Medal of honour coming to iPhone

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Aussie2, Jun 19, 2010.

1. Vinyl Darhma

Vinyl Darhma Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2010
    I think its safe to say that because this is EA were dealing with here (and based off of previous games they have announced, namely NFSU and Mirror's Edge) this won't come out until 8 months after they announce it.

2. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
  3. h0130j03

h0130j03 Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    That's true

4. Vinyl Darhma

Vinyl Darhma Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2010
    @Arta...to me it seems as though MOH is a little to cartoony if you know what I mean. The hand gun in that vid looks like shit. MW2 looks amazing, the guns all look pretty damn real. And the characters look pretty real as well. Well more so than in MOH. MW2 kicks MOH ass hands down, but I still feel like giving MOH a shot. Hopefully theres less bugs in online than with MW2.

5. Aussie2

Aussie2 Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2010
    OK admitedly EA would have to do something special to get 8+ players on 1st gen devices but I think it's possible with 2nd gen upwards. It's EA remember, as far as I know, no large company has made a full FPS so we don't know what they could achieve yet. EA could pour loads of money into servers with more players and then pour more money to reduce lag and smoothen gameplay.

Also has anyone seen archetype? That has 5v5 multiplayer. Only available in Czech store right now though. Really want to try it and see how well it plays

6. Obscure

Obscure Well-Known Member

May 2, 2010
    Australia
    This'll be awesome if its still coming out. Hopefully it'll be better than the war type games that Gameloft has done.

7. altair77

altair77 Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2009
    Greece,Athens
    i dont agree with you MOH looks A LOT like bfbc2 witch is an awesome game and it kicks MW2 ass faaaaar away in everything guns controlls and all its just more realistic and so is MOH it isnt cartoony,MW2 its tooo eem well, game,its just dont make you feel like you are in there if you know what i mean character hold a gun that almost never moves when he walk or do things and i mean moves i mean to real move not some cm up and down believe me i have both bfbc2 and MW2 (and soon MOH :D) and it kicks MW2 ass i play MW2 only cause my pc sucks too much too play bfbc2 lol i am talking about bfbc2 cause as it looks from gameplays it will almost the same i mean the graphics engine but they will make it more like a cod or moh game instead of a battlfield game

8. Johno

Johno Well-Known Member

May 29, 2009
    Pennsylvania
    One of the hardest things to read I've ever seen. All without a single period. Anyways, I'll be playing the beta on 360 this week so we'll see how it goes. As it is it looks better than MW2 (shit) and BC2 (awesome).

9. spidey146

spidey146 Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2009
    I really hope this game comes to the iPhone, and if it does I hope EA handles it well.

A little off-topic but does anyone else think the cover art looks a little...odd?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. dumaz1000

dumaz1000 Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2010
    That's an awful lot of effort for a company that already has massive amounts of profit from their various console efforts coming out of their ears. I guess my question is:

What would be EA's incentive to do this? What exactly are they getting out of this whole deal? Not nearly enough, if you ask me.

11. iPhondTouch3G

iPhondTouch3G Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2009
    I sure hope the demands are too high. even Apple is discontinuing support for 1st gen devices. Developers better end support too. There are way more 2nd and 3rd gen device owners than 1st gen owners.

There better be optimization (OpenGL 2.0) for 3rd and 4th gen devices too.

12. italodance

italodance Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2009
    electrical
    Tehran-Iran
    hey i am agree too this game must be only for 3gs and new 4

13. kugi_igi

kugi_igi Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2009
    Punturin
    i know that would be good for iGaming but i don't think that will happen this point of time
    yes apple stop to support first gen iPhones and iPT but iPhone 3g and IPT2g is almost the same in terms of power,i'm sure there are more older device owener than 3rd gen owners
    and devs make games to earn money and more customers more chance of winning :p
    my opinion is not because i'm one of those ancient users :D

14. Obscure

Obscure Well-Known Member

May 2, 2010
    Australia
    Yeah, but it is a risk on their part and ultimately it's not very likely that there going to take it. I hope they do, but honestly.

15. altair77

altair77 Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2009
    Greece,Athens
    yea me too but they will propably make it for 3g and itouch 2g :( lets hope it will settings for awesome graphics on 3gs and super super awesome on iphone 4 :D:D:D

16. WunDaii

WunDaii Well-Known Member

The iPod touch 1G and 2nd Gen and iPhone 3G are basically the same in terms of processing games and such. If they stop supporting them, they'd lose a huge amount of sales.

17. SJP99

SJP99 Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2010
    Ipod Touch game player person like thing????
    11th dimension
    True. they should make one version for older devices. and an optimized version for the 3rd and 4rth generation.

18. WunDaii

WunDaii Well-Known Member

That's a better idea than just excluding the older devices overall. :)

19. radchad1

radchad1 Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2008
    Accountant
    Lake Zurich, Illinois
    That makes no sense at all. So make the game for older devices so those owners can complain the game crashes every second and they can't play and the game it gets 1 star reviews. Older gen hardware cannot handle something like Medal of Honor where the screen will have bullets flying in the air and a lot of activity on the battlefield.

20. LBG

LBG SeƱor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    Did you even read what was said?
    SJP99 suggested that they should make one app with basic graphics for the older devices and one app with more advanced graphics for newer devices. That makes perfect sense, and all WunDaii did was agree with it.