Universal Metal Slug Defense (by SNK Playmore)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, May 1, 2014.

1. joseph1234

joseph1234 Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2014
    hey nice upload man... i gunned early on ap acquition,prod rate,and more ap when killing pows though so i will get the new units later.. (no sorties as of now)..
    but on the other hand i kick butt on wifi battles even 1 vs 2 hehe(gonna exploit my early upgrade while it lasts)

2. xmani3k

xmani3k Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2014
    #1022 xmani3k, Sep 26, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2014
    nostriker

Thanks for pics!
    I think new units will strongly change tactics in wi-fi ver.

3. dragon4ever

dragon4ever Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2009
    I don't think it will. Rush decks still dominate in WiFi versus. Maybe the faster AP production speed might help a little.

4. nostriker

nostriker New Member

Sep 15, 2014
    yeah, i think rush decks still dominate wifi versus. I´m starting to play with a rush deck with little problems, jeje. And yes, the faster AP production helps

5. xmani3k

Jan 21, 2014
    Donkey Slug vs SV-001 Experimental

Who's better to buy? And who's better support?

Attached Files:

6. joseph1234

joseph1234 Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2014
    they are both good,
    SV-001 exp is safer at the back during a clash,adding to its longetivity, has a stronger special and normal attacks.. but costs more and moves slow, has very slow prod rate too..

Donkey slug has a weaker special and normal attacks but has better movement, it can tank to an extent and is more spamable than the SV 001 exp.

in my opinion spamming is a threat on pvp if you already upgraded your boosting pows.. ill go for the donkey in that regard but if you could stack SV 001 exp(which is highly probably at times) it can work too..

7. watashi101

watashi101 Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2014
    Donkey Slug: low cost, high hp/ap ratio, mid-range, low fire rate, low dmg output, long stun time, spamable
    SV001e: mid cost, high hp/ap ratio, long-range, high fire rate, mid dmg output, short stun time, not spamable

The major difference is that Donkey stays at mid of your troops that can serve as a second shield line to your backup fire, while SV001e is solely a backup fire

Which one being better depends on your deck combination. You would often want your deck balanced for frond, mid & back units

8. 12345678

12345678 Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2014
    Does upgrading units level increase damage?

It only shows health increase so I'm wondering if it also increases damage?

9. TheMaster42

TheMaster42 Active Member

Sep 20, 2014
    Without a doubt the Donkey Slug is the better purchase. It's probably the defining unit of the mid-early game and must be answered or the wall becomes unstoppable until late-game. The Donkey Slug "Slow" spawn is borderline Normal. Its 100 AP cost means you can throw it down whenever it's up, and just a couple of them can auto-gib melee units.

I haven't used SV-001 Exp personally but by comparison it feels more like, "a decent boost to mid-late-game damage." It's not as big a game-changer, it feels.

10. oneasian

oneasian Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2014
    Question:

What time do the boss challenges become available every day? I've missed the last two days, and I want to try and unlock the Morden Robot unit on the Zombie Morden stage.

I believe one time begins at 6pm and goes to 7, correct?

Is there a second time during the day?

11. dragon4ever

dragon4ever Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2009
    I think it's available at 12:00 as well.

12. xmani3k

Jan 21, 2014
    #1032 xmani3k, Sep 28, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2014
    Thanks for the advice (about donkey vs sv001e), in the end I bought a Monoeye, lol. :D Very cool support. Cheap and spammable. Yet it turned out that he was a wonderful destroys air units. At this moment I think it's the best anti-air ground unit. Next unit to purchase will Claw Unit as need now is a good tank to protect my cutie aliens :rolleyes:

13. AlexNXYZ

AlexNXYZ Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2014
    Hello, to all of you. :)
    As i am going to get a new mobile phone (Android) i wanted to ask if someone knows, how to get my old save file to my new phone. Or if it is even possible at all. The game itself does not seem to make it possible.

I would be thanksful for any help :D

14. nonlamer

nonlamer Member

Aug 19, 2014
    Does Monoeye has high damage? and is his range enough to be safe? I'm looking for reliable damage dealer at backline.

15. 12345678

Sep 27, 2014
    Question: what is the best all around level to stop upgrading ap?

I keep getting beat because the opponent happen to save up more ap because I have been upgrading it.

Oh yea and for my previous question that nobody answered

" does upgrading troops increase damage?" It only shows health increase

16. watashi101

Jun 27, 2014
    #1036 watashi101, Sep 29, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2014
    "does upgrading troops increase damage?" --> No. Tried that out with a sandbag. OR the difference is so little that it can't tell within 1 shot

And that'd be certainly a no answer for which level to stop. It depends so many things like play style and deck composition.
    As a passive player, I tend to upgrade AP lvl until opponent sent out units, then counter it. I won't strike back with a spamming, instead upgrading level until 360/400/max. That often guarantees a overwhelm on the opponent no matter what deck he/she processes, for the AP lvl difference.
    But sometimes I rush first if opponent is a rush deck, to avoid being destroyed before the first MSA. In that case I would upgrade to 120, then send out Claw unit, Utan & Donkey Slug.

17. watashi101

Jun 27, 2014
    I guess a 300AP unit isn't really that spamable :(
    Does its normal attack destroys a R-shobu? Or it takes a special?
    Monoeye is as fragile as a patrol robot, plus it's mid-range. So it takes a lot harder working to build up a shield (unlike patrol robot which is very long range). I guess you need Claw, Gunner plus one more short range unit (eg Snail/Scientist Zombie), otherwise Monoeye would pretty likely be killed right after casting its first and last special.

18. watashi101

Jun 27, 2014
    My 1.7 1v1 deck (sorry for Android user, IOS is THAT slow :( )

Claw Unit
    (the only spamable shield)

Utan
    (just for counter rushing purpose. Comes as a pair with Claw)

Donkey Slug
    (Versatile spamable support unit, no doubt to be included)

Patrol Robot
    (best backup fire of the game)

SV001E
    (Replacing RLM. I know RLM is good. But judging on the plays I found SV001e is even more survivable than 2RLMs, for its long range and short stun time)

Girida-O Ver.P.M.
    (like 6500 hp at lv 25 for just 210ap, fast charging specials, best mid shield of the game)

Protogunner
    (more than 6000 hp, plus a 3000 hp bonus Ralf after destroyed. Long range, special hit air units/strike opponent's back units. A very versatile unit to be included in all kinds of deck)

Augensterm
    (best wall of the game. It makes doubly-costed Morden embarrassed lol)

R-Shobu
    (Firstly excluded from my deck as it is so fragile now when come across to Claw and Slug Flyer. Then I found it more survivable behind a Slug Flyer, so it's back to the line)

Slug Flyer
    (solely uses as a R-shobu slicer, when Claw cannot reach the range. Killing one makes it worthy, killing 2 makes it extra worthy :p )

19. xmani3k

Jan 21, 2014
    #1039 xmani3k, Sep 29, 2014
    About Monoeye. It was the first impression is now more objectively speaking, it is not so good. If he had a very long attack, then it would be the best support. With just a long attack and being very fragile - it is quite vulnerable and not so effective unit. But it has a special little increased attack range, that somehow compensates for the usual. With good micro his special is a fairly dangerous thing. Very easy to destroy the samurai planes, R-Shobu unfortunately too far away, but very often it is destroyed by special, without having to spend third attack with vertical discharge missiles. Hover Vehicle also sometimes destroyed faster than he can attack.Hover unit also occasionally manages to release 1-2 missiles, instead of three.

Monoeye costs 180 ap, not 300 ap.

Actually I bought it more because I like the way he looks and his attack animation, very cool :cool:. I do not advise buying, because the victorious tactics with monoeye I have not yet found. :confused:

20. 12345678

Sep 27, 2014
    #1040 12345678, Sep 29, 2014
    How do I get the new troops?