iPad Man at Arms TD: Pocket Edition (By Inert Soap)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by drdeniz79, Jan 23, 2014.

1. tricket

tricket Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2010
    Map editor notes

Hey there! I'm Tom, one of the developers.

Just wanted to thank you for enjoying the game, and also ask for any feedback you have when you use the editor. We love our editor, but I also have to admit that .. it can be daunting to jump into! In the last couple days before release, we were madly trying to add help and explanation in the editor, but when it combines the background map stuff, foreground objects, monster paths, wave information, build spots, and all that ... well, I know that things that are totally obvious to us now will seem mystifying!

So -- do let us know (you can e-mail me at [email protected] if you want) if you get stuck in it, or anything -- it'll help me figure out the right things to do better explaining for in our next patch!

Also, once you make levels, you can send them by e-mail, or if you post them anywhere online, anyone with either version of the game should be able to import them directly.

2. Nyx1978

Nyx1978 Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2013
    Bought this because of the good impressions and so far so good.

It definitely is a KR 'clone' but when that is done good I don't mind at all and this game seems to be done good!

It has a nice presentation, fixed paths (which I prefer in TD games), the same towers as KR with the already mentioned cards which you can use to upgrade etc.

Only played 3 levels so far, but I can already say that if you're a KR nut like me, you will probably like this too.

3. tabs

tabs Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2009
    Philippines
    I'm enjoying the campaign so much that I haven't dabbled with the editor yet. Will surely let you know my thoughts on that after I've tried it.

For now, one thing that is bothering me are the merging of cards. There are not much info on that section and I'm very cautious as to what to do with it. I have a handful of spare cards that I wish to merge, but afraid to mess up. Hoping for more info.

Anyway, great great game. Hope you guys will continue to support it.

4. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    Welcome to TouchArcade Tom(tricket), I always like seeing developers on the forums. Great job with the game, I'm really enjoying it. I would say the whole CCG aspect is probably my favorite part of the game and really adds a lot of replay value for me because I want all the variations of the cards. My only request, add more card variations, PLEASE. Thanks:)

5. darnoc703

darnoc703 Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2013
    Man I wish I could buy a 4.99 one for my iPod and iPad, but only have the editor on iPad. I am a huge da of making levels for whatever I can, but I just have a school iPad and a personal iPod and I dont want to have to buy both versions...

6. darnoc703

Mar 24, 2013
    Oh nvm! Just saw this, will purchase now and then end you an email! Thanks for being an awesome dev!

7. darnoc703

Mar 24, 2013
    In what point in the iPad version do we unlock the edited, I probably should be posting this in the proper thread, but whatever.

8. ojtitus

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    If I remember correctly the level editor should be available after beating the 6th or 7th mission, it might even be the 8th mission but somewhere around there.

9. darnoc703

Mar 24, 2013
    Ok thanks, I'm on like 6 but was wondering if it was unlocked and I was just missing something g

10. ojtitus

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    It's called Tom's Travel Agency and it's on the left hand side of the world map.

11. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    This looks pretty cool, I'm tempted to pick it up (iPad version) as I love games with cards to collect.

12. darnoc703

Mar 24, 2013
    You should, also I'm about to post my level I just finished making!

13. darnoc703

Mar 24, 2013
    Ok! Here is the level I just spent the lsat hour and a half making. Enjoy!

I think what you will have to do to play the level is unzip the file, email the unzipped to yourself and then view the email on your ipad to download it. I would love if the dev can explain the process. Anyway, here is the level! It has 10 waves.

View attachment level_Darnoc_0.zip

Attached Files:

14. Based Xatu

Based Xatu Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
    Mixing all your cards is a bad idea.

15. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Sounds very interesting also more curious how the cards works I love deep games and games where you can customise your loadout but I've seen others mention they weren't quite sure how it worked mixing and they have the game.

16. ScotDamn

ScotDamn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
    Me too, would love to know more about the cards and how they add to the variety and customization.

17. tricket

Feb 15, 2010
    Merging cards

Thanks! I'm glad you're enjoying the game!

We'll definitely try to put more information in about merging cards. My general recommendation is to spend the extra gems to unlock one or two more slots. If you put (say) all 4 cards in, the card you get back will definitely be better than anything you might have put in.

Also, the way it works is that if you put in all 4 of one type (like an archer tower), you'll get an archer tower out, although it might be a L2 tower rather than an L1 tower. So the only caution there is that merging a card you absolutely need, and only have one of (like if you just have one L2 archer card available), it's possible it'll turn into a L3 card, and suddenly you won't have the full "chain" to upgrade. Does that make sense? Anyway, it's something we're working to make less annoying, as well. :)

18. tricket

Feb 15, 2010
    Thanks!

Thanks, Ojtitus! Happy players is our goal! (Along with a gazillion dollars, but we're willing to wait on that one) ;-)

More cards, and card variations, is definitely what we're looking at next (along with some new monsters and levels). Honestly, I'd love to double the number of cards, so that things could get crazy! It was always one of my favorite parts for when we were programming the Diablo games: adding one more and more prefixes and suffixes so that players could go wild with new loot. I'd love to do that here, as well!

19. tricket

Feb 15, 2010
    We'll gift you a copy

I think I mentioned it in an earlier post, but it's kinda gotten buried. Basically, since we also wish there was an easier way to have the app universal, if you buy the iPad version (so that you'll get the editor and best graphics), e-mail me at [email protected] and I'll gift you a copy of the iPhone version. It was certainly never our intent to make people pay twice for the same game, so that seems only fair.

20. tricket

Feb 15, 2010
    Speed posts!

You guys are too fast for me -- didn't check the forums earlier this morning, and then I was ready to answer questions, and you guys have already done it all for us! :)

Anyway, yes, what ojtitus said. And do let us know when you find things that don't work, or are confusing, or whatever. I get so used to the quirks and weirdnesses of the editor that I kind of stop seeing them, if that makes any sense. So knowing what confuses anyone here will let me fix it for the next patch!