iPad Melon Golf

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by eggzbacon, Aug 29, 2009.

1. skyye06

skyye06 Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2009
    student
    Texas
    So we should *bump* and talka bout this thread til they do;)...who said bump?:p

2. Jeff321

Jeff321 New Member

Sep 1, 2009
    Ok, this game started off good but the levels got too crazy quick. I agree with the comment on the main site that complained you can't make progress towards the goal on most of these courses. Either you get there in 1 shot or you get nowhere. That's not golf at all.

Cog Climber is really frustrating me in this regard, I am at over 100 shots. I have a feeling I will just randomly get it at some point, but that's not skill, it's luck, and honestly it's not very fun.

Also, it's really hard to see what's going on for the huge levels.

If you release an update in the future I would suggest more simpler levels like the ones in the first half of the game, where there really is a golf style of making progress towards the hole and an attempt to minimize strokes.

Thank you,
    Jeff

3. Owl

Owl Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2009
    Bump? I never said bump. Though bump is a very good game. (Seriously, I actually did write bump instead of Melon Golf when typing that >>; ) I think my favorite level is cog climber, because one, it reminds me of Cogs, and two, it's neat when you get it right. Man, I really wanna play Cogs.

Like, really badly.

Really really badly. I need a better laptop. >>;

4. RetroGuy

RetroGuy Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Minor interface issues

I'm not a fan of that interface. Actually I have a few interface issues:

1. Double tapping to cancel (and end) a shot. More than once I've done it accidentally out of impatience, and then it costs me a shot. Maybe a diagonal swipe across the screen would be better?

2. What is the difference between practicing in Normal and practicing in Hole In One?

3. As I look at all the courses to practice on, I have to enter each course to see my record. It would be more convenient to tap on or center a course on screen to see its record, then tapping (again) to play it.

4. I can zoom in, but it seems to only zoom on the center, and then the screen seems to go crazy when I try to pan around, or it ends up taking a shot for me? It's quite confusing.

5. A fast forward button on the screen please? Just run the simulation N times for every 1 render.

These are small issues though. So far I really like the game. Good aiming controls and feedback, excellent graphics design (reminds me a lot of Patapon/LocoRoco), and the number of holes for 99c looks like great value.

Great job.

5. skyye06

Jul 21, 2009
    student
    Texas
    I actually prefer the double tap but maybe add an option for that

practice is doing each hole while normal is doing the whole course

I agree with that one

...?

I dont think it needs a fast forward as they are short but faster animimations and not making us wait for it to finish.

If only papaton came to itunes that would be amazing

6. jecebn

jecebn Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Kansas City, MO
    lol- I feel like an idiot.

I initially hated this game because I thought it was too hard. I thought in order to launch the ball you had to touch the ball and pull back from there, not realizing you could touch anywhere on the screen.

Now that I get the controls, I love this game! I would love to see more levels made

7. skyye06

Jul 21, 2009
    student
    Texas
    don't that was my first impression too

8. nicolaxl

nicolaxl Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2009
    photograph
    italy
    it would be nice to have a global scores for the holes...hope they implement it in future with some achieve too...

9. Hmar9333

Hmar9333 Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2009
    Book Salesperson/Student
    Melbourne, Australia
    No offence, but you must really suck...

10. Dark NRG

Dark NRG Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2009
    Filmographer
    +1 Way to welcome someone to the forum, dude ;)

I love this game, and Thanks Milkshake for being an active dev on the TA forums!!!

Now, can someone PLEASE help me with level 3 "the Island"????:eek:

11. jmmsmth

jmmsmth Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2009
    i like how you say "no offense" as if theres a way where thats not offensive

12. JanB

JanB Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Is an update coming?

13. skyye06

Jul 21, 2009
    student
    Texas
    he said only if it sells good

14. milkshake

milkshake Member

Aug 31, 2009
    Yes - there's an update coming to fix the issue where you slide seemingly forever on some of the slippery surfaces. It also fixes some depth fighting glitches on some hardware, and Birdie spelling.

Apparently updates can take as long as the applications themselves to approve though, so it might be a while coming.

15. skyye06

Jul 21, 2009
    student
    Texas
    oh yeah a fix update yeah but if you mean extended gameplay that is still pending

16. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Well, it's already made it to the Games Top 100 (barely), so there's a good chance that we'll see more content.

17. skyye06

Jul 21, 2009
    student
    Texas
    +1 oh yeah sweet! Congrats to dev!

If it keeps going up dev i'm gonna be looking for that update;)

18. Dark NRG

Jun 10, 2009
    Filmographer
    And without our good friend Albie even acknowledging it's very existence.
    Odd.

19. skyye06

Jul 21, 2009
    student
    Texas
    I talked to BA a while back about this before.

He has played it and from his response i think he enjoyed it somewhat the least but the reason for no review was of the short game play

20. Dark NRG

Jun 10, 2009
    Filmographer
    Didn't he do Enviro Bear tho? Even Tan Girl. Some puzzle games. Well, he has a lot on his plate. Hodapp rose to the occasion :D

BTW, I'm gonna get that Suppression right now. Will post.