Universal MARVEL Future Fight (by Netmarble Games Corp.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Mar 20, 2015.

1. RichRuzz

RichRuzz Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2012
    I feel like an asshole how many times I keep trying to launch it. xD

2. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Awesome I want that since he is my only 5 star hero!

3. Jernau

Jernau Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2013
    The maintenance takes the now usual 8 hours, so the game won't be back until 23:00 UTC. Just an hour and a bit to go.

BTW, for endgame players, with the new Battleworld there's good time to start diversifying if you have at least 2 6* characters. Thankfully the token chests will help with that.

4. chief78

chief78 Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    Still down! The suspense is killin me Lol

5. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    I'm going to miss my daily log in. :(

6. CygnetSeven

Feb 6, 2010
    Up and running!

7. chief78

chief78 Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    Wow, not liking Battleworld at all. 10 damn energy, AND you have to win 10 fights, not just participate, to get 10k......lousy payout. It's an unbalanced mess as well. Every time I used Giant Man and the other team had him, they could pull his 4th skill immediately while I'm stuck waiting the 10 or so seconds.....literally no delay, match starts and already getting spammed with it. When I use Yellow Jacket, his first skill just makes him go through the motions but opponents take no damage. But they use it and it takes out my hero or 2 of them.

I can understand rank playing into being good, but no timers on the highest cool down move, and skirt moves not working for me at all.....this shit is broken. They just ruined this game for me, and I've spent good $$ and supported the hell out of this game. F***ing Marvel!!!!!

8. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    I got the new spidey suit but I want the Venom one now!

9. Bool Zero

Bool Zero Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    Not liking a lot of the changes either... Making the game tilt toward the bad spectrum of free to play with a lot of the new changes. This was one of the few F2P games I that I actually spent money on it and feeling it worthy (quite a bit of money actually) but I may be wary to spend more given the direction this game is heading quickly. With the new changes to how tokens are used, Battleworld and what actually seems like a decrease in drop rates in my couple hours playing since coming back up from patch and maintenance, I can see myself falling off from this game due to a lot of these unfavorable changes. Don't get me wrong, I understand why they made them; essentially to tongue the screws on the F2P machine, add more randomness to the game and work that psychological level to get folks to spend more... I just think they may be approaching it poorly.

10. Pst-2

Pst-2 Member

Aug 26, 2015
    The changes to random rewards with honor/chaos tokens are unfortunate. I'm disappointed they're moving toward the Marvel Contest of Champions model.

11. Tonk Montana

Tonk Montana Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2010
    There has been a lot of negative feedback about it in the forums so hopefully they will listen. In the meantime I would suggest just getting Hulk and Captain Marvel to 6 stars.

As for the content, I don't mind it so much other than the changes to the Tokens. This gives high level players more to do and keep playing. You can still earn bios in the regular ways. Sad they didn't implement the Alliance friend request for private co-op matches but maybe....

All things considered, we got new heroes, new modes, new collectibles (the comic fronts are cool), new uniforms, etc. Still one of the best F2P games IMO and hopefully it gets better with each iteration. I am looking at the silver lining.

12. CrazedJava

CrazedJava Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 2015
    I am not happy. The new Arena mode is a copy of too many other F2P games where they are compelling you to play to get some exclusive character. You can outright buy that character, it will cost you close to $30.

It's ugly. It's still on the "good" side of F2P but as someone else said they are slowly tilting towards the less savory practices. They made the first bad step on the last update and now this.

I've enjoyed it so far, don't regret the money I've sunk into it at all, but wondering about where this game is heading.

What's really depressing is I think they are doing this to make more money. Not that it's bad, but they're being outgrossed by other games with less player friendly practices. If you treat consumers well and don't get rewarded, maybe this is the end result?

13. Pst-2

Pst-2 Member

Aug 26, 2015
    #2533 Pst-2, Aug 26, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2015
    You make good points -Tonk Montana. I'm just disappointed as I was close to picking up enough bios for Wasp. It seems the Elite missions are dropping bios more often so I picked up Punisher today to make up for it. I only play an hour or so a day so it's not that big a deal really. I've basically quit CoC because it's such a crapshoot trying to get new heroes & it sucks to see this moving in that direction. It's a free game and I get a lot out of it without spending money. I hope they can find a good balance between paying/non-paying players.

14. CygnetSeven

Feb 6, 2010
    I had all this time invested in Gamora and now the only way to continue ranking her up is random draws. Oh well. I guess I'll focus on someone else now.

15. Dale_lindsey

Dale_lindsey Member

Apr 27, 2015
    Anyone reckon falcons uniform will become available again?! Seems that hulk and iron man and stuff have uniforms that say unavailable?

16. spawn12345

spawn12345 Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 2009
    #2536 spawn12345, Aug 26, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2015
    Changing my rating for this game from 5 star to 1 star after the last update.
    Now its just like any other f2p where you need to spend lots of cash to do anything

Nothing to see here folks. Stay away

17. RichRuzz

RichRuzz Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2012
    I have no problem spending cause I enjoyed the game but each update seems to drift more and more from getting my money to support a game I like to I sorta need to pay to avoid it bring a pain in the ass.

Not a fan of Starlord being out of rotation since I was close to getting him up and been working on it for a while.

18. Tonk Montana

Oct 28, 2010
    I agree that the F2P mechanics seem to be getting more overtly greedy which is a shame.

With that aside (a big elephant), maybe we have just gotten spoiled with all the great updates in the past. Any one of these additions (comics, new heroes, new game mode, etc) on their own is more of an update than a lot of games get.

Perhaps we have this Capitalist view of Apps these days where we expect updates (entitled shareholders) and for the App to be constantly upgraded. Of course, for this to happen they need to make a profit and pay their staff to justify the time.

I wish they left the monetisation alone and just added new heroes but...I am going to enjoy the game for what it is. A very pretty grind-fest with great Marvel history and homage.

19. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Sad... But this post seems mostly true if not all of it.

20. Tonk Montana

Oct 28, 2010
    Actually, I take all of my previous statements back. The fact that they have time-limited a whole lot of the cool things in this update plus made the new heroes only unlockable through spending premium currency just irks me. Simply greed.