iPad Mega Man X - (by Capcom)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Dec 20, 2011.

1. Gabrien

Gabrien Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    I must admit all this talk does make me curious to try the SNES version. Putting it on my mental "to do" list I guess.

2. Drexiel

Drexiel Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Commercial Diver
    Ponce, PR
    DO IT!!! :D

Oh right i totally forgot!! and i actually had those!...

yup, the order in which you put them seems about right :)

3. Mr. Grizzly

Mr. Grizzly Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    How does this one compare to Mega Man 2? Are all Mega Man games the same, in that they are really tough until you can figure out what order to tackle the bad guys? It looks good - but I have to be really intrigued by a game to dish out $5 for it (of course, I will do it if I am convinced the game is my cup of tea).

4. Agas

Agas Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2011
    [​IMG] Busy shopping for Christmas presents and have no time to vote yet?

ONE LAST DAY to make MEGA MAN X becomes Touch Arcade Game of the Week.

[thread=117844]VOTE HERE[/thread]

5. NolbertoS

NolbertoS Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2009
    #85 NolbertoS, Dec 28, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2011
    The X series is similar to the main Megaman series, except the villain isn't Dr. Wily like the regular Megaman games. I'd say the iOS game was dumbed down alot compared to the SNES version, albeit, I played all the Megaman, Megaman X and Megaman ZX game, so maybe I made defeating the bosses look easy, since it was my 5th time playing this game on a new platform :p. You can easily defeat bosses using your trusty old cannon. But you can play around with the weapons and find the boss weakness. I guess the main difference between the X-series and the regular Megaman games is you have to backpedal to levels you beat, kinda like Metroid, to get items that weren't accessible, until you acquired the proper weapon or powerup or beat a certain boss. I'd say it's a bargain for $5.00, as the PSP version was 19.99 and the GC/PS2 Anthology sets got for like 49.99 or higher on ebay.

6. Onikage725

Onikage725 Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2011
    Honestly, that depends on your skill level I think. I find in classic Mega Man, and even later Mega Man X games, the order is very important. But this one, I can take every Maverick with the buster if I feel like it (though I have had well over a decade's practice). It's challenging for a new player, but in the long run is fairly easy. I can speed run it in about 47 minutes. The biggest decision is early on. If you don't do Chill Penguin first and get the dash boots, progression becomes nearly impossible.

7. Mr. Grizzly

Mr. Grizzly Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    Nolberto, just to clarify: which series is the one you have to backtrack through?

8. Drexiel

Drexiel Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Commercial Diver
    Ponce, PR
    That would be Megaman X series... and it really isn't bad, you just go trough a stage again once you get the ugrade needed for something like a Heart Container or something... and since you would have probably cleared the stage by that point, you will be able to plow through the stage.... specially if you have the Buster Upgrade and chill penguin's weapon (you will create an ice skateboard of sorts)

9. OmKol

OmKol Member

Oct 13, 2009
    Moscow, Russia
    But not absolutely impossible. I beat on SNES Flame Mammoth and Storm Eagle stages without boots, only with x-buster and without getting damage. And if you real pro, you can beat all stages except maybe Chill Penguin and Sigma stages only with x-buster and without boots. You can find these runs on Youtube.

10. TimEggers

TimEggers Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2011
    Shipping
    Tiskilwa, IL
    I agree the port isn't the greatest, but the core game is mostly intact.

I dropped the money from a gift card and am having fun with it. But yeah, I so wish the port was better.

11. Sin City

Sin City Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2011
    I'm finding MMX to be a love/hate relationship for me here on iOs. I love the OG MM's for NES the best as they were brutally hard with responsive controls and 8-bit graphics in their glory days. The SNES probably did the series the most justice. The series seems to have only "prettied" appearing on newer consoles, kind of lacking that retro appeal.

Anyway, what we received is responsive, pretty and seemingly needed compared to the MM2 port we got. Although I still feel like something is missing here with MMX, it seems satisfying enough... for now. Capcom definitely doesn't shine on the iOs platform. It's too bad really because they're capable of creating amazing titles on any platform if they actually try. Too bad they aren't taking this platform seriously.

12. Onikage725

Onikage725 Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2011
    That's pretty beast. There are people who wreck this game. I know you can use the charged I'm pretty good. Not top tier, but I can finish it in 46-48 minutes 100% completion, and I can easily beat the game with just the dash boots (and, obviously, the Z-buster is forced on you if you skip the upgrade). Actually you need that buster for the end in a no boots run, cuz I think there's one jump you would need the charged shotgun ice if you couldn't dash. If I weren't going to dash on Storm Eagle I'd want to take out Sting Chameleon first (I usually hit Eagle after Penguin for the helmet, sub tank, and easy heart).

Now I want to try this without boots...

13. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Just realized what game this was a few minutes ago after watching a video of the iPhone version of the game on YouTube. Yeah, I didn't remember the name of the game after all these years, sadly. The screenshots on iTunes completely threw me off too. Didn't even bother watching the gameplay video when the game first came out. Loved this game along with Megaman Xtreme 1/2 on the GBC. Yeah, the new art is a pretty big downgrade, but I'm expecting to have a shitload of fun with this. Couldn't buy it fast enough after I figured out this was the SNES game.

14. Johnny1st

Johnny1st Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2011
    Please help!

How do you unlock these locked options in story and ranking modes?

And are there more specials like the hadoken?

15. NeoNirvana

NeoNirvana New Member

Jan 28, 2012
    Has anyone found a way to get the Heart Container on Flame Mammoth's level in MMX iOS??

Haven't found a way around the issue with the flames not cooling after defeating Chill Penguin... even tried dashing the whole way using up E-Tanks.

:/

16. OmKol

OmKol Member

Oct 13, 2009
    Moscow, Russia
    What's problem? :confused:
    [​IMG]
    Compare with SNES version.
    [​IMG]

17. EfratBarTal

EfratBarTal Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2011
    Female
    CEO
    Tel-Aviv
    completely OT, but my favorite mega man ever is 4. it had the best gameplay, best soundtrack and also i had a friend that looked and behaved just like toad man. :)

18. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Update just made the game UNIVERSAL!

19. Gabrien

Gabrien Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    I envisage a buttons nightmare but hope I'm wrong.

20. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Yeah, the button positioning makes it pretty uncomfortable....