose. Then lose again. And again. And again. And again. And again.... until finally you get lucky...

Sorry, just a very frustrating string of games, especially when you know in hindsight that I could have cleared Odric on my first game against him.

8. FoolishEarthling

FoolishEarthling Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2012
    Manchester, UK
    Odric on Revenge is probably the toughest match in the game, and it's not easy for Chandra. Once you've unlocked all the sweepers it gets easier, but Odric is direct, effective, consistent and can spawn dangerous threats with a single card draw.

9. tabs

tabs Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2009
    Philippines
    My brother challenged me to beat Odric (AI) with Chandra, seeing that he always complain Odric is hard to beat. I went 2-3 in five games. I know I lost the best of 5 rounds with the AI, but I have to admit, 3 of my loses are REALLY close fights, and never once was I actually raped. Odric AI is really consistent and seem to drop threat every round.

I love the Odric deck and used it most of the time pre DLC. My favorite card is Guardian's Pledge (1WW, +2/+2 to all your creatures, instant). I can't count the number of games I won due to that card alone. :D

10. I finally managed to beat someone online with an expansion deck this morning. Usually the random people I play quit if I'm winning, or crush me - funny how the ones who are crushing me never seem to quit. :)

I thought I'd get the achievement for using an expansion deck and beating someone online, but it didn't pop. Anyone else have this issue? No big deal, but I put a lot of sweat into that victory, so would've liked getting a reward!

11. Loganaustin

Loganaustin Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    are they going to add this for the iPhone, or will it stay iPad only...?

12. FoolishEarthling

FoolishEarthling Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2012
    Manchester, UK
    General consensus seems to be that they would need to basically rewrite the whole thing for iPhone. I don't expect you're going to see this on your phone any time soon.

13. LordGek

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    I agree. The iPad release really was a pretty straight port of the XBOX/PC game, to convert it to iPhone would require some major reworking.

14. Respox

Respox Active Member

Sep 4, 2012
    Can someone please list a summary of all the current IAPs for me? I've been looking through the previous posts, but there are hundreds, and I don't quite understand how decks are unlocked. Do you have to buy each one?

I know the base app is free, but I'd have to delete some apps and clear some space to install it, so I want to know how much I have to spend first to see if it's worth the bother.

Thanks in advance.

15. tabs

tabs Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2009
    Philippines
    #1175 tabs, Oct 15, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2012
    1. The APP is Free with 2 decks.
    2. You pay 9.99 to unlock all 10 decks.
    3. You need to win 30 times on each deck to unlock the 30 cards OR
    4. Pay .99 for each of the decks (10 total) to automatically unlock them
    5. Pay 5 to unlock 5 new decks (DLC/Expansion)
    6. You can also pay .99 each deck if I am not mistaken for FOILS.

Basically, I just paid 9.99 to unlock the full game, won 300 games to unlock 300 cards (30 cards per deck X 10 decks). The DLC/Expansion came out and I spent another 5 dollars to unlock 5 new decks and won 150 games to unlock (30 cards X 5 decks).

To summarize, 15 USD for the full game and DLC/Expansion. OR, add another 15 USD if you are too lazy to unlock them individually.

16. LordGek

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    It should be emphasized that the wins to unlock additional cards in a deck can be in any mode! Multiplayer, Custom Game vs. AI, Encounters, or even Campaign Encounters/Duels you've already cleared! I mean, short of setting up some fake multiplayer game to quickly win, you could just re-do one of those early encounters over and over to unlock dozens of cards from a deck in no time.

17. paferblo

paferblo New Member

Oct 17, 2012
    hi all, i'm french, so sorry for my english:D
    i play magic 2013 on ipad, but i don't know how have more points, and growing in the ranking... it seems that my score never move when i win a match vs another player.
    can u explain me how to do ???

18. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    Grinding for cards using the first encounter nearly ruined the game for me, and I only did it for one deck. The game becomes mind-numbingly boring and you start to lose any desire to play it. I decided to try playing the deck I'm unlocking against every other deck in custom games, that way at least I'm learning something about how the deck performs against others... even though the unlock rate plummets that way.

19. LordGek

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    I'm with you on that. I'm just saying those who want it all quickly could do this but I like playing against random decks (close my eyes and spin the opponent selector) in Planechase!

20. tabs

tabs Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2009
    Philippines
    If I am not mistaken, you need to beat someone with the same or higher ELO rating from you to gain points. If you won against 10 opponents with lower ELO than you, your points wont increase, but lose 1 game to an opponent with a higher ELO than you, you lose points. I'm not entirely sure about this though.

Grinding sucks, but with 14 years lay off from competitive paper magic, it is nice to unlock cards slowly to fully understand the newer cards/decks (and tweak the deck every 5 wins or so is such an enjoyment). I think I unlocked 13 decks from the first encounter, and explored with the other 2. :D