iPad Mega Man X - (by Capcom)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Dec 20, 2011.

1. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    WOOHOO!!! So glad I've got this on my device! =oD

Very slowly buying back my childhood... could almost cry... =oD

2. Agas

Agas Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2011
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

MEGA MAN X is one of the nominees for Touch Arcade Game of the Week.

Do you like this IOS version of one of the best action games of all time?
    If you think MEGA MAN X deserves to be the winner of TAGOTW, give it your vote now!

[thread=117844]VOTE HERE[/thread]

3. Drexiel

Drexiel Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Commercial Diver
    Ponce, PR
    if only i could feel the same way towards this game :(

oh well maybe i can just keep playing it on my snes .-.

4. SuperSah

SuperSah Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    England, UK.
    How do you guys feel controlwise on the iPhone 4 platform or the iPod Touch 4G?

I specifically would like to know how the controls fare on the Touch 4G as Mega Man 2's idea of joy stick and two buttons (a) and (b) were not the smartest of ideas..

So, controlwise in general is it okay to handle?

5. Justgodude

Justgodude Well-Known Member

Nov 23, 2011
    New York
    I found the controls for Megaman 2 a bit better than Megaman X. I found the dash and wall climbing part a bit frustrating. Overall both games are good though.

6. Mr. Grizzly

Mr. Grizzly Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    There are iaps for some weapons and armour - can you unlock all of these through gameplay? I am one of those kind of people that are determined never to buy what I can unlock through gameplay (no matter how tough). Of course, I have no problem with purchasing iaps for extra content (characters, cars, levels, etc.) if the game is pretty good.

7. OmKol

OmKol Member

Oct 13, 2009
    Moscow, Russia
    Of course yes. And 80% of SNES guide work for iOS version except one or two very easy life ups in iOS version compared with SNES version.
    I complete this game. Still disappointed. I'm huge Mega Man fan but iOS version is very different and worse than SNES version.

8. DahakaJR

DahakaJR Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2010
    I drive trains, Locomotive Engineer.
    Pacific Northwest.
    The hearts/containers/weapons CAN be unlock through normal gameplay.

I have played this up to the last area and can confirm the above.

9. FL!ppY

FL!ppY Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2010
    Not sure, but if you change the screen size in the options, it seems that you get the SNES graphic mode.

10. OmKol

OmKol Member

Oct 13, 2009
    Moscow, Russia
    This mode change only window size and don't replace sprites, don't adds animations and special SNES graphic effects (like sky in Storm Eagle stage, water in Launch Octopus stage and transformations for boss Sting Chameleon).

11. JonnyBoy

JonnyBoy Member

Nov 8, 2010
    Can somebody please kindly share the locations of the 4 Body Armor parts?

Thanks a lot!

12. DahakaJR

DahakaJR Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2010
    I drive trains, Locomotive Engineer.
    Pacific Northwest.
  13. ap3604

ap3604 Member

Nov 27, 2011
    ROFL :p

Love the wit metalcasket :)

14. NolbertoS

NolbertoS Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2009
    I finished it in 3 hours..I love Megaman games alot...this is the fifth time buying X, first on SNES, than GC, than PS2, than PSP, and now Iphone. Bring on more Megaman's Capcom, including the DS Megaman ZX games too.

15. Ken|Ken

Ken|Ken Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2011
    Vancouver, BC, Canada
    I remember playing this on Super Nintendo!!!!! Great job Capcom for juicing its old titles....

16. Onikage725

Onikage725 Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2011
    My God, that video looks terrible. I could maybe handle the uninspired backgrounds, untouched audio, and choppy framerate except I know they can do better. My JB Ipad 1 can emulate Mega Man X perfectly without putting a dent in the system... they honestly could have pulled a Sega and wrapped this in a 1-game emulator and it would have come out better. This reminds me of the DOS port of MMX I had years ago. I wouldn't be surprised if the charged rolling shield was invincible like in that version lol

What irks me most, though, is the screen breaks. Heck, watch EgoRaptors second Sequilitis video on Youtube, and he goes into how amazing it was for MMX to improve on MM's design concept with full levels that didn't break. This takes Mega Man X and gives it the rough technical capability of classic Mega Man. No thank you. iPhone's can handle quite a bit more. Very disappointed. Honestly, if you're really hurting for some X just get ZSNES and google a rom for your PC. Legally, I think it's on Virtual Console, and Maverick Hunter X (and REAL remake) for PSP is dirt cheap.

17. Gabrien

Gabrien Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    Strange. No matter how many experts weigh in with their condemnations of this little platformer, I still enjoy playing it, lacking as I am any particular reference point whatsoever. I guess ignorance sometimes really is bliss.

18. Drexiel

Drexiel Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Commercial Diver
    Ponce, PR
    that will last until you get to finally play the SNES version.... even the PSP isn't as good as the SNES version... The only thing i really liked about the PSP version was the 20-30 minute anime video and Vile Mode...

SNES>PSP>GBC>iOS (Yeah, I'd much prefer to play the MMX game for GBC than the iOS version)

19. Onikage725

Onikage725 Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2011
    That's fine. I'm just saying IMO it is vastly inferior in...odd...ways to the original. If you don't have that frame of reference, you don't notice. I, for example, played a rental of the original without knowing anything about it, started with storm eagle, and got whipped. I beat it later when I got the DOS port (came with its own controller lol). Then, a few yrs later, I got the SNES version. As much as I loved the DOS version, it opulent compare. Just...lacked fluidity to its engine and animations, and had weird programming gaffs like I mentioned. Then I discovered emulation, so didn't even need it for a pc version lol.

But...why are ppl constantly referencing a gbc port? Mega Man eXtreme 1 and 2 aren't direct ports. They mix and mash levels from the SNES games, and have unique special bosses. They aren't original, but arent exactly ports either.

20. NolbertoS

NolbertoS Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2009
    Don't forget that it also came out for GC/PS2 in the anthology series..I consider

SNES>GC>PS2>PSP>GBC>iOS.