Universal Marvel: Avengers Alliance 2 (by Marvel Entertainment)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Pham, Dec 15, 2015.

1. Montanx

Montanx Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    #21 Montanx, Dec 15, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2015
    Double post I see. Thought you meant the game was deleted.

2. hellscaretaker

hellscaretaker Well-Known Member

May 27, 2012
    Im a youtube gamer/streamer
    i double posted :)

I enjoyed playing the game so far it didnt feel like i was a uphill struggle if you know what i mean to get anywhere and if i do get stuck i do have plenty of iOS 8 crystals to level up my characters ;-)

3. Montanx

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    #23 Montanx, Dec 15, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2015
    Ah gotcha. Theres def some room to grow and some people will like it. Having skills to collect is a nice touch as opposed to the same old set for each guy. Im just frustrated because I built this game up as hopefully THE P2W squad battler to beat all others but its just another toss away for me.

4. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Geez I agree it definately needs an auto play or speed up function. Its way to slow for me.

5. kenken11

kenken11 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2012
    No auto play? Serious?

6. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Nope it really needs an auto play with skill usage and a speed up function.

7. andysmash

andysmash Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Things that play themselves without need for skill or input are not games. This is a game. You have to win by playing it.

8. Montanx

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    I see where your coming from but this genre is aided greatly by some automation at times. It's not like I'm taking a game like mega man and complaining he doesn't jump around and shoot automatically. Sometimes you just want to stack your numbers and watch them go at it.

If you play and enjoy it, that's all that matters. Iv played so many games recently with hugely positive reviews and disliked them. The mobile landscape is more individual opinion based than ever it seems, at least for me.

9. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
  10. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
    agreed, and the fact that we cant choose which character to use first is a bummer for me. i mean something like tap on which character you like to use instead of the game automatically choose for you.

11. kenken11

kenken11 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Having an auto play is a necessary option for repetitive grinding. U can always off it if you don't like it from time to time but to not include it is amazingly weird as this is from marvel and they have the expertise to include such a simple function! Jokers.

12. andysmash

Apr 6, 2011
    Here's the thing - things that play themselves are one genre and RPGs are another. This game is an RPG, just like the Avengers Alliance before it. You have to play those.

Things like Future Fight, Dungeon Boss, Heroes Charge or that Star Wars one are another genre altogether. Regardless of the control, the games are the same - no skill, no gameplay, just wait 30 seconds to see what you unlock - rinse repeat. I don't know what we call this genre. Maybe just Auto Play apps.

Looking at a good RPG with systems, strategy and gameplay and thinking, "let's make it so you just win a prize without playing" is just... I mean, what's the point? You might as well type "marvel hero" into Google and hit the "I'm feeling lucky" button and pretend you just unlocked whatever it lands on. Keep doing that until you found all the Avengers. There's no difference. That's the exact same "gameplay" as an Auto Play app.

13. Based Xatu

Based Xatu Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
    It's based off of speed, if you meant during combat. If you're talking about your roster, you can switch them out a little later in the tutorial.

So far- just going based off of early chapters- Drax, Groot, and War Machine are the most effective setup. The amount of healing and DPS in that setup is ridiculous.

If anyone wants to add me:
    273-143-592

14. florhackson

florhackson Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    This feels like the first Avengers Alliance, and I don't have to collect pieces of a hero to get that hero (current meta of these kinds of RPG's)

Hopefully this avoids the pitfalls of the mobile Avengers Alliance, and follows more towards the Facebook version. (Basically less IAP's and more chances to win stuff, things they kept away from us on the Mobile version.)

15. Montanx

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    Calling this a proper rpg is a major, major stretch. A few lines of dialogue between stages that are almost identical is not an rpg. It's a squad battler, no different than that DC game, Star Wars etc.

16. touchy85

touchy85 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2015
    That you can't choose in what order your characters attack is not really a bad thing at least it adds some depth when building your squad

17. andysmash

Apr 6, 2011
    You sort of can choose. The attack turns work a bit like Child of Light (if you are familiar with that) in that each attack has a speed. You and the characters are set on a timeline. If you choose a very fast attack, that character will be sooner in the next phase of the timeline than if you chose a slow attack.

18. andysmash

Apr 6, 2011
    Very happy to report in on the PVP setup now that I've unlocked it (at level 7). In a big and welcome change from Avengers Alliance, PVP is set excellent.

First off, you getting beaten when you're AFK by someone else doesn't subtract from your score. Only when you attack and lose will you go down.

Second, once you reach a certain level, you get the reward - and that's it. You don't have to stay in that level. Dropping below it does not take the reward away.

Third, I'm fairly certain that all characters are put on a level playing field. I don't see any info about the level of the opponents I'm fighting. Maybe it is there and I just don't see it? Unsure.

You still win characters and various items for reaching levels, but from what I can tell, those characters are not exclusive. The prize for the first is Angela, and I'm fairly certain she can be found inside the normal shop crystals - I'm pretty sure I've fought alongside her as a support character borrowed from another player. Might be wrong.

So. PVP is great! They've taken away the stress and the treadmill from the previous game. Now the hackers (if they come) and whales won't have an extreme advantage over everyone else.

19. speedyph

speedyph 🌊🌊🌊🏃🏃😂😂😂⚡️⚡️⚡️

Feb 3, 2013
    #######

20. Sequence

Sequence Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2012
    Good to hear about the PVP setup. AA had the most stressful PVP I have ever seen. I was pretty competitive, usually in at least the Vibranium bracket every time. But holy crap. You were fighting nonstop in the last hour, hoping not to get sniped out of your tournament rank. And that was before it became a hacker paradise.

I ended up quitting after I went on a week vacation without Internet and missed a tournament reward that was pretty much meta after that. I just couldn't catch up. I had a pretty good roster and gear too.

So it's good to hear that about Aa2's PVP. The first one had me cursing at my phone like some kind of psycho.