iPad Man at Arms TD: Pocket Edition (By Inert Soap)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by drdeniz79, Jan 23, 2014.

1. tabs

tabs Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2009
    Philippines
    Hi. No, I'm just a TD nut. :D

2. darnoc703

darnoc703 Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2013
    Lol it sounded like you were :D

3. tabs

tabs Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2009
    Philippines
    #63 tabs, Jan 26, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2014
    I play only 3 type of games on my iPad. Tower Defense, Card Games, Music Games. Oh and Gamebooks. To combine TD and Card in a game is a bonus! :D

EDIT:

A few more suggestions to the Dev.

1. Any chance of making the chest drop that contains the gem to automatically getting the gem? I believe there's a certain time and it disappears. Maybe prolong the time? Some times, during the heat of the battle, and using all the spells, I can't see them.

2. On the merging of cards that I have not tried yet. Any chance of showing a preview of the card you can make? Just a wild suggestion. I do not know yet how it really works.

Thanks!

4. darnoc703

Mar 24, 2013
    2. The preview ruins the suspense! And music games are the best! You should check out geometry dash too, music and a level editor! Anyway, I made a video of my level, I would love it if you could watch it and drop me a like. :D

5. shaymon

shaymon Well-Known Member

Sep 3, 2013
    I downloaded the iPad version and have to say that this is a great tower defense game. I am really digging the way towers are upgraded with cards and the ability to combine them. While you can purchase gems in the store, you definitely don't need to. You get plenty by playing. I am sure I haven't scratched the surface of upgrading cards but so far it has been great.

This is definitely in my top 5 and maybe even my #1 for TD games. Not sure how I missed it but I'm glad it showed up on the TA feed.

6. tabs

tabs Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2009
    Philippines
    I haven't tried uploading the map yet, but will surely give it a try, and will get back to you.

7. Defard

Defard Well-Known Member

May 25, 2011
    UK
    I cant beleive I missed the ipad version when it released. Deffo up there with both KR games...hope it makes you enough wonga to create some more levels!

This sir is an excellent game (tips hat).

Two gripes....1. overlapping of selection boxes (sometimes you cant see the price of a tower at the top of the screen due to the border....2. some sort of heads up how the combination system works would be useful (ie does the order of the cards in the boxes make a difference etc).

8. PBSNellie

PBSNellie Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA
    #68 PBSNellie, Jan 26, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2014
    Dev participation in these forums is the final tip me over in premium purchasing decisions. Downloading it now and looking forward to a lazy Sunday with my iPAD!

Update: This is a beautiful game. I just have one question for TOM: When I tap on the tower (thinking I was going to upgrade it), it comes up with a flag and my men go inside the tower. How do I get them to come back out?

Thanks!

2nd update: Strike that. I just figured it out!

9. tricket

tricket Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2010
    Editor Tutorial

Absolutely! Honestly, it's the kind of thing we should have done already, but we've been too swamped to do. Let me know if you get one up and we'll link to it as well, if you don't mind!

10. tricket

Feb 15, 2010
    That's awesome -- I'm glad you've been enjoying it!

I should make a new save game and play through from the beginning again to find towers that are near the edge. We try to keep doing that every couple weeks when we make changes, but I haven't had a chance to do it lately.

The icon is a bit goofy/relaxed, isn't it? My programming partner Mike thinks it looks like the soldier is drinking a mug of blood. Yum! :)

11. tricket

Feb 15, 2010
    As a confusing answer to the gems (because I'm good at giving confusing answers!) ... you don't actually lose the gems ... what happens is that as you play, you build up a hidden reserve of gems. When you kill a monster, you have a chance of getting some of them awarded. If a chest spawns, but you don't get it in time, the gems just go back to that reserve, and will appear again soon. The higher your reserve goes, the more gems a chest will have -- so if you kept missing them over and over, you'd eventually get a chest with 50 gems, or something.

For the combining cards ... I think I'd also say we don't want to preview the exact card, but we could certainly make a little animated example that shows roughly what's going to happen (L1 Barracks + L2 Barracks turning into a magically-fast L1 barracks, or whatever).

12. tricket

Feb 15, 2010
    That is very cool -- I've posted it up on our Facebook page as well, and once we get our act together and get the website up, I'll link to it from there if that's okay. :)

13. tricket

Feb 15, 2010
    Thanks, Shaymon -- we're glad you like it! And you're right -- we put the ability to purchase gems in there for people who want to speed through, but we did our best to make sure you could play the whole game without needing to spend any extra real money. :)

14. tricket

Feb 15, 2010
    Hi there! Thanks, glad you like the game! And, yeah -- we totally agree about the overlapping selection box issue. We've started shifting how things layer so that even when stuff gets smushed up, the important stuff (like upgrade costs) shows up on top.

Also totally agree about showing people more information on the combining aspect. It's been something that people seem to really like, but also have a zillion questions about, so we need to get more info out there! :)

15. tricket

Feb 15, 2010
    Thanks, PBSNellie -- we're players just as often as we are developers, and we also like being able to actually engage the developers .. so we try to make sure we can do the same thing when we're on the other side! :)

Glad you figured out the moving-troops bit, and sorry it confused you! We never did put in the initial "tap this flag button to set your rally point!" note that should show up at some point, which would also help with that.

16. darnoc703

Mar 24, 2013
    That's more than okay! That's awesome!

17. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Now I'd just like to ask if you have any plans for a price drop or free day or anything like that soon as I'm just about to buy the iPad version tonight but I'm sick of buying games lately and then they go free or on sale the next day?
    Just thought I'd ask first to save me the trouble.
    Thanks

18. sugimulm

sugimulm Well-Known Member

Good question! I'd like to know too. Looking at buying the iPad version, since I bought the iPhone version. Seems like a trend these days :(

19. tabs

tabs Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2009
    Philippines
    Nice to know about the gems. No worries. The game is 'almost' perfect as it is! :D

20. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    So I've played a few missions and done a few combines actually my first combine taken the cost of my red shirts up to 150! I agree with others of like more info on combining what the color borders mean and what we might get ect

Really like the game though so far although struggling a little as I combined what I thought was spare artillery and now I can't build any until I find a new card.