iPad Man at Arms TD: Pocket Edition (By Inert Soap)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by drdeniz79, Jan 23, 2014.

1. tricket

tricket Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2010
    That sounds familiar. :) I think I've tended to go with as much fire as I can at that point, while my programming partner Mike uses the Death Mage and poison clouds.

Anyway, hope you keep enjoying it, and pop the pigs! :)

2. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    #102 ste86uk, Jan 27, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2014
    So how do I know how rare a card is? Ifni reply levels will I still get card drops?

Also just messed up again I mixed a brute barracks with my level 1 hoping to mix them and ended up with a level 2 : ( now I can't build any barracks.

3. pavarotti2007

pavarotti2007 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2010
    UK
    Any plans to add GC achievements?

4. tricket

Feb 15, 2010
    So, aside from the crash bugs, fixing the "ack! I combined my XYZ basic card!" is definitely a priority. :)

For card rarity -- each card has a (hidden) rarity vaue starting at 100 and going up ... well, infinitely, although there's probably some max that they don't go beyond. Visually, we break cards down into "White border" cards (no magical boosts, and low value), and then green=>orange=>purple=>yellow for increased rarity. It's a rough categorization, since you might have one orange card that was better than another, but it should be a reasonable visual guide.

5. tricket

Feb 15, 2010
    Yes ... the main reason we didn't at the start is that we have the different sub-accounts (for example, my son, my wife, and I all play on my iPad), and we wanted distinct accomplishments for each of us, which Game Center doesn't let us do. But we can at least make it so that the GC Achievements mirror the other ones, and as soon as you get "Kill 10 Gruffs" with any account, it counts as completed for GC, even if another one of your accounts hasn't done it yet.

6. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    Yeh thinking I'll have to start again...again now with no level 1 barracks I keep doing easy levels hoping to find them but no luck and it need that to carry on my missions but going to lose thousands of gems I've spent playing for hours now though.

I thought borders were rarity I'm use to the WoW colors from white-green-blue-purple-orange.

I really do dislike starting over but sometimes it's hard to enjoy combine with no idea at all what I may get. My first file I had amazing upgraded red shirts and this time I have 900 deck space! But with no idea when I may get a new level 1 barracks.

7. tricket

Feb 15, 2010
    Yeah, the two things that are diving me crazy right now as a developer are (a) the crashes that we're waiting on logs from Apple for, so we can fix, and (b) the issue that never seemed to come up in beta testing, where you end up losing a necessary building and are suddenly stuck. I'm hoping hoping hoping we can get the crashes figured out, and get a 1.1 patch out for the phone that deals with both that, and the combining issue.

8. Jake7905

Jake7905 Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2013
    Did you try buying new cards from the shop? I've gotten 3 level 1 barracks cards that way.

9. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    I'd spent all my gems upgrading my deck size just before it happened, started over now anyway and I'll just have to be more conservative with what I combine. Catching up to where I was slowly but missing out on some great cards I had.

I'm also wondering how card collecting works? So the first time you beat a level you get 3 you can also buy them and sometimes you randomly get them in a level. What are the chances they drop on a level and will anything increase it? Also if I just repeat a level multiple times to try get more cards to strengthen my deck is that a viable strategy?

So this is my third file and used different tactics on each since the cards are random it does change gameplay from file to file at least for the first while depending on towers you find and especially spells! I certainly miss my power up for my archers to shoot explosive arrows though.

10. shaymon

shaymon Well-Known Member

Sep 3, 2013
    Yes the difficulty ramp up in crazy on this level. Seems a bit off. I was breezing through levels until I hit this one. Time to rethink strategy I guess ;)

11. Nyx1978

Nyx1978 Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2013
    Another 40 mins of trying but with no result, the Into the Deeps level seems impossible atm, at least for me.

The lower right corner gets overrun and it doesn't seem to matter which towers I'm using. I think someone mentioned firemages but iirc that is a lvl 4 tower which I just can't build this early in the game.

And just as I thought I had a bit of control in that corner, several brown bears went through the exit in the lower left corner haha.

Oh well, guess I just need to try again!

12. EvilDucktator

EvilDucktator 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Sep 28, 2011
    Walt Disney World Cast Member
    Brisbane, Australia
    This or the other TD release from this week?

13. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    Hi tricket apologies if this has already been reported but on the touch 5th gen ios7 I'm getting crashes every time I try and leave the deck building menu.

Leaving that aside I'm enjoying the game but not really getting on with the zoom/mini map style. I know from reading your earlier posts that this was a design choice but got to say it's not really doing it for me

14. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    I would 100% say get this it has a couple of bugs but nothing game ending really which they are working to fix anyway.

But generally games I buy play a little and then probably not again or maybe a bit here and there. For me this game kept me coming back like Castle Doombad and Bardbarian did/do it's a great game and the card aspect added on to TD makes it more addictive. Even now I'm rushing to get things done so I can play.

15. darnoc703

darnoc703 Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2013
  16. Nyx1978

Nov 20, 2013
    It would be great if people with the 'phone-version' would be able to download user created maps!

17. darnoc703

darnoc703 Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2013
    They can I think

18. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    I'm on the phone version, where should I look to download one and I'll let you know if I can? I know some new/shop area appeared around the time online and offensive deck did.

19. Nyx1978

Nov 20, 2013
    Tom's something something on the left side of the map I guess as that is the map creator thingy for iPad.

20. shaymon

shaymon Well-Known Member

Sep 3, 2013
    Yeah it is tough. I had to turn it down to the easiest and I still only won it with 1 life left...The good news is, I am looking forward to mixing up my cards tonight and give it another go. However, like you said, mage towers cost so much and on this level, you have to build so many things in so many different spots to keep up. I use a lot of phoenix and lightning and only one 2 man redshirt card so I might ditch some spells and go for some more ground units.