Universal Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign (by D3PA)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Exact-Psience, Aug 30, 2013.

1. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Yes, read that Oct. 4 is the day. For those who played the soft launch, has anything been tweaked? Worth a download despite the F2P model?

2. MrMojoRisin

MrMojoRisin Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Yeah, this is pretty cool. I made a PH acct so I could get it. The app description says "optimized for iPhone 5" and I got a "warning" when loading it on my 3GS that it doesn't meet the minimum specs (lol, never got that before) but it seems to play just fine on it. Even the effects used when you get your special attacks out don't seem to overtax my phone, so it seems fully playable.

3. Jerutix

Jerutix Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2009
    Male
    Ministry
    Oklahoma
    Is this available in any stores beyond New Zealand and the Philippines now?

4. MrMojoRisin

Jul 27, 2012
    Not in the US store yet. Thought I read something about it being out on the 4th.

5. Jerutix

Jerutix Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2009
    Male
    Ministry
    Oklahoma
    #25 Jerutix, Oct 2, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2013
  6. graffekta

graffekta Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2009
    London
    Can it be played offline?

7. dalbertson

dalbertson Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2011
    I've been playing since this thread was created. I'm loving it, but will admit it probably won't appeal to everyone. I loved the first puzzle quest and have been looking for something similar ever since it got removed from the app store...I didn't like the 2nd PQ quite as much for some reason and it just never scratched that itch.

It has been tweaked quite a bit since it first released. The graphics are looking really good and they've added a lot of features. There is a single player aspect which is pretty robust and they have been having weekly/weekend tournaments on a regular basis. I believe an internet connection is required for both the single and tournament modes. It does feature two currencies, both can be earned in game but can also be purchased as IAP. Tournament gameplay is kind of designed to push you towards IAP but it is not necessary. Single player was great and I'm hoping they add more levels.

All in all a great pick up and play game. Worth checking out if you are a fan of the puzzle quest mechanic and/or the Marvel universe.

8. graffekta

graffekta Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2009
    London
    Dang. Shame about the net connection. Was hoping for a new tube game.

9. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Wish this was out in US!

10. MrMojoRisin

Jul 27, 2012
    Just wait a few days or get a Phillipines iTunes account.

11. Nekku

Nekku Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    Good game so far. Mechanics are very simple. I was in hope that it's more like P&D but nah...

I wonder why it says "preview edition" in the splash screen :?

12. MJY8

MJY8 Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2011
  13. Snotty128

Snotty128 Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2013
    Loved PQ 1 from start to finish, and had a great time with PQ 2. I spent far too much time mining asteroids in galactrix to really get the most of out of that game.

That said this is an instant download for me. It might be freemium, but it surely can't be as obnoxiously freemium as candy crush.... Can it? Nothing could be that evil

14. andreadeda

andreadeda Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2013
    Just downloaded it (europe), was a big fan of PQ so hope this game will offer some fun; obviously not a big fan of the freemium formula but i'll suspend judgement and first give it a try.

15. PCKid

PCKid Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2008
    Game Player
    Western Australia
    Played both PQ1 and PQ2. This is a poor effort by comparison. The in-between bubble dialog is pretty cringe worthy so best to skip it thus taking the story away. It's really not much better than bejewelled with Marvel characters. Would have preferred Galactrix. Much more polished game in the PQ vain.

16. Morgan01

Morgan01 Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2013
    USA
    Okay, have to ask, how is the Freemium IAP model?

17. Arzy

Arzy Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2012
    this is just Marvel Candy Crush right?

18. andysmash

andysmash Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    It is in no way a Candy Crush clone. It is a Puzzle Quest game.

19. Card

Card Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    Toronto Canada
    Can't wait to try it out tonight... anyone hit an IAP wall yet? Interested in how IAP is used....