Universal Mech Pilot - (by Rocking Pocket Games) Universal

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by RPGGuy, Sep 26, 2012.

1. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Thanks. Too bad though, as i really wanted to like this game but the current control scheme is too flawed for what the game wants to be: A good game.

2. RPGGuy

RPGGuy Well-Known Member

Sep 3, 2008
    #142 RPGGuy, Jun 10, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2013
    I do plan on adding iCade (and coco controller) support in the future.

The controls are dumbed down for touchscreens and you only really need one virtual stick to aim. I don't think there is anything wrong with the controls. If you don't like virtual sticks go out and buy something like Fling (which the game was designed to support).

Every game I've ever released with virtual sticks people have complained about the controls and after several years of hearing the same thing I'm now ignoring those people :)

3. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Did it ever occur to you that all those people who complained about virtual sticks maybe right?

Several years of hearing the same complaint and you did nothing but ignore them.

Well... Good luck with that.

4. RPGGuy

RPGGuy Well-Known Member

Sep 3, 2008
    #144 RPGGuy, Jun 10, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2013
    As a developer you can't please everybody 100% of the time. I'd rather stick to my vision since the controls have been tweaked and play tested for over a year.

So you're saying no game should have virtual sticks? You're right and everyone else who likes them is wrong? This is why I don't listen. I have no problem playing games with them and if a game needs those controls I will put them in my own. I'm not here to debate about that. I justed wanted to announce the lite version!

5. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I guess there's no point in talking with you since you already closed your mind in having another control OPTION.

But i gotta say your words give away your being defensive on the matter.

6. RPGGuy

RPGGuy Well-Known Member

Sep 3, 2008
    The next version has been submitted with iCade support. Using it with the iCade core makes the experience pretty fun!

7. masvil

masvil Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2011
    Well done, I'll buy it for sure.

8. Spudboy

Spudboy Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    I've played the game on and off for over a year. Any chance you can make it easier? I only last a few minutes before getting destroyed.

9. RPGGuy

RPGGuy Well-Known Member

Sep 3, 2008
    You need to upgrade your mech's health from the upgrade menu to last longer. You will die and won't be able to finish levels until you level up. It is like Dark Souls with mechs.