Universal Medieval Monsters (By Jonathan Port)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by comingTouch.com, Jun 29, 2015.

1. four5six.pixel

four5six.pixel Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2015
    Software Dev
    UK
    Submitted to AppStore

This fix came together very quickly and I think will satisfy what you guys have been telling me. The new touch-pad control gives you super tight control over the character.

When the update hits the store (which is up to the Apple gods:))...

If you have already downloaded this app, then you'll need to go in to the control options to select the new controls
    If you are yet to download the game (what are you waiting for :p ), then this will be the new default control option.

@rezn Thanks for the positive feedback, it *really* means a lot to me as a single-person indie developer.

A bit cheeky....but if you enjoy this game I would really appreciate you guys adding a review on the app store or metacritic. It really does make a huge difference.

That's it for now...I'll post a quick "out now" message when the update hits to let you know.

#toucharcaderocks

2. Guise

Guise Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2009
    #22 Guise, Jul 5, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2015
    Just discovered this and was already interested. Now seeing the developer's responsiveness about the controls makes this a must for me.

Having not played the game yet, my uninformed opinion is that Game Center integration is always a plus (assuming this is sort of a high score arena battler). Maybe something to add down the road.

Anyway, can't wait to try this. Keep up the good work!

EDIT:
    Sorry, one more suggestion/request: audio options, where the music can be muted but effects kept. That would be awesome.

3. four5six.pixel

Jul 2, 2015
    Software Dev
    UK
    v1.1 Update

Hi everyone,
    Just to let you know that v1.1 of Medieval Monsters has now been approved by Apple and should be filtering through as an update for everyone in the next few hours - so keep an eye out on your app.

The update introduces a new d-pad style player control which you can set from the controls option on the main screen.

If you haven't downloaded the game yet because you were holding off for the controls update, then now is your time to dip in! The d-pad option will be the default control system for you guys.

Also in this update, there is also a small tweak to the way the monsters form on the screen - I've removed the effect of the monsters shooting down onto the screen because people found it a little distracting. I think removing this gives the game a slightly more consistent retro feel. Other than that a very minor visual fix to 2 of the main bosses.

How is everyone getting on with the game - have you guys unlocked any of the other characters yet?

Happy Monster Blasting!
    F5SP

4. four5six.pixel

Jul 2, 2015
    Software Dev
    UK
    Any of you guys had a chance to try the new controls yet? If so, then let me know how you are getting on with them.

Thanks! :)

5. Guise

Guise Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2009
    The new controls feel much more comfortable to me than the others. Great job!

6. four5six.pixel

Jul 2, 2015
    Software Dev
    UK
    Thanks Guise. Appreciate the feedback.

7. four5six.pixel

Jul 2, 2015
    Software Dev
    UK
  8. gust0208

gust0208 Member

Dec 14, 2011
    Man, I want to love this game, but the controls are breaking it for me. The new D pad option is an improvement, but still feel like I have little real control over my character. I am sure it just hasn't "clicked" for me yet, but definitely is preventing from enjoying the game.

9. four5six.pixel

Jul 2, 2015
    Software Dev
    UK
    Thanks for the feedback Gust.

The best controls to practice with are still the swipe method - you don't have to swipe over the top of the character, just quick jabbing swipes at the side of the screen in the direction you want to move. With this method, you will get a quicker movement and be able to beat the later levels of the game and unlock the other characters.

I take on board that it takes some practice until it clicks. I've worked really hard to get controls instantly accessible for my next game (see the Hyper Sentinel thread on "upcoming games")

Cheers!
    F5SP