Matmi to release Monster Pinball

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Matmi, May 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Matmi

Matmi Well-Known Member

May 14, 2009
    Creative Director
    Manchester
    Thanks for the write up.

Just working out who to send the promo codes to ;)

2. dogmeat

dogmeat Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Information Security Engineer
    San Francisco, CA
    Habakuk is a good candidate, but I'll let him speak for himself. He's also a pinball monster!

3. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    Yes, thanks Habakuk!! It's frustrating being stuck at work all day and not being able to check out the vid!

And I second Habakuk for some promo code action, he's very knowledgable of all things pinball and can write really in-depth reviews. He is my pinball role model!

But, let's not forget that Dogmeat started the "Pinball MEGA Thread" and the "Pinball Player's Club" social group, so he is a great ambassador as well :D

Either way it doesn't matter, I think we were all going to get this game day one anyway since it's first announcment :)

4. Matmi

Matmi Well-Known Member

May 14, 2009
    Creative Director
    Manchester

Looks like habakuk will be getting a promo code. Thanks for your help everyone. Just got the highest score ever. I wonder if anyone will beat me.

Had some feedback from apple, so they must be reviewing now.

5. gscal

gscal Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2009
    SF Bay Area
    What's your favorite table? The Bowl looks the coolest to me right now. But what exactly is the effect of the "bowl" on the ball?

6. FilthyCanadian

FilthyCanadian Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    Ontario Canada
    What do you mean feedback from apple?

7. Rocketman919

Rocketman919 Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Cali-forn-i-a
    This game looks pretty awesome. I think that Wild West has spoiled any other pinball game for me now though, because any one I see with a static table just seems a little boring. I like the whole jumpy action of the camera on that game. This looks good too though, it looks very action packed.

8. dogmeat

Apr 6, 2009
    San Francisco, CA
    With promo codes, do they only work once the game is in the appstore or before as well?

Also, whats your score? So I know what I'm aiming to beat ;)

9. FilthyCanadian

FilthyCanadian Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    Ontario Canada

They work once the game is approved.

Don't ask how I know this, seeing as I can't even use promo codes.:rolleyes:

10. powersurge

powersurge Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Pensacola, FL
    It doesn't look like it from the original post but will this support landscape play?

11. Habakuk

Habakuk Well-Known Member

Oh thank you very much in advance (and all the others who voted for me). But I am not sure if the promo code thingy works outside U.S. Anyway you'll get my review here, in my blog and iTunes when the game will be published.

You're welcome, Matmi. Monster Pinball seems to be a very cute and fantastic game with a high humour factor. You deserve thanks for it and I wish you lots of excited customers.

Pinballs are my favorited game genre and I am very glad to see that they can work perfectly (if well done) on our beloved iDevices. Arcade rulez.

Just tremble... The concentrated power of the tA pinball gang should not be underestimated... ;)

12. Matmi

Matmi Well-Known Member

May 14, 2009
    Creative Director
    Manchester
    The bowl is brilliant. If you moving slow you roll into the bowl. Crazy gravity. There are lots of hidden goals in this level.

I guess my favourite table is Hogie Feed or Bindy Spin but I do love Head Banger as well.

Head banger and Bindy Spin are really difficuly levels, I cannot last long on those tables.

I got the highest score out of our whole team last night. Got a feeling when Monster Pinball is released my score will be thrashed by you lot ;)

13. Matmi

Matmi Well-Known Member

May 14, 2009
    Creative Director
    Manchester
    We had to make a quick change the online scoreboard to keep them happy.

14. Matmi

Matmi Well-Known Member

May 14, 2009
    Creative Director
    Manchester
    We thought about making the camera move but the fact is that the ball just moves too fast. The game is 60fps, the camera could never catch up, it would be impossible to play.

We designed the game so that each one on the 6 tables fits in perfectly with the screen. Landscape play would simply not work.

Monster Pinball is fast and furious and very addictive.

15. Habakuk

Habakuk Well-Known Member

All of that sounds really great, Matmi. Mmmh... Crazy gravity, hidden goals!

:eek: Did you make use of too many F Words? ;)

Come on,  Apple , click "approved"!

No. Take the time that it needs to bring us another perfect pinball game.

16. Matmi

Matmi Well-Known Member

May 14, 2009
    Creative Director
    Manchester
    Youtube video

The new video has been filmed, we are just editing at the moment.
    It is much better quality

Will upload to Youtube in a bit.

Keep your eyes peeled.

(Hurry up Apple)

17. dogmeat

Apr 6, 2009
    San Francisco, CA
    Awesome! I can't wait to review this one, although with all the tables and whatnot, I have a feeling it will take me a full week of playing to get a good review out of it.

With most of the pinball games I've reviewed, it takes a few days to really get a feel of the tables.

18. VoodooVyper

VoodooVyper Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2009
    Looks like a great addition to the Pinball genre. Hopefully it lives up to expectations. If you are still handing out review codes, I'd love to review it once it comes out.

19. dogmeat

Apr 6, 2009
    San Francisco, CA
    Hey VoodooVyper, if you're into pinball, really into pinball, you should join our players club :)

20. Mr. Charley

Mr. Charley Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2008
    Well, you got front page action on Touch Arcade.
    That should help build the hype!!!!! :)