Medal of honour coming to iPhone

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Aussie2, Jun 19, 2010.

1. dumaz1000

dumaz1000 Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2010
    Activision believes their best material is worth more than the average iDevice owner has shown, at least in the past, a willingness to pay. It's as simple as that. Activision may believe that a fully-developed, full-fledged Medal of Honor iDevice game, if it consisted of both a campaign mode, as well as some sort of indepth multiplayer, would be worth $20 or $30. Generally speaking, people have shown an unwillingness to pay more than $7. Often times, they will balk at having to pay more than $5. Very few iDevice owners will pay $10 or more for a game. It's hard to imagine how many iOS gamers would be willing to pay $20 for a game. Some would. But not many. That is the assumption that developers/publishes like Activision operate from. Whether it's actually true or not, companies certainly believe that it's true. Perception has become reality here, if nothing else.

2. Adeeb246

Adeeb246 Well-Known Member

Mar 8, 2010
    Canada
    funny thing is...they'd still make a ton of money even with the game being $5
    I mean, there are milllllions of iOS devices out there (and its growing everyday). I think Activision is being just a little too greedy if you ask me. They still make a ton of money with their console games, so why not have a small team dedicated to developing awesome iOS games.

3. g-unit-14

g-unit-14 Well-Known Member

May 11, 2010
    Exactly they could start making COD for iphone i will pay even £ 20 or $ i dont mind if its good quality game... why people dont want to pay like £ 20 for game i dont understand iPhone is better than PSP now and you have games for psp that cost £ 35 and more so this doesnt matter iPhone is Good Portable Console

4. vbxz47

vbxz47 Well-Known Member

May 28, 2009
    Ohio
    True, the iPhone is getting up there. It's only a matter of generations in my opinion, till we see these full fledged games.

Anyway, EA did a great Jon with BC2. I most likely will get this but want to see a little more enhanced graphics and a little more tightness on controls.

5. K?!

K?! Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2010
    alea iacta est
    I love how no one ever listens to Dumaz1000. just because you would pay x dollars for a game, doesn't mean the average consumer would. And if you need more proof, look at Battlefield Bad Company and NOVA 2 or MC2. Gamelofts offerings have longer, less repetitive campaigns, much better multiplayer, and better graphics. But BFBC2 sits on the top of the charts because people can't pay an extra five bucks while sipping their $6.99 venti chocolate hot water espresso.

6. jasonc506

jasonc506 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2010
    #66 jasonc506, Dec 23, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2010
    Gameloft games tend to keep selling pretty well though for a long time, Battlefield will drop down quickly and will never be seen again. Part of the problem with starting low is no sales, so its hard to boost sales. Also Battlefield has a huge following so it may have sold great at $5-$7.

7. Adeeb246

Mar 8, 2010
    Canada
    you also know that Battlefield will increase in price soon right? The .99 price is just a sale price they have for the holidays. Every company puts on sales every now and then to gain popularity and sales.
    But tell me...how much money did Infinity Blade make at a 5.99 starting price within a week? Millions! and they still remain on the top of the charts. So its more then just about price...Im sure anyone would be willing to spend 6.99 on a game, but it matters on what the game will offer. If Activision can bring a decent quality game, they would make a lot of money (even with a 5.99 price)

8. Stirolak26

Stirolak26 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2010
    Well according to real gamers, namely da and pspowners, no matter how good the gamenis itnsill always suck just csuse it doesnt have buttona and thus not worth to pay as much as a ds or psp game.

9. Stirolak26

Sep 19, 2010
    But how much do they pay for ebooks?

10. dumaz1000

dumaz1000 Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2010
    #70 dumaz1000, Dec 24, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2010
    Hey, you can ignore the pink elephant in the room all you want. That doesn't mean that it will go away. It's not going away, whether you ignore it or not. There is a reason why Activision has released 4 full-featured Call Of Duty games for the DS and 0 full-featured COD games for the iDevice. Because those COD games retailed for $39.99 a piece when they first debuted on the DS.

It took 2 million dollars for Firemint to develop Real Racing 2, which is why they are selling it for 9.99. What if it took 4 million dollars to seriously develop an iDevice exclusive COD or Medal of Honor? what then? Battlefield for the iDevice is a half-assed, half-baked, quick & dirty port. Most people seem to want something more than that though.

11. iPhondTouch3G

iPhondTouch3G Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2009
    Huh? Port? It's a completely different game with "Bad Company 2" suck on the cover for advertising. IF a port at all, it's like 1 mission from the console version with half the features removed. More of a demo of a demo ported crappily.

12. altair77

altair77 Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2009
    Greece,Athens
    seriously?what you was expecting?destructible enviroments?bullet drops?ofcourse it could have been MUCH MUCH better then now(at least for the iphone 4),but hey it isnt that bad,i prefer it more the MC2,although they f*cked up multiplayer with only 4players but it is its first try from EA to make an FPS to iphone am pretty sure their next one will blow cause bc2 got many sells its on top 25 games so they will actually try much more (well at least i hope)for their next FPS

13. Stirolak26

Sep 19, 2010
    But Dont the ds versions suck? And how would activision make the controls fluid? Theyd have to make them ipad exclusive since many ipad owners have a stylus for sketchbook pro.

14. han0007

han0007 Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2009
    First Officer Qantas.
    Melbourne, Australia
    #74 han0007, Dec 25, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2010
    This aint coming imo

15. ShadowsFall

ShadowsFall Well-Known Member

May 15, 2009
    Summer job soon
    TA 09'
    I'm pretty sure it's coming, due to the heavily epic $0.99 sales going on from EA. They might also bump up the graphics too and BC2 is one of their first FPS games on the iPhone..?

16. K?!

K?! Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2010
    alea iacta est
    And EA wil keep making awful games like this due to all the success it had.

why on earth do you like this more than MC2? MC2 has a solid 30 FPS vs Battlefield's 20-ish, vastly more detailed textures, and much higher polygon counts. Not to mention more lighting and shading along with an extra six players in multiplayer. Oh, and better controls plus more varied and interesting gameplay. And why would EA put any more effort into their next game? BFBC2 is about equal with NOVA 2 in the charts, but NOVA cost vastly more to develop. Wouldn't EA just make more games like Battlefield?

I am 99% percent certain you are kijib's alt account.

17. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

It's also because the ds versions of the game aren't made by activision... They're made by N-space which is a company owned by nintendo (they made geist on gamecube).

18. WunDaii

WunDaii Well-Known Member

If they're successful with this method, why would they stop?

19. K?!

K?! Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2010
    alea iacta est
    Yes, thhats what Im saying. EA is seeing success with crappy $1 gAmes. And gameloft is seeing equal success with higher quality games, but gameloft spent much more on development.

20. Adeeb246

Mar 8, 2010
    Canada
    ok since this game is obviously not coming, can someone just close it already? If people wanna talk about activision or EA just open up another thread under a different category please.