Universal Metal Slug Defense (by SNK Playmore)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, May 1, 2014.

1. Hyun

Hyun Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2014
    So Toucharcade updated itself into this fresh clean look, although it's gonna take some time to get adjusting to. One of the new features I've noticed is a group feature. So I've created our little group TouchArcade Metal Slug Defense, you can join through here: http://forums.toucharcade.com/group.php?groupid=735

2. joseph1234

joseph1234 Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2014
    about restarting the game, i installed msd in my sisters tablet and so far the free units are in there on the get go, 1k taro.mini jking and mini hermit are present..
    and btw, is it just me or the toucharcade layout changed? i use mobile thou so idk..
    and ill give a review about slug gunner maybe later..and some interesting openers i saw on 1v1

edit: hyun posted it first hehe.. im late just 2mins.. ok verified layout changed

3. Hyun

Hyun Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2014
    Yep Joseph, changed itself into a modern look, got me shocked for a few minutes when I first saw it. It's definitely an improvement though, we'll get used to it.

Edit: Missed the edit on Joseph lol! Btw, now on the new group, I can keep all tier lists in the group to keep it more organized!

4. casualgamer27

casualgamer27 Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Just wondering what is the difference between the new group section and this forum?

btw Anyone want to share their opinion on Augensterm or trevor mummy for a pf deck? I mentioned about using them for a pf deck a few posts ago... Are they so bad that there is no opinion lol? I thought trevor mummy would be good because because it has a high hp/ap ratio and production rate is normal for it.

5. joseph1234

Jun 27, 2014
    #2505 joseph1234, Mar 27, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2015
  6. joseph1234

Jun 27, 2014
    augenstrem is arguably better in this update.. i see alot of pros use it to protect their rootmars from hi do(it walks past frontline) so the hi do.Ss cant hit it flush..
    about mummy trevor, its a good free unit if your short on medals.. has a strong Ss, knock back, and a msa blocker with normal prod rate.. althou what makes it less competitive is its long special animation during its special skill.. its a waste of slot if you could not pull it off

7. Bombsquad1

Bombsquad1 New Member

Mar 26, 2015
    I was wondering I guess if you got the 200 plus the recent medal bonus so in theory you would have around 300/400 medals plus the rest you unlock playing through. I suppose your right though...probably not worth restarting.

Anyone have some good tapjoy offers for big medals? I've done a few recently but was not rewarded....

8. casualgamer27

Jan 30, 2015
    Thanks joseph1234 for your feedback on augenstrem and trevor mummy. When I see new units being used in 1v1 I try to check with what others here think about them. Hmm ill probably probably sub out trevor mummy from my pf deck then.

Bombsquad1.. what region are you playing from. I get my tapjoy offers from SoCal. If we are in same region I can give tips about the ones to complete.

9. Bombsquad1

Bombsquad1 New Member

Mar 26, 2015
    Midwest region US.

I've done a few good tapjoys in the past however lately I've been on a cold streak.

10. Hyun

Hyun Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2014
    #2510 Hyun, Mar 27, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2015
    Hey guys, I wanted a quick poll of opinions, do you think ranks can psychologically trick a player into thinking their opponents are better or worse than themselves depending on the opponent's rank? I know for sure when I was lower ranked, I would be scared of the star players. Now that I'm one myself, I can see a lot of lower players d.cing before the match starts (Usually shown by a longer waiting period on the enemy deck showing). Opinions and thoughts?

edit: Misspelled psychologically

11. TheSorRoW

TheSorRoW Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    Actually yes hyun Lol when I see stars on the opponent and I see my partner with the low ranks (below 100 wins) I know it isn't going to end well even if I am close to getting to the start rank lol

12. casualgamer27

Jan 30, 2015
    The trick for tapjoy Is to usually do the free trial ones or small offers like visiting Web pages or downloading apps. For the trials, I would research the company online before using my credit card to sign up for free trial.

Nope, I don't worry about the opponent if I am using my competitive deck in 1v1. Like the post mentioned above, I'm worried by the experience of my partner in 2v2. I just need my partner to send a few units that are not the commander (glad to be seeing a lot less of them).

I started using augenstrem and it's pretty decent in a pf deck. Definitely seems better to me than before. I think it should be a bit higher ranked in the tier list

13. Hyun

Hyun Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2014
    Thanks for asking for a reevaluation of the Augenstern (SNK does not know how to spell using German lol), yes I've seen them more lately, most likely in an attempt to screen Rootmars and that the fact most people run a lot of melee nowadays. I'll keep my eyes open and maybe you will get your wish on moving up the tier list. As of now, I've added the asterisk on it, as the Augenstern is definitely best suited in a P.F Deck. I hoped to use the new group feature to start our mini threads on units that could move (or down) the tiers and hopefully the tier list can be more community now, not just me tiering them solely on my discretion.

14. casualgamer27

Jan 30, 2015
    The credit goes to joseph1234. I started using the Augenstern after he told me more about it. I think the unit is a bit more useful now, but it's definitely far from being a top unit . Too bad snk wont release patch notes for the units they update.

Btw I'm looking forward to your review on nadia!

15. Hyun

Hyun Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2014
    I was thinking about posting or at least archiving all of my tier list, unit reviews in the group discussions, maybe since not everyone has joined the group I'll post in the main thread and I'll archive it later in the group discussions. Nadia should be coming your way in about 15~20 minutes.

16. divaio9191

divaio9191 Active Member

Mar 8, 2015
    i thing about change ptolemaic slug and put in this place sv-001 type-r, cost the same and movement is better thans pt slug, anyone play this unit?

17. Hyun

Hyun Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2014
    Underrated Gems #3 Nadia and Rebel Zombie

Bet you didn't see two units incoming huh? Told you I was gonna do Nadia but not one on the Rebel Zombie.Nadia (Lvl25)
    HP:1575
    AP:90
    Move: Normal
    Prod: Slow
    Stand.Atk:Vulcan
    Spec.Atk: (1st) Summoning Walking Machine (After 1st) Molotov

Ok, this unit is quite deceptive, as the HP is completely unreliable since the Walking Machine boosts her HP to a much much higher level. In her human form, Nadia is quite horrible, nothing special. But once she hops on the Walking Machine, she becomes Terminator of all the Hyakutaros. Her special is very special in the fact it ignores any and all units that may get in the way. Simply, her special ignores wall units and lets her to hit other squishy support units, particularly Hyakutaro and mortars. This is really nice, as this puts heavy pressure on the opponent and practically renders Hyakutaro useless (Unless the opponent is in your face and Nadia doesn't have time to charge her second special) She has a bonus in the fact she likes get up close in her Walking Machine and become a MSA shield. Just her killing a stack of Hyakutaro makes her more than worth keeping, as when they stack, they stack hard. Stick her in the P.F deck, and she could even fulfill the role of a pseudo wall, she could take some good hits. Her weakness is the fact she requires a special to transform herself (An interesting mechanic nevertheless) and the fact her human form is absolute garbage. She will also have a hard time dealing with Iori, so make sure you can clear him before summoning Nadia.

Recommend Unit/Deck to run with this unit:
    P.F Deck: Definitely a must run, runs as an anti-Hyakutaro and a pseudo wall, one of the pick me ups if you want to dominate the early game.
    Any deck that has a hard time dealing with the Hyakutaro: Simply put, any deck that has a hard time putting down the Hyakutaro can run this, give themselves

Rebel Zombie (Lvl25)
    HP: 1662
    AP:45
    Mov: Slow
    Prod: Fast
    Stand.Atk: Self Destruct
    Spec.Atk: Massive Self Destruct

K, to clear things first, I haven't picked up the Rebel Zombie for myself, but I've seen the competitiveness of this unit and will be picking it up later. Now back to your original programming. The Rebel Zombie, not a lot of self destructing units are great, heck the only one that was considered beastly was the Special Forces Biker and the Hopper Mecha wayyy back when (now garbage). Now let us introduce the next great self destructing unit, the Rebel Zombie. He's been here for a long time and only received minor care. Not any more, he's an amazing early game drop, he is incredibly sticky to remove, I'm not sure on the full level 30 hp (Since I don't own him ;; ), but just looking at the level 25 hp, 1662, along with the fast production (More like very fast), he's incredibly difficult to remove with taking a lot of damage. His HP even at level 25 is 1 AP to 36 HP, a very high ratio (Airborne Melty Honey Level 30 is 1 AP to 47 HP), making him an excellent drop. He counters melee users very well, most prominent being Iori, just takes four zombies to knock him out cold. Even if you drop non-melee users, his special covers a lot of ground, so the chances of him actually getting damage off is very high. The special part of the zombie rebel is the fact he has invulnerability frames when doing his attack, and this sets him apart from other self-destruct units that needs to get up and personal to do their attacks. His slow movement speed is actually a good thing, as it helps charge up his special and pressures the opponent not to summon any units that will be killed by the Rebel Zombies. Only problem I have with this unit is the fact it suffers from the Winter Bazooka Syndrome. The Winter Bazooka Syndrome is a syndrome an unit has when it's amazing in the early game, but falls off a cliff when it hits the other stages of the game.

Recommended Decks:
    Ramp Decks: Ramp Decks benefits from the fact the Rebel Zombies can dominate the board in the early stages and you could ramp up your ap to drop an early boss.
    Any Deck with an Iori/early game problem: Quite simple, I would now say better than the Winter Bazooka, as the Rebel Zombies are easier to baby sit and doesn't require as much skill. And the fact is they're not as squishy.

18. Hyun

Hyun Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2014
    Depends, I've always regarded the SV-001 Type-R as a quick reinforcement unit, something you might drop to reinforce your push. Personally, I like Ptolemaic slug better, as it literally fires the SV-001's special as a normal attack.

19. casualgamer27

Jan 30, 2015
    Nice unit reviews! Yeah I was curious about nadia because I got owned in 1v1 by a pro player and I think he had a pf deck with her. Looks like I'm going to spend the 100 medals on her

The rebel zombie always interested me, but I was hesitant because I also felt that the biker was pretty much the superior suicide unit. Are you saying that during the zombie leap and special attack it is invincible? So it it is airborne it can get destroyed?

20. Hyun

Hyun Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2014
    Once the Rebel Zombie is ready to jump, you can't kill it. The only thing I believe can kill an already attacking Rebel Zombie is Mature's Special.