iPad Melon Golf

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by eggzbacon, Aug 29, 2009.

1. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Just looking at it now... I think I will though.

Off topic - getting Shadow Complex on 360, but short 400 points!! Doh!!

2. djflippy

djflippy Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    Shadow Complex owns.

3. jasonsmith

jasonsmith Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2009
    On a quick look it seems as though you can get through the 36 holes (Levels) quickly... yes, no, maybe so?

4. Gryphon23

Gryphon23 Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2009
    McDonalds! French Fries anyone?
    At that place... with those... people...
    I was just about to press "buy now" when I see that it has 36 levels... now i dont know. Is it too short?

5. eggzbacon

eggzbacon Well-Known Member

May 17, 2009
    The Golden State
    36 levels is a LOT

6. skyye06

skyye06 Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2009
    student
    Texas
    #46 skyye06, Aug 29, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2009
    really...its 99c...you sure do expect a lot...if levels are the concern

But yes it does feel a bit short but a great game indeed, hopefully more levels coould be added

7. NotYou

NotYou Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Colorado
    Yes, the levels are short, but it has a ton of replay value. Some of them are very difficult and others are locked (and more difficult). Trying to get a hole in one is a huge challenge sometimes, but it's always possible, it seems.

8. skyye06

Jul 21, 2009
    student
    Texas
    yup love it, took me a while to figure out some of them, hopefully some more levels come through update or in app purchase

9. DrJ

DrJ Well-Known Member

May 11, 2009
    great game! one thing i would like to see is online multiplayer!! i imagine implementing this wouldn't be too difficult as it would just be turn-based like every other multiplayer golf-ish game...

unless you could see your opponents screen as they're taking their shot... now that would be cool. as well as voice chat.... so many possibilities and this game is so much fun i think it deserves the royal treatment ;)

10. skyye06

Jul 21, 2009
    student
    Texas
    it actually takes quite a lot of work to implement multiplayer, you know btw this won't even happen if this game doesn't sell well

11. jasonsmith

Jul 18, 2009
    The last couple posts were good, there's no need for anyone to get fiesty just cause someone is concerned about game play length no matter the cost. I think it's a valid concern. Looks like a really fun game though.

12. coconutbowling

coconutbowling Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Student
    Pennsylvania
    I don't see online multiplayer in the future, but I'd love to see pass and play multiplayer.

13. cranker

cranker Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2009
    Montreal
    One thing that I would like to see is that after a shot if you could tap the screen to go to the next shot intead of waiting for the ball to finish rolling................maybe i am just in a rush :)

great game though !!!!!

14. takaya

takaya Well-Known Member

May 27, 2009
    Fun game, really great physics.... far better than Rocket Golf.
    I would like to have a replay option or a statistic that shows the power and the angle of the last shot......

15. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Played it a bit, really nice game. Glad I bought it. I'll get into it more tomorrow, but I'm loving it so far.

16. jasonsmith

Jul 18, 2009
    Bought it and liking it.

17. DrJ

DrJ Well-Known Member

May 11, 2009
    i played without reading the instructions first, and double-tapped to try and skip to the next shot: do-over! but yea maybe it would be a good idea to double-tap to skip to next shot, and have a button on-screen for a do-over.

anyhoo i hope the game sells well because its a great game and deserves to, not because of any potential enticement of the developer to update. i'm sure online multiplayer isn't just a matter of a few lines of code, what i meant was though it shouldn't be as difficult to implement as in a game such as Real Racing or Enviro-Bear 2010...

18. mlodziezy

mlodziezy New Member
    Patreon Bronze

Aug 30, 2009
    I guess it has the World of Goo feeling (which i would like to see on Iphone).
    Great game.

19. Dark NRG

Dark NRG Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2009
    Filmographer
    I absolutely LOVE this game. You can't beat the art. This may be my most played while waiting for Minigore or The Deep update.
    Of course, if the new geo defense: swarm comes out anyday now, it would surely blow my life plans right out the window. And don't call me surely.

You're getting weak my friend. We are Borg.

20. skyye06

Jul 21, 2009
    student
    Texas