iPad Melon Golf

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by eggzbacon, Aug 29, 2009.

1. skyye06

skyye06 Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2009
    student
    Texas
    okay now thats a good excuse but please do pick it up when you have extra cash, you wont regret it(well i didn't);)

2. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Yeah alright. You have to remind me then :p

3. falloutmike

falloutmike Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    VA
    Holy crap, the level Cone on the 3rd set of holes is impossible..... up to shot 88

4. skyye06

Jul 21, 2009
    student
    Texas
    really I beat that one lemme see if I can remember how i did it

5. falloutmike

falloutmike Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    VA
    LMAO got it by dumb luck, got stuck on that slanted top slope, then shot it in by bouncing off the other ledge. 129 Over! Beat that hah! :p

6. skyye06

Jul 21, 2009
    student
    Texas
    I def got better than that lol

7. Wegmans

Wegmans Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008
    Finance
    MD, USA
    Instant buy after watching 30 seconds of the vid on the front page...

Dev's getting my $!

8. SpungoMcGee

SpungoMcGee Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2009
    #88 SpungoMcGee, Sep 1, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2009
    +1

That is a really atrocious design cock-up. In Sea Shell it goes on for about 40 seconds, and to be honest I quit at that point. Life's too goddamn short to spend it watching a fricking melon slide back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth before the damn game will let you actually interact with it again. It absolutely wrecks an otherwise nice little game.

9. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    I'd sig that if I didn't need my sig to remind me of upcoming games.

10. grathina2000

grathina2000 Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2009
    I like.

Nice graphics..simple but cute. Nice game-play...easy to just pick up and play.

My only frustrating critic is the melon landing on an upper ledge shaped like a "U" and sliding from one end to the other end and back again...and again...and again...and again...for the next minute or more.

Developer please look at this issue. Although I tend to just double tap and start from the first "tee" off...this restart inevitably drops my enjoyment of playing this game way down.

Thanks.

11. milkshake

milkshake Member

Aug 31, 2009
    I've just submitted an update for this to Apple. Not sure how long the approval will take.

We did actually know about this one in development ... it just proved really hard to fix it without breaking the physics in other parts of the game (making it impossible to hole-in-one some of the holes for example). Really sorry for the frustration it's caused.

After reading your post, I did go straight into Sea Shell and test the new version again just to be sure. It comes to rest pretty quickly now.

In the mean time, you can obviously double-tap to take the shot again (but I'm sure you'd already worked that out). And just for the record, there's nowhere in the game you actually need to stop on ice: it's always possible to play through it in one shot.

Full details here: http://melongolf.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6

12. skyye06

Jul 21, 2009
    student
    Texas
    lol didn't know the dev was already here...btw great game, its one of my new favorites

13. skyye06

Jul 21, 2009
    student
    Texas
    is there a possibility for more levels either through update or in app purchase

14. milkshake

milkshake Member

Aug 31, 2009
    Thanks for the feedback ... the update we've just submitted (see my post above), should fix this one up for you. Let me know how it goes.

15. milkshake

milkshake Member

Aug 31, 2009
    Thanks kindly =)

We'd really like to do some more with Melon Golf (and indeed, some more with Melon World in general!), but without knowing how the game will do, it's a bit tricky to work out the right way to deliver new courses for people to play. We also had no idea which holes people would enjoy the most, so we're hoping to factor that into things as well (for the record, Pachinko is mine and I love how hard it is ... even for me).

I guess the first step for us is really just sitting down and brainstorming some new holes (and maybe some new toys to interact with) and seeing what comes out. We had to draw a line in the sand a few weeks back on new holes to get the release out - so I'm kind of curious to see what happens when the blinders come off.

There are also lots of comments about how cool multi-player might be (and replays, and a few other things) so there's certainly lots for us to think about.

16. skyye06

Jul 21, 2009
    student
    Texas
    well hopefully it takes off as i for one would love to see more

17. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    ...and me, obviously.

18. Owl

Owl Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2009
    So... There's going to be more levels eventually? o.o *confused*

19. skyye06

Jul 21, 2009
    student
    Texas
    he says it all depends on how much it sells, thats with all games in the appstore

20. Owl

Owl Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2009
    Ahh, okay.