Matchstick Memories (universal) $2.99 > FREE

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by mrbiggles, Sep 26, 2014.

1. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    As much as I love Touch Arcade, you don't need to wait for their approval of a game to buy it, if you prefer to have impressions there are some posted already here and on the games thread, but you could have hundreds telling you how great a game is but you still may not like it. It's personal opinion at the end of the day, and you could miss out on a lot of great titles if a reviewer happens to not like something.

Asking the dev if he's gonna make it free again is like saying his work is good enough to make you want it but not good enough to deserve your cash. I hope he isn't offended as I'm sure you didn't mean to come across as rude.

2. Annii

Annii Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2013
    The reviews on this thread and my fond memories of text adventures on the ZX Spectrum (showing my age) have made me buy this.

Sadly I've got to go to do the school run now

3. funem

funem Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2014
    There is probably video reviews or game play reviews on YouTube as well . more than enough information to make a decision. I usually buy one game a month amongst those others I buy that is getting good reviews but I don't know much about. This is my choice for that game this month. Found lots of unexpected gems that way.

4. CHBuckingham

CHBuckingham Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2014
    Northern California
    Thanks for the seriously high praise y'all. And wanting it for free is okay...as long as it would put you out to pay for it. ;-) We all have to care about our money some of the time.

v1.12 has released to the app store, please be sure to update to it if you are running iOS8.

5. sinagog

sinagog Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2014
    Free again!

6. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    #26 L.Lawliet, Nov 9, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2014
    Just curious, I don't know how to play minesweeper and I'm terrible with numbers. Would I be a bad fit for this game? It actually looks a lot like minesweeper.

Btw according to the description, the game is a free to play (early levels) with an IAP unlock. So it's actually a "free" game now. You can try it before you buy it.

7. MasonHurst

MasonHurst Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2013
    I never played minesweeper either growing up so while I understand the theory of it and can usually handle it... But I suck at it in this game. Still the game will take you down a different path if you manage to blow yourself up too many times so all is not lost.

It's a nice mashup of tile games... Kudos to the Dev and I wish it had gotten better exposure. I certainly missed it the first time around.

8. CHBuckingham

CHBuckingham Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2014
    Northern California
    The minesweeper game is 1 of the types of games, though it's actually the least frequently appearing one. The "matchboxes" lets you cheat a bit at the games you aren't as good at, so most folks who are confused by minesweeper just spend all their fragments on the minesweeper memories.

Thanks again for the high praise. Maybe the new free to play model will help with exposure.