Magic Orbz (universal) $1.99 > FREE

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by mrbiggles, Dec 5, 2013.

1. AnarKitty

AnarKitty Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2010
    Minneapolis, USA
    As others have suggested, and I've gone off about more than once before, it's time that Apple takes an official stand against this theft of functionality from paid users. Every time a dev does this, there should be automatic refunds, period.

2. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    And now, how is it?

3. Kubaton

Kubaton Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2012
    Louisiana, USA
    #23 Kubaton, Dec 6, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2013
    It sucks because of all of the ads. Just check out the App Store reviews. Last I checked, all (6) reviews in the new version were 1 star reviews. It'll be +1 when/if mine gets approved.

I emailed HeroCraft but haven't received a reply.

Exactly. I'm going to email Apple tomorrow because I'm curious to see how they'll reply.

4. mrbiggles

mrbiggles Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2012
    Like retired
    USA
    cool

keep us updated on there replies back! will be interesting to see what they say or not say!

5. Eoghann

Eoghann Well-Known Member

May 29, 2012
    IT Guy/Graphic Designer/Gamer
    New York
    Left my scathing, 1 star review. :)

6. Nobunaga

Nobunaga Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2012
    Same.
    They easily could have released a separate ad supported version. Instead they want me to pay again to remove ads.
    I'm not really mad about it, I hadn't played the game in ages, just deleted it after loading it up to see how bad it was.
    Herocraft ltd will never see another sale to me though.

7. Drummerboycroy

Drummerboycroy Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    That's one of the things that is so odd about this trend. People keep conflating disappointment with anger. It's happening in the "Bejeweled" sale thread right now as well.

Am I angry? Heavens no. Waay too much going on "in real life" to worry about losing properties in 1 dollar increments.

Am I disappointed? Yes. Will it further color my feelings about the App Store, about purchasing games, about developers talking about "needing to survive," about "Premium" games with "unnecessary" IAPs, about developer integrity and honesty in general? Uhm, yeah, OBVIOUSLY.

I am utterly flummoxed by the notion that anyone who bemoans the lack of premium games, complains about sales, IAP-nerfing, or ad-cracking, wishes the App Store wasn't so "casual," or wants Indie developers to have a better shot at success doesn't understand what is being discussed here.

DBC

8. Kubaton

Oct 15, 2012
    Louisiana, USA
    The thing is, people have the right to be angry if that's how they feel. You, me, and everyone else has the right to our own opinions. Just because one person feels a certain way doesn't mean everyone else should. For some people, a dollar is a big deal. For others, it's nothing.

I'm not angry about it. I've received plenty more freebies than losses, and for that I'm thankful. Although, I did send an email to Apple to convey my displeasure.

People shouldn't be afraid to stand up for what they believe in, and others shouldn't criticize them for doing so.

9. Drummerboycroy

Drummerboycroy Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    Yeah, agreed completely, but now we're delving into talking about higher emotional maturity/social functioning levels within the context of the internet... baby steps, my friend... ;):D

DBC

10. Kubaton

Oct 15, 2012
    Louisiana, USA
    #30 Kubaton, Dec 6, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2013
    I emailed Apple about it and, as expected, they told me that I needed to contact Hero Craft. I had already emailed Hero Craft, but still haven't received a reply.

I agree, some people take it to the extreme. I work in law enforcement and see that way too often. To me, this is just an adventure. I just want to Hero Craft's and Apple's replies. Normally, I just don't say anything at all. Pfft, a buck, big deal. I've lost way more than that on app sales alone. That's just the nature of the beast.

11. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    This indeed was a good game and, as with Bejeweled, I still don't understand why devs don't out out a separate ad-supported version. It's done on Android all the time (free ad-supported versions and paid versions even of popular games like Angry Birds).

Yeah, there are much bigger issues in life. But one thing this does for me is say goodbye to another dev. Wish you luck HeroCraft, because you won't be getting any more of my money.