Universal METAL SLUG 3 - (by SNK PLAYMORE)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Jul 11, 2012.

1. Agas

Agas Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2011
    #141 Agas, Jul 16, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2012
    Vote for your favorite GOTW !!!

[thread=119439][​IMG][/thread]
    [thread=144182][​IMG][/thread] [thread=144064][​IMG][/thread] [thread=144107][​IMG][/thread] [thread=144066][​IMG][/thread]
    [thread=144170][​IMG][/thread] [thread=143836][​IMG][/thread] [thread=143368][​IMG][/thread] [thread=144063][​IMG][/thread]

Click on above icons
    to discover more about the games!

[size=+3]METAL SLUG 3[/size]
    is one of the nominees for
    [size=+2]Touch Arcade Game of the Week
    11/07/2012
    [/size]

Do you like re-experience this legendary NEOGEO 2D action shooting masterpiece?

[size=+3][thread=144094]VOTE HERE[/thread][/size]

Poll close
    07-19-2012 - 06:16 PM

- Devs cannot vote for their own games -​

2. x999x

x999x Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    Naturally I voted for MS3 :)

Also

ICADE FINDINGS:

I have noticed that tapping the screen essentially shuts down iCade entirely. Therefore, starting the game up with iCade running and then tapping through the menus to get into the game has effectively DISCONNECTED ICADE.

To Reactivate iCade, press the home button to jump out of the game, and then tap the MS3 icon to jump back in. You'll be greeted by "Welcome back XYZ" from Game Center, and your iCade will begin to work again.

This is clearly a bug that slipped by, as once you tap the screen which brings up the virtual controls or menu, the game stops pinging your iCade. It *should* continue to ping until it either times out, or realizes you have opted for virtual controls based on playing with them for a period of time.

3. eev

eev Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2009
    Germany
    #143 eev, Jul 16, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2012
    the default stock of grenades is not enough to take all but one or two aliens. you can not save enough rockets because there are plenty of enemies on the way to boss fight. and to take the another part of the boss it's like two stocks of grenades and several H drops. i would say it's quite a lot. maybe u play on easy. and i am also am talking about no hit playing, because only then you can get good scores.

4. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Yes, default stock is not enough, but there's grenade drops through the level... And I play on normal, and there are a few enemies between getting the rockets and the boss, BUT YOU CAN JUMP OVER THEM...

Whatever, I give up... Don't care anymore...

5. eev

eev Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2009
    Germany
    if you are so good with this game no need to f act like that, i did not ask you about all that stuff in the first place anyway.

6. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Ur totally right, WTF was I thinking trying to help out? Lesson learned

7. PrayForDeath

PrayForDeath Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2012
    Too bad, they dont know what they're missing out on :p

8. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Agreed... I keep trying to show em... But they just blow me off... Oh well. :p

9. lilouz

lilouz Member

Jul 17, 2012
    More expensive! I return to my emulation!

10. jar0d

jar0d Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2010
    Europe
    I was on the fence too but because of your post I bought it! ;)

(srsly)

11. soldat7

soldat7 Well-Known Member

Jul 12, 2011
    You mean pirating?

12. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    Off topic:
    I know there's a thread about "How i learned to love $7 games"
    Well, if you are a regular working man/woman, then there is no
    excuse not to buy these games, if they fit you of course.
    My guess, if you are gaming a lot in your spare/freetime, you
    don't have to much time to spend the money elsewhere (maybe).

On topic :
    This game is just incredible fun but also very difficult, even in
    easy mode. I spent quite a few hours now just to reach level 4
    (out of 5), and still i'm discovering some "holes" to jump/dive
    in, to play a new level in the current level. Amazing !

I never knew this Metal Slug series before, but now i'm
    considering myself as a new big fan of it. Again - amazing !

PS: NO IAP's and customizable buttons.

13. soldat7

Jul 12, 2011
    Indeed. The Metal Slug games are magic. I really hope SNK and DotEmu keep putting these out. It's a remarkable port and I hope it's getting attention and selling like hotcakes.

14. eev

eev Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2009
    Germany
    seems like their pricing was really good because there is almost 100k users at gc, these are really great numbers with such price point in appstore.

15. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    But thats what does my head in. Lots of people (mostly kids!) seem to think $7 for an iOS game is a huge huge rip off ! Forget working man/woman, also any kids with pocket money or part time jobs have no excuse.

Again (history lesson coming up !)...

In the 80's i got half a pound a week pocket money (say a dollar), games in the 80's during the 8 bit years cost mostly £7.95 so thats about say $13. There was a budget range of 1.99 games ($3) which was a gamble as often these games were terrible. But as they were so cheap you took a chance after reading reviews etc.

So it would take agesssss to save up for a £7.95 game unless you got a paper round or birthday/xmas. So thats one major reason why tape copying took place in the 80's. Saying that i tried to buy as many games as possible.

A classic like Metal Slug comes out in the year 2012 for just 7 dollars which is nothing. I reckon most kids do okay when it comes to pocket money, i cant believe they get a dollar a week ! Or a lot of kids do part time jobs.

So as iOS games are so cheap i think 1) why would you bother illegally downloading games or 2) surely buy the odd $7 game now and then. Again the problem is people are so used to 99c games on iOS they start screaming blue murder the second a games a few dollars (which is nothing). Again some people dont realise how lucky they are, theres tons of great games for iOS and theyre so cheap (from 7 dollar games to 1 dollar).

16. th1nk

th1nk Member

May 8, 2012
    i love this game and it is really nice to be able to play it on my phone :) however i wish there was a video option that would place a smaller window in the middle of the screen such that the controls don't obstruct the view. a 1:1 pixel perfect video mode maybe?

17. Menneisyys

Menneisyys Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2008
  18. Bloko

Bloko Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2012
    Good news! :p

Last update:

*A Window Mode, allowing to set button icons outside of the game screen, has been added.
    Tap the Game Settings icon, and go to “VIDEO OPTIONS” → “4:3 16:9 WINDOW” in order to choose among the 3 display modes available.

*An Autofire function has been added.
    Tap the Game Settings icon, go to “KEY CONFIGURATION” → “Autofire: ON:OFF” in order to enable or disable this feature.

Otherwise, Tap the Pause icon during gameplay, then go to
    go to “KEY CONFIGURATION”→ “Autofire: ON:OFF” in order to enable or disable this feature.

19. Wediafom24

Wediafom24 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2010
    Student
    Asmara, Eritrea
    Sweet, updating as I write:D

Edit: still no iCloud support though.....

20. soldat7

Jul 12, 2011
    #160 soldat7, Aug 21, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2012
    Awesome update. Love love love Metal Slug. I'm not sure what iCloud support would add to this...

Your display settings are now saved! My only complaint is auto-fire is turned on by default. Is the filter enabled by default? If so it shouldn't be! I don't remember.

Buy this game people!!!