Universal Maximus - the Sword of Dawn (by Mooff Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by S-Mario, Jun 8, 2013.

1. Retro Nug

Retro Nug Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    The Netherworld
    #141 Retro Nug, Jun 30, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2013
    That's funny cuz I also felt like my guy was running around faster than he did in the beginning sometimes.

And the Maximus sword gives +2 to all stats except luck. I think it's the best weapon (at least for Julius).

2. shodanng

shodanng Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2009
    Luck ability increase both critical hit rate and treasure drop rate, so for new player should upgrade luck for every character.:)

3. Firefly0704

Firefly0704 Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2012
    I ran a few levels with high speed items (dragon blaze, razor, flash armor) and speed DOES mean attack speed, as I was striking at insane speed, but for low damage. I think the move speed increase is also tied to speed stat, but as a side effect, ie speed increases with every 2 or 3 points of speed stat increase.

4. TigerPrezX

TigerPrezX Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2012
    Gamer down with Alyssa and Bishop. I'm debating whether or not I want to grind both of them from level 18 to 22 though. On one hand, kind of had enough. On the other, I really want to see those final skills.

5. shodanng

Apr 2, 2009
    Alyssa is very good for fighting boss because her magic Nova can heal and attack at the same time.:D

6. shodanng

Apr 2, 2009
    My Alyssa has no any armor before Gamer's The Black Sea level.
    Then I played Gamer's The Black Sea level a few times, I got Tuxedo and Flash Armor. :p

She in Lv 21 beat Gamer's story and in Lv 22 beat Scar.:D
    Just beat Scar once give me both Dragonblaze and Scratch.:eek:
    Maybe the reason is her Luck ability is high.:)

7. TigerPrezX

Aug 1, 2012
    Yeah, Alyssa makes Scar really easy. I don't really have a hard time beating him without continues now. I just wish I could share those prizes with the other characters.

8. Biggavelli

Biggavelli Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2011
    Boston,MA
    Update Alert

Several crash bugs, memory issues fixed.

Added bonus for players who beat the game.

Smoother combo A+B buttons.

Difficulty balance on stages 10 & 14.

Julius Awestrike buffed up w/ damage over.

9. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    ^Wasnt expecting an update, so this makes it more awesome... but even without the update, THIS IS ONE OF MY FAVORITE BEAT EM UPS ON IOS.

10. Zhang Doe

Zhang Doe Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2013
    The floatiness of the characters took a little bit to get used to, but now I'm totally addicted. This will never leave my iPhone.

Quick question: Is there a bestiary somewhere with a list of what each pet does? Still can't figure out what the Hamburger does.

11. Firefly0704

Dec 19, 2012
    The hamburger heals you every 4 or 5 seconds for about 2/3 what the food does. All other pets deal damage, each in their own way. The only exception is blossom who heals and deals damage.

12. Rain1dog

Rain1dog Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2010
    I love these guys!!! Great group of games, this and toon shooters!!! Toon shooters was so freaking awesome! Great work guys!

13. TigerPrezX

Aug 1, 2012
    To be honest, aside from Scratch, the pets barely do anything. Blossom quick firing rate is nice just to interrupt Bearwolf's grab, but the healing is far too low to be noticeable. Only Scratch really deals a noticeable amount of damage.

14. Firefly0704

Dec 19, 2012
    Honestly, if I want damage I use the wormuloid. If I want healing I use the burger.
    From what I've seen, scratch has a good attack rate, but doesn't do the most damage per hit.

15. RichardC

RichardC Active Member

Mar 12, 2011
    Anyone else having trouble buying coin doubler? I have tried both wireless and 4G and both times get an error trying to load the network.

Thanks

16. ypai1217

ypai1217 Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2013
    Yeah , I'm getting the same error.. I can buy the coin packs but not the coin doubler.

17. S-Mario

S-Mario Well-Known Member

May 19, 2013
    Male
    Game Maker
    Hong Kong
    Doh... made a typo in the code for the doubler... fixed now for review, silly mistake on our part :(

18. ypai1217

ypai1217 Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2013
    Cool .. Thanks !

19. kioshi

kioshi Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2011
    Brazil
    Dungeon Plunder.

20. kioshi

kioshi Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2011
    Brazil
    I bought the doubler but it doesn't show as 'bought' and I'm unsure if if sticks when I change stages or character. I can buy it again and it shows I already paid so I can get it for free, like it wasn't installed before.