iPad Melon Golf

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by eggzbacon, Aug 29, 2009.

1. jasonsmith

jasonsmith Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2009
    You were all right, it's a great game. I just wish after finishing a course you can go back and redo whatever holes you want. I also wished it would list the hole by hole scores. Would add to the replay value.

2. jchampl

jchampl Well-Known Member

you can do that, just go into practice, you can pick the hole, and it keeps your score for the lowest strokes.

3. Dark NRG

Dark NRG Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2009
    Filmographer
    I love this game! Amazing how this is flying under the radar...Im shocked to see Albie not even noticing :eek:

Thanks to Hodapp for getting it some due recognition. I gotta hit the iTunes app store and post a review right now. In the meanwhile:

How do I beat Expert level: The Island????????????
    God, I've tried every adjustment. Unfortunately, tho it's pretty accurate, it will give some different results for say 22.6 percent angle, for example. You can't rely on it. Guess it's virtual wind.

And, I wish the dev would make it so I can double tap the screen and get the melon to stop sliding and go straight to the position it will eventually end up after sliding, know what I mean??

4. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    At yours and Eli's recommendation I'm currently d/l. ;) Ill let ya know....

5. Dark NRG

Dark NRG Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2009
    Filmographer
    Great!!! Please let me know how to find the "stars" that unlock nightmare mode. I don't know if I should just shoot the melon randomly around, or if they're hidden behind curls, or what. Haven't found any stars, and the only hint in the game is that after playing a level, play it again and the stats will show "0 of 1 stars found", whereas other levels without stars say "0 of 0 stars found". Anyhow, I'm stuck on the 4th level of expert. I know you hardcore guys could figure this out with easy ;)

6. Hmar9333

Hmar9333 Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2009
    Book Salesperson/Student
    Melbourne, Australia
    I beat it, it was hard though, sorry, I can't remember what power and angle I used...

7. Alichan76

Alichan76 Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2009
    Great game: ) The art work reminds me of Patapon.

8. milkshake

milkshake Member

Aug 31, 2009
    You need to get a hole in one on each of the holes that hide the stars before they show up. Once you get a hole in one, the next time you go into that hole the star will be there waiting for you.

9. nizy

nizy Well-Known Member

The game is really cool but they need to have a hole select option for when you're going for the stars. There's 1 on hole 9 of the easy course that if you miss, you have to replay holes 1 through 8 in order to try it again!

And some of those stars are damn hard to get! :D

10. milkshake

milkshake Member

Aug 31, 2009
    Use practice mode: you can play exactly the hole you want, and there's even a hole in one mode for trying to unlock the stars too

11. nizy

nizy Well-Known Member

Oh didn't realize that, thanks. I figured the practice mode was just that, where you can't unlock stuff.

Anyway, has anyone managed to get the star on easy hole 9 (screenshot attached). Whatever I try, I just hit the moving bars in the middle and either roll into the hole, or roll back down to the gears!

Attached Files:

12. Carlos-Sz

Carlos-Sz Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2008
    Zoom out so you can see the entire course and throw the melon when the upper right bar is less visible using spin.

13. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Awful lot of aliasing in this game... I'm sure it could've been avoided.

14. poorbelly

poorbelly Member

Aug 4, 2009
    just chiming in to say this game is fantastic! i'm loving it, also runs really well on my first gen I phone which i can tell you mankes a nice change!

15. skyye06

skyye06 Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2009
    student
    Texas
    nizy did you figure it out, all yo have to do is at that screen shot throw the ball after one second and it should hit the wall and roll down to the hole

16. nizy

nizy Well-Known Member

Yeah i did it with the advise of Carlos-Sz. Took a few goes and some spin though. Thanks to both of you.

17. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    It's very well an established fact that MG is kick ass, now for a few minor critiques: I REALLY wish on a missed shot that my misshapen friend could be fast-forwarded to his final stationary point ie. In some valleys/nooks & crannies it can take quite a bit for him to roll back-n-forth.

Also, zooming and panning is odd. I sometimes inadvertantly take my shot just trying to locate the hole and obstacles.

None of this is vital, and the game is all in all a top notch experience for $.99, but here's hoping the devs are checking out TA for feedback.

Richard

18. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    36 holes doesn't sound enough to make me buy it... in a full-feaured golf game 36 would be considered enough, but this isn't really the same thing. I'd place it along side casual games such as Bloons or Trace... both of which have a ton of levels.

19. skyye06

skyye06 Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2009
    student
    Texas
    midian I find this way better than balloons and trace and why do you expect soo much for one dollar(rhetorical). I mean thats a good point and yes it us short but the experience and fun is well worth it and overlooks the so called mere 36 holes. But we are different and if thats not enough then just don't buy cause I'm not gonna try to persuade you.

btw im not angry just wanted to say that:p

20. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    Well it's just that I'm broke at the moment. If I'd seen it after September 9th I'd have tons of money so I'd probably just get it right away.

...also Bloons was only a dollar too and Trace is free :p