Metal Gear Solid Touch price changes

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Kyler, Aug 13, 2009.

1. ripofra

ripofra Well-Known Member

Anyone have any tips to beat Laughing Octopus? I've never played a MGS game and just brought this and like it, but this level is so hard with those six red balls!

2. qwerty12

qwerty12 Well-Known Member

Mar 8, 2009
    I have never had that problem while playing and I haven't heard of anyone having that problem so I don't know what it could be

3. Joker13z

Joker13z Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    Holy crap. Just saw the price drop to $.99. Definitely going to buy it now as a big metal gear solid fan. :)

4. tsharpfilm

tsharpfilm Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2009
    Digital Artist
    USA
    lol. I saw that too, but they quickly changed it back to $5.99.

5. Joker13z

Joker13z Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    Oh you gotta be f****** kidding me -_-. That was real crappy Konami. Well looks like I'm not buying it then.

6. robertf224

robertf224 Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2009
    its still 99 cents

7. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    you're on something

8. Golden Boy

Golden Boy Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2009
    Financial Manager
    I've forgotten how much fun this game was. Going back on some of my old games I purchased and deciding to play them again, I loaded this one up for old times sake.

Just completed levels 15 -16 again, boy was that fun. Using the railgun and then using Metal Gear RAY to whoop up on some Liquid was a lot of fun.

I never did collect all of the wallpapers, but I think I will try now with my renewed taste for the game. There is some really nice artwork that can be purchased.

Anyone still play this?

9. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    I don't play it simply because I'm mad at it lol. I was expecting an awesome stealth action game with a great story, and I got a shooting gallery game with a story that can be completely ignored. It wasn't a bad game, but it would have been a lot more enjoyable had it not had the Metal Gear name.

I tried the lite and it's fun for a shooting gallery game, but again, it was a letdown for fans of the series like me.

10. Golden Boy

Dec 12, 2009
    Financial Manager
    The story is fine IMO. There is some skill required to play this game. You have to scope in, take cover, fire and pick up power ups. Granted it's easy for the first few levels, but the difficulty ramps up in later levels.

Simply playing the lite version isn't anything to go off by. They only give a few levels to play and those levels DO make the game seem like a shooting gallery haha.

Your a fan? As am I... I really would like to see a top down version of Solid Snake. Like back in the Playstation One days. That would be awesome.

11. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    Yeah, I love the MGS series. The first one ranks up as my single favorite game of all time. And that was actually what I was hoping for when I heard that they were making a MGS Touch. They really should have just ported MGS 3D for mobile phones, or the original Metal Gear that they also have on mobile phones. It probably would have been much, much better.

12. Ouisch

Ouisch Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2009
    Hmm... Is anyone else seeing a 2.3.0 update for this in their iTunes, then being told it's unavailable when they try to download it?

It seems to be almost twice the size (249 MB), so I'm assuming maybe they're piggybacking an iPad version? Either that or they added a fair amount of stuff to the game, unless it's all just some kind of bizarre error.

Hmm, actually... I just checked iTunes, and Metal Gear Solid Touch seems to have been pulled from both the US and Canadian stores as of this moment.

13. gigidey

gigidey Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2008
    Pandora Radio and Noby Noby Boy are also doing the same for me, and all three have drastically different version numbers, so I'm willing to bet they're iPad updates.

14. 5duc29

5duc29 Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2009
    #34 5duc29, Apr 1, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2010
    Got the update. Icon is hideous :p

Not sure what it new. Couldn't update it by tapping on it but instead, I pressed update all. I still have the saved files but not sure what the update was.

EDIT: Never mind. It's updated for iPad optimization. Icon is ugly though.. I liked the first icon they had.

15. Ouisch

Ouisch Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2009
    Huh, odd. It still won't let me update. I wonder what Konami did here. Are they trying to sell an iPad version as well as an iPhone version and got the two mixed together somehow? Everytime I try to update it, it keeps giving me messages like 'you can't update because you don't own the major version' or something along those lines. :confused:

16. Golden Boy

Dec 12, 2009
    Financial Manager
    I can update it just fine, in fact I am as of right now.

The update is just for iPad optimization, basically universal. It sucks for us iPhone users because now it doubles in size just to accommodate the iPad. In fact, I have lots of updates now that double in size just for the iPad.

17. Ouisch

Ouisch Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2009
    #37 Ouisch, Apr 1, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2010
    Well, if that's all it is, I don't really care about the update anyway. Just checked again though and it's still giving me the same error message. Odd.

EDIT: Nevermind, it suddenly randomly started working

18. Edm

Edm Well-Known Member

May 9, 2009
    does the game look nicer on iphone after the update?

19. All-Eyez-On-Me

All-Eyez-On-Me Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2010
    This game sucked so much. Should have had some kind of Stealth,and what's up with the ducks that show up in the battle? Why would a duck be there? Stupid.

20. Whosatm

Whosatm Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Well the update doesn't add anything except for iPad support, and the new icon looks hideous... When will Konami get serious and release a GOOD game? MGS Touch isn't necessarily bad, but it doesn't even remotely feel like MGS.