Universal Maximus - the Sword of Dawn (by Mooff Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by S-Mario, Jun 8, 2013.

1. RichRuzz

RichRuzz Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2012
    Which character would you guys suggest? I been using the Outlaw and all the talk of you guys is making me feel gimpy. ;(

2. Orangelee

Orangelee New Member

Jun 14, 2013
    I would strongly recommend Frank because he is strong and powerful :)

3. Firefly0704

Firefly0704 Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2012
    I use Alyssa, and she's excellent. High health (defense) and medium attack, plus a built in heal (nova). I can tank a lot of damage before dying. Also, at lvl 22, her magic nova stuns enemies until they take damage or after something like 8-10 seconds. I definitely recommend using her after unlocking her.

4. LCDDreams

LCDDreams Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2011
    Game Designer
    San Jose, CA
    I think I found some bugs with the arenas. First the Feasting Pit says I need to have beaten stage 9 to play it, but I'm on stage 11. Second, in the Survival Arena, there are times when beating bosses doesn't release any loot. If that's a design decision, seems odd.

Also, I found stage 10 to be seriously difficult because of all the environmental hazards. The only way I was able to pass it was by getting the bear mount and pile driving everything (which was pretty funny doing to the boss).

5. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    This was mentioned earlier in the thread. Turns out it's stage 9 of the second difficulty level.

6. Darth Ronfar

Darth Ronfar Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    Animal related
    LA
    Hey did they steal the music from Dungeon Plunder? Or is it just like available? It's the music in the Boss vs. Boss wager stage...

I'm pretty sure I remember Dominic saying he had someone do the music for DP? I may be wrong... I dunno

7. LCDDreams

LCDDreams Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2011
    Game Designer
    San Jose, CA
    Ah ok. I looked a couple pages back but didn't see anything. So to get to the 2nd difficulty, do you need to finish all stages once over first, and the second time around is more difficult?

8. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    Yes. You have to beat the standard difficulty once to unlock hard mode and play through again. You will unlock it for all characters though, so you can skip right to hard with the others.

9. kwokx@hotmail.com

[email protected] Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2011
    @Richruzz - Bishop feels weaker at first but gets really powerful once his multiple decoys get more skillful, he also gets poisonous homing arrows which helps a lot, especially in boss fights.

Of all the characters, he was the one that was overpowered and we had to nerf the damage of his skills. He might still be one of the best but I need to play out all characters to find out how they measure up. Alyssa used to be the worst but we balanced her thongs better.

10. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    How do you sell weapons?

Pets, armor and rings drop or just from slot machine? So far I've found like 6-7 weapons and nothing else.

11. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    To sell an item go to the third tab (between skills and the slot machine), select and item, tap sell in the lower left. Everything drops. I finally even got a pet drop. It's a Monkey, but it looks like a koala bear :confused:

12. Firefly0704

Dec 19, 2012
    You have to get 2 or 3 of a kind in the slot machine to win something. 2 gets you a weapon or gear at the "level" you are, ie. at the beginning you get regular, then as you progress it goes to blue, green, purple and then gold. 3 gets you a weapon or gear at one "level" higher than what you are on, up to gold. Getting xp gives you exp (obviously). Getting 2 gems gives you 2.5 times the amount of gold spent, ie. 700 -> 1750. Getting 3 gems gives you 24 times the amount spent, so that 700 pays out 16.8k gold. After 6 or 7 stages and after each game clear the price to spin goes up once, as does the gear "level" and is specific to that character only. Also, all pets are gold so they have no "level" and they all can be won at any stage in the game.

13. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Lol I got a pet drop on my second time I played a level :) on the other hand I've only had 3 weapons,

14. Stayfitla

Stayfitla Active Member

Jan 20, 2012
    Student
    Phoenix, AZ
    Just got the Blossom pet this morning in Gamer Mode.... and she is awesome! Projectiles that go through the enemy AND you regenerate health? Bananas! .. the regeneration could be a tad faster tho...

15. Alister

Alister Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2012
    Philippines
    #95 Alister, Jun 15, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2013
    So far I got two pets,blossom and the owl..I prefer blossom though because she can heal you..

16. dancingcat

dancingcat Active Member

Jan 14, 2012
    Singapore
    I like the pet "blob", he keeps revolving around you like a shield

17. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    I have Monkey and Gold Clucker. Gold Clucker does a normal attack once in a while. Not very relevant, but its something. Monkey just flies around and occassionally gets a look like he is constipated, but nothing seems to happen.

18. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    He should be causing little AOE damage avalanches around himself.

19. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    Ah...it was the delay that was fooling me, I see em now. Rather unimpressive.

I just got a third pet, Wormuloid, which seems much like the Golden Clucker, a random attack now and then. However, Wormuloid sometimes seems to crit or have a higher damage attack? Not sure yet, but seems a bit better than Golden Clucker.

20. Firefly0704

Dec 19, 2012
    Personally, I prefer to use the wormuloid, as it does a pretty high amount of damage, or the burger which heals you every now and then. Only thing I don't like about the burger is that it is a fairly long time in between heals.