Medal of honour coming to iPhone

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Aussie2, Jun 19, 2010.

1. WunDaii

WunDaii Well-Known Member

Oh my, please read posts before you go ahead in an arrogant manner. :) I agreed with SJP99, like LBG has pointed out, to make one game with a few cut features for the older devices; then one for the newer ones.

2. Mondae

Mondae Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2010
    Perv, why do you care?
    Then people will be like "the newer devices have better graphics... :mad::mad::mad: This game is (poop emojis). Don't buy from the developers. Why don't we have the same version. Craptivision!!!!! (50 lines of poop emojis))"

3. WunDaii

That's a fair point. Hmmm... got me thinking there. ;)

Perhaps they could state that they've slimmed it down due to the lack of hardware support? We'll just have to see. Odds are, it'll only support the iPod touch 2G - 3G and iPhone 3G - 3G;S leaving out the iPhone 2G and iPod touch 1G (despite being literally the same).

4. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

the fact is guys, two versions would take more work. adapting is more programming. big companies try to do the cheapest and most profitable way- A.K.A. the gameloft way.

5. iPhondTouch3G

iPhondTouch3G Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2009
    The problem is, that if developers continue to support 1st and 2nd gen devices, iGaming will NEVER evolve.

Thats like having a PS1 a PS2 and PS3 out but all the game look like PS1 games.

For the benefit of the platform itself, it's better to support only 3GS/iPod 3G 32/64 GB and iphone 4 devices.

6. Gsmokey

Gsmokey Well-Known Member

May 19, 2010
    It's like this I have almost all devices iPhone 2g,3g,3gs,and iPod touch 2g and have pop warrior within on all and surprisingly it even runs well on the 2g iPhone which is the the only one jailbroken I'm sure if this is the medal of honor from ps1 if I'm right then they will make sure that a console game port will get alot support and work put Into it especially now the iPhone4 is coming ,also it comes down to price of the game and how much people are willing to pay for that game on the idevice no matter what the name of the game may be ,I doubt a game would pass the 12.99$ price range for now because once apple gets into the 14.99-24.99$ price range for a game it would be like buying a game for a psp or 3Ds or a used ps3 or 360 game so the gameplay graphics and quality would have to match ,but Im sure soon that will be possible look how far the idevice and the AppStore have gone with gaming in just 2and half years ,from what I've seen and heard about this iPhone4 it should be able to handle almost any ps1andps2 game if ported and I was at WWDC and E3 so I know what I'm talking about

7. dumaz1000

dumaz1000 Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2010
    The problem is that if we, as iDevice consumers, are unwilling to pay more than 4.99 on average or we consistantly refuse to go above the standard 9.99 premium, iGaming will NEVER evolve.

Trust me when I say that profit margins are far bigger of an issue here than a fractured marketplace.

8. Mondae

Mondae Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2010
    Perv, why do you care?
    Like the average App Store /consumer reads the description.

9. WunDaii

Yes, I bet they would. Not everybody here are the only people who buy application, the members here are just a small minority of how many consumers there really are.

If they join this forum, there's a chance that they'd go right to the screenshots and base their judgement on previews, but if they don't (LOTS of people), then they would take care in reading what the game is about before spending $6.99 or $9.99.

10. SJP99

SJP99 Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2010
    Ipod Touch game player person like thing????
    11th dimension
    as a gaming device, i think iphone and ipod touches are starting to become too fragmented. every year a new one comes and devs cant take advantage of the new hardware because more people have the older ones. but it means more sales for apple because alot of people go with the hype and buy the latest one.....i could go on and on. sigh...i feel that games will never take advantage of the latest hardware. by the time devs start using opengl 2.0 the iphone will be as powerful as a ps3

11. iPhondTouch3G

iPhondTouch3G Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2009
    Lol the PS3 uses OpenGL ES 2.0 just like 3rd gen devices, but it has tons more horsepower to push more pixels at higher FPS than the iPhone.

12. Adeeb246

Adeeb246 Well-Known Member

Mar 8, 2010
    Canada
    Sooo...any news on this game?

13. altair77

altair77 Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2009
    Greece,Athens
    EA just released bad company 2 on iPhone so MOH isn't coming,let's hope at 2011 EA will make MOH or battlefield for iPhone

14. Zinle

Zinle Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2010
    Medal of Honor is not coming out. Battlefield is Bad Company 2 on the iphone..

15. Adeeb246

Adeeb246 Well-Known Member

Mar 8, 2010
    Canada
    I hope so...I guess we can look forward to Dead Space then

16. triggywiggy

triggywiggy Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Freelance writer, Student, Casually employed in re
    Perth, Western Australia
    i was listning to Pocket Gamer and they said that it was coming a few moths after BBC2

17. g-unit-14

g-unit-14 Well-Known Member

May 11, 2010
    Sooo many gooood games on iPhone now and now Medal of Honor i think next will be CALL OF DUTY for sure

18. bmdino

bmdino Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Didn't you read Activison's statement?

19. g-unit-14

g-unit-14 Well-Known Member

May 11, 2010
    Noo i didnt WHY?? And what statement

20. vbxz47

vbxz47 Well-Known Member

May 28, 2009
    Ohio
    Activision, the bitches, said they would not take the iPhone as a serious gaming platform and would continue to make shit games instead.