Mass "What Should I Get?" Thread (2012 - 2017)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Zincous, Dec 25, 2011.

?

What device to get?

Poll closed May 30, 2013.
  1. iPod Touch

2 vote(s)
    15.4%
  2. iPad

7 vote(s)
    53.8%
  3. iPad Mini

4 vote(s)
    30.8%
  1. Teh_Ninja

Teh_Ninja Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Waiter at Chili's
    Dallas
    Best flick basketball game? (played in portrait mode)

2. Chopper12

Chopper12 Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2012
    Junk Jack, yay? Nay?

3. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    #1103 backtothis, Mar 1, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2012
    Anyone else picking up some releases tonight? There are quite a few good ones.

Getting:

Waking Mars
    Fancy Pants
    Zombie Panic
    Kale in Dinoland

Thinking about:

F = M x A
    Invader Hunter
    Tobe & Friends

4. ANIMALCHOPPINGS

ANIMALCHOPPINGS Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2011
    Canada
    Definately yay, it's such a good game

5. GoofyJmaster.

GoofyJmaster. Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2011
    College Student
    Ohio, USA
    Well, I already have Kale in Dinoland and Tobe & Friends.

I can easily recommend both and I've also left impressions.

Others on my list:
    Waking Mars
    Sminis
    Invader Hunter

I'm sort of disappointed with Zombie Panic's IAP whoring, but I guess I'll give it a download.

And fancy pants is too big. I'll just let my Flash memories stay memories. Or, I'll just play online.

Maybe iBomber

6. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    Absolutely yay.

7. Chopper12

Jan 25, 2012
    Has anyone gotten around to getting Fancy Pants. If so, is it worth it?

8. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    It has a lite version for you to try.

9. Chopper12

Jan 25, 2012
    oh haha didn't notice that.

10. smes3817

smes3817 Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2009
    Massachusetts, USA
    I'm looking for a good, fun Galaga type game. Is Galaga Remix any good? Reviews say controls are kinda rough. How about the 30th Anniversary edition? $3 per IAP, do they ever go on sale with the rest of the Namco games or have they stayed at $3? Controls any better? Also, it has a pretty big file size but I can get over that if the games are THAT good :cool:

Any really great clones that I shouldn't miss? Just picked up Gridrunner and I'm having a blast with that. Thanks!

11. Neehan

Neehan Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    Fancy Pants is an awesome platformer. It actually has long levels which is nice compared to the usual bite sized iOS platformers. If your low on space wait for the update cause right now the game is like 330mg but 1.1gig uncompressed. This is getting fixed in the first update.

Waking Mars is awesome as well. Its a little bit more expensive than a lot of people are willing to pay, but I don't mind giving $5 to a great developer. It has tons of polish, an interesting story, and unique gameplay.

12. Agas

Agas Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2011
    I'm looking for a game that has similar gameplay like this one : Bubble Fill Extreme, but more polished.
    Anybody have suggestion?

13. Darth Ronfar

Darth Ronfar Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    Animal related
    LA
    Hmm, well that looks like a pretty unique game. I don't know of anything exactly like it but I can recommend a few games that u may like.

Osmos - it's based on a concept of touching smaller orbs to get bigger while avoiding bigger ones.

Tasty planet(1,2) - based on the same concept as Osmos except its more causual I guess and not as serious or challenging. Its still fun though eating everthing from candy, to people and even planets eventually.

Cross Fingers - the best puzzle type game I've played, requires using multiple fingers to finish puzzles. Quite challenging

Axe in face - U defend daffodils from groups of approaching enemies by drawing a line to take them out. Really underrated game!

Collision effect - hard to describe but revolves around touching and moving orbs around between eachother without them hitting.

Hellsings fire - hard to describe but requires placing a light in the middle of a room ofbjects but only letting the light hit certain enimies by working it around so the ones u don't want to hit yet are behind objects in the shadows.

Glow Fish - this game also revolves around the idea of being able to hit enimies smaller than u while avoiding bigger ones. Except this is an adventure type games where u are exploring wide areas underwater collecting more fish to make u stronger etc..

Rejoin - this game has nothing to do with the game u mentioned except for the fact that it's unique. The goal is to re-unite two balls controlling both of them with the same controls. The tricky part is the same button makes one ball go left and the other right and vice-versa.

Infinity field - well it's about dodging a bunch of stuff and squeazzing into a really tight area except it's a dual stick shooting game with hundreds of enimies flying at u that u have to either shoot down or eliminate in some other way.

Bag it - it also focuses on fitting things in to a tight space. In this game ur putting items in a grocery bag so putting the eggs at the bottom isn't a good idea. This game take alot of work figuring out how exactly put what item in at what time but that's the fun of it.

And that's all my recommendations....( and I also recomend theese games to anyone as there some of the best I've played.

Speaking of which Waking Mars is fantastic an exploratory adventure with stunnig visuals and smooth gameplay. This game may be a goty contender... I don't want to spoil anything but I do reccommed it.

Aaaaaa on the other hand I found a bit of a let down for 2.99. It's bassicly just falling and tilting to avoid stuff... I'd wait for a price drop

Ok that's all of my recommendations now I need some suggestions on a few...

Should I get this tobe game? The one with the hookshot? It looks ok I guess but after purchasing so many games that I feel didn't live up I'm a bit concerned on what to get. Munch time, Lttle acorns, paper monsters, the hacker, lume all games I regret purchasing or didnt live up to what I wanted.

So I need suggestions on that game (tobe and friends I guess?)
    Gridrunner
    Kale in Dinoland
    Nosferatu
    Zombie granny

I'd say gridrunner and Nosferatu maybe are the ones I'm most sure about getting while the others I need some convincing..

As for older games....

Modern combat 3
    Junk Jack
    War of Eustrath
    Fall of angels
    FFT
    Crimson gem saga

All games with big price tags that I never get around to playing, so I guess going on a 20$ price tag I've got all of the above to consider I'm thinking maybe two or three from the new section with MC3 and or fall of angels. Or CGS with MC3 or some new games. Junk jack maybe I dunno... I'm really not sure and need some advice...

Thanks

14. iVaro

iVaro Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    Out of this week's releases and with $7 to spend what should I buy?

15. Darth Ronfar

Darth Ronfar Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    Animal related
    LA
    I'd go with waking Mars and Fancy Pants or Gridrunner.

16. diffusion8r

diffusion8r Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Termina
    Best games for iPhone 4S?

Over the past few months I haven't been on TA as much as I have been, and while I've picked up some games liek Beat Sneak Bandit I haven't really been that involved with iOS.

So my question is: since the iPhone 4S' launch, have there been any games that have been particularly great and/or are iPhone 4S exclusive or take advantage of its features prominently? Price doesn't matter as I essentially have unlimited iTunes credit. :)

THANKS!

17. macthedog11

macthedog11 Active Member

Nov 3, 2011
    South Carolina
    Not sure about the others, but Junk Jack is one of my personal favorite iOS games of all time. I pored hours into that game. It does have a steep learning curve, but once you get past that, it's amazing.

18. emaddox

emaddox Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2011
    Male
    I know Mahjong is Mahjong.... but does anyone have a particular Mahjong game for the iPhone that they like more than the others that they can recommend?

Thanks!

19. knoids

knoids Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2011
    School
    Seattle WA (USA)
    What is the best Orange Pixel platformer? Is it Meganoid, Stardash, Inc, or another Orange Pixel platformer that I don't know about.

20. Neehan

Neehan Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    They are all good but I'd rank them...
    1. INC
    2. Meganoid
    3. Stardash