Make sure you recognize the "ville" dev

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by freedog, Jan 29, 2010.

1. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    That's hardly counts as pixel art, you can't even see the pixels since it's not 1:1. I wouldn't be at all surprised if those sprites were stolen from Google somewhere.

...and you do realize both games are identical, right? You actually spent money on a second one after buying the first? I think we've found the dev's target audience.

2. MichaelScott

MichaelScott Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Lumines sold theme packs too, i think of these package as themes.

3. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    They're not though, are they? It's a classic example of someone trying to spam the App Store, utilizing minimal effort for maximum profit. Lots of people here like indie devs, lots of us don't particularly like EA/Gameloft games, but we're not so blindingly ignorant we can't see a scam like this when it comes along.

4. MichaelScott

Jan 24, 2010
    Then we are basically on the same side here I don't like EA/gameloft games too and I personally feel that this villegames are better than any gameloft games on the appstore.

5. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    #45 Vovin, Feb 1, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2010

Midian did NOT say "I don't like EA/Gameloft" - he said "lots of us don't like".

By buying these -ville games... hm, how am I supposed to tell you - you are actually hurting the honest indie devs, which try and work hard to give you the maximum value for your money. As long as these people sell their crap, they will continue releasing all this rubbish.

The reason of all these drowned indie gems in the AppStore are not the few games from big companies - they couldn't burry all the good indie games. It's the spam apps. And you are supporting the spammers und keep damaging good indie developers. Tsk, tsk, tsk...

And LOL to "I personally feel that this villegames are better than any gameloft games on the appstore"...
    Comparing Avatar, Hero Of Sparta and Dungeon Hunter to this... omg...

6. MichaelScott

Jan 24, 2010
    you don't approved but can't bury the fact that this dev also exerted effort in making this app. Maybe he needed this to put food in the table and flaming him here is not really helping anyone.

7. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    Then what can I say... your taste in games is bizarre. It's one thing not to like Gameloft games, but saying you like spam apps that were obviously created in 30 seconds with little to no effort or care involved at all, purely to steal your money...

I'm a big fan of indie devs and I'll always stick up for the little guys, but these games are just bad and the person who created (if he even wrote the code himself) them is not in the business because he enjoys game development, he's in it because he's lazy and wants free cash. Trust me, the developer himself knows these games are terrible.

8. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    #48 Vovin, Feb 1, 2010

I am not flaming the dev. I am just realistic.

And: I also love to support indie devs. There are many nice gals and guys out there. 3Ggamergal (The Deep, Zombeat, Bloodlines), Andrew Cakebread (Tilestorm), Steve Broumley (Hi, how are you?)... they suffer because tenthousand fart, -ville, a-, and tapthebutton apps and other crap are burrying their works of art!

I always wonder what would you do if a indie dev scores a huge success, founds a company and starts releasing big titles. Will he be shunned by you because his indie work paid off?
    And if so - you want to support the indie devs and hope that they will be successful - and when they are, they're scum? Or should indie devs make only small successes so that the continue being indie devs? But that wouldn't be very supportive thoughts.
    Well, you're really janus-faced.

9. Squeaker

Squeaker Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Bookland
    I started to reply but thought better of it. Just leave him in his indie dream world. He obviously is lucky enough to live in a place where everything is either black or white.

10. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
    I am all for supporting indie devs Mr Scott, however your blind eye is turning consumers away from the very group you are trying to support. There are several indie devs on these forums that engage in meaningful discussions and take suggestions from the community on how to improve their games and ask what updates they would like to see in the future. I actually have very good relationships with several of them and I love helping them out.

How about a new project for you? You love these ville games so much, go invite the dev to the forum so that he can discuss his games with us. You are actually giving indie devs a bad rap.

Its much better to have conversations with an indie dev that cares about his ONE "baby" than an app store spammer just pumping out the games - same code, reskinned.

Next you will say that that Khal... person was wonderful for getting all those apps out too! Do you NOT see that hurts the TRUE indie dev? Can you NOT see that that buries those TRUE hidden gems? (I know that your answer will be - No NEG I don't see that, so I guess those are rhetorical).

Now go convince the ville dev to join TA and we will see how community oriented and caring he really is or isn't.

11. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    Khalid Shaikh ;)

12. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
    Thanks Midian - I actually thought you might help me out there!

13. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
  14. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
  15. foxmulderino

foxmulderino Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Student
    Italy
    is some of these games free?? i want one of them! :D

16. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    #56 Vovin, Feb 1, 2010

edit: uh, no. this comment is far too dangerous... :D

17. tblrsa

tblrsa Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2009
    Vienna
    #57 tblrsa, Feb 1, 2010
    Am I smelling a troll in here? I´m putting my tinfoil hat on and state that Michael Scott might be an anonymous indie hater who is out to give them a bad name. You fail, sir. It´s far too obvious.

18. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany

Oh my... here we go again....

[​IMG]

19. GlennX

GlennX Well-Known Member

May 10, 2009
    UK
    Yeah, he is a not particularly subtle strawman sock puppet.

20. one f jef

one f jef Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Sorry, I wouldn't support a spammer like that.

If he's got that many games, spread all over, I'm 100% positive that NONE of them are worth my time.