Mass "What Should I Get?" Thread (2012 - 2017)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Zincous, Dec 25, 2011.

?

What device to get?

Poll closed May 30, 2013.
  1. iPod Touch

2 vote(s)
    15.4%
  2. iPad

7 vote(s)
    53.8%
  3. iPad Mini

4 vote(s)
    30.8%
  1. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    I have recently developed a dangerous obsession with Wazhack and need something to help break that; any suggestions? On one hand Junk Jack / Terraria's world exploration looks promising; on the other hand Minecraft style games seem dull to me so ruling those out for now... anything else?

2. kaZangy

kaZangy Member

Dec 24, 2012
    Looking for an iOS Game!

I really want XCOM but unfortunately I don't have enough money for that at the moment. I'm looking for a strategy-type game with elements of adventure and maybe even co-op. I can't seem to find anything like this. I also want something that won't get repetitive/"boring" after a while. Thanks guys! :D

3. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Kingturn
    Knighturn
    Ravenmark
    Hunters
    Warhammer Quest
    Tactical Soldier Undead Rising
    Partia
    Great Big War Game
    War of Eustrath

There's more, but im not really a big fan of TBS games, but these are a good start.

4. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

+1 to all of those, but this thread should really be in General Discussions

5. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    6,72€, device iPad Mini, open for any suggestions. Let me know your favorite games of 2013

6. tzuptzop

tzuptzop Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2013
    #4686 tzuptzop, Aug 31, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2013
    6€, iPhone 5
    l just got deus ex the fall and looking for another good game##

7. ScotDamn

ScotDamn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
    Im stoked to hear I helped you stumble onto a game! I'm quite interested in those same games: Red Conquest, Blue Defense. However Backtothis says Red Conquest isn't compatible with current gen devices. :( Thanks for the heads up though!

Did you get a chance to check those out?

8. kaZangy

kaZangy Member

Dec 24, 2012
    What is a cool adventure (or any other) game on iPhone 5?

Something adventure-like, and maybe even a strategy game. I'm really open to any suggestions right now, and multiplayer would also be cool. I've been looking at stuff like Agricola, Tiny Thief, Year Walk, XCOM (too expensive at the moment) and Breach and Clear.

Thanks!

9. Gov

Gov Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2013
    Stranded: Mysteries of Time. You'll love it, shame they haven't optimised it for iPhone 5 screen. But still worth a try!

10. saansilt

saansilt 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Mar 23, 2013
    The silent Age.
    Free and real nice.
    Little short but thats probaldly because there is no need to make a cat hair mustache.

11. Presty6

Presty6 Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2013
    I downloaded red conquest and it's great. People say it's hard to get used to but I never had any problems with the controls or too much with the gameplay. Red conquest works fine on my iPod 4, but I'm not sure of it fits with the 5th gen screen though. Blue attack and the original blue defense were removed from the AppStore because the new blue/red games are being published by cat-in-a-box games. :(

12. J2o

J2o Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2011
    #4692 J2o, Sep 1, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2013
    Never mind.

13. SpaceMammoth

SpaceMammoth Active Member

Jun 6, 2013
    Cambridge, UK
    Great Little War Game and its sequel, have kept me busy for hours!.

14. LukMaNoHandz

LukMaNoHandz Member

May 16, 2013
    I've recently been playing a lot of cod: black ops zombies on my iPhone 5 and I'm looking for any similar zombie survival shooter worth my time. I'd prefer it to be endless or have great replay ability or a survival mode or something of that sort. I'd also prefer a relatively modern game if possible although there are some old games that are still good

15. DannyTheElite

DannyTheElite Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Forum poster
    Area 51
    He said strategy not endless timer simulator, with 10 seconds of strategy.
    Anyway, my suggestions
    Aliens vs humans(i think that's the name.) - just like the original xcom from way back.
    Great little/big war game - both are must haves. Played for hours.

16. kaZangy

kaZangy Member

Dec 24, 2012
    What games should I get?

Hey everyone!

I have about 9 dollars of credit in my iTunes account. My question is, what game(s) should I get? Preferably several games as opposed to just one expensive one. I'm not really sure what genre I want--I'm open to try anything new. However, I don't really like those puzzle games in which you try to get 3 stars like Angry Birds, Cut the Rope, etc.

I want something that won't get "boring" after a couple days or a couple of hours of playing. It would be awesome if there were some games full of adventure or strategy, and even multiplayer. I've heard that Great Big War Game is good. How about Scurvy Scallywags? What kind of a game is that? I usually don't like match-3 games, but it looks pretty cool.

I would get XCOM, but it's a little bit too expensive for me right now. I've also been looking at Breach and Clear, but I'm not sure if there's too much replay value. What would be a fun game that I could play co-op with my brother?

I'm open to any suggestions. If you can, leave some details and what the games are about. Thank you very much guys! :D

17. one.sixty.four

one.sixty.four Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2013
    minnesota
    If you like XCOM and want to play coop, try block fortress. Great game there.

18. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    #4698 undeadcow, Sep 2, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2013
    If the original poster wants a game that has environmental puzzles like "adventure" games combined with strategic combat options Fall of Angels would not be a bad pick (although it's not turn based strategy).

Gurk III is a RPG that has a good turn based combat segment.

There was a time when Knighturn was an essential iOS SRPG game; but fortunately it is soon to be replaced with an even more seemingly robust updated edition this September/October so I wouldn't recommend picking up Knighturn anymore. Instead it's "extended remake," Kingturn Underworld, will rock you soon.

Kingturn Underworld upcoming thread: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=193675
    Yes! Partia: The Broken Lineage rules!
    Well said.

19. mky

mky Well-Known Member

Jun 30, 2010
    minecraft for 7yo?

Looking to get a minecraft variant for my 7yo son. Something not too complicated, thinking that the 2d games suit the ipod better than the 3d official minecraft port. Any suggestions?

20. 2133

2133 Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2012
    Student
    Indonesia
    The blockheads look good.

Any games that will keep me interested? I'm more of the action gamer guy.