Metal topic? (partly for Booch)

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Balu`, Oct 19, 2010.

1. Booch138

Booch138 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    I like a lot of shows, but my wife and I are ADDICTED to Dexter. How can you not like it?!?!1! lol

2. Balu`

Balu` Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    Hungary
    For me, series are simply mindless fun, that's why I mostly like sitcoms. Community is my current favorite.

3. Booch138

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    I am really into Shotime shows, Like Weeds, Dexter, Nurse Jackie, etc. But I also like some Anime and Sitcomes, you name it. I play more games than I watch TV/Movies though. A LOT more.

4. Balu`

Balu` Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    Hungary
    The only thing I watch that isn't a sitcom is House. Can't get enough of that. But I watch like... 10 sitcoms weekly. Not the best thing. : D

Also, I absolutely hate animes. : D

5. Booch138

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    I used to hate Anime. Then suddenly I watched a few and got into it. I'm not hardcore into it and can't name many that are my favourites, but I do watch some from time to time. But like I said, I play more games than anything.

You much of a gamer? (besides iPhone gaming =P)

6. Balu`

Balu` Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    Hungary
    Well, somewhat. I'm the type who gets addicted to a game, then gets bored with it and plays other stuff. Then repeat. : DD

7. Balu`

Balu` Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    Hungary
    Doublepost but whatever. Do you have any good folk metal? Really in the mood for that.

8. Booch138

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    Nah not really, its something I definitely need more of. All the ones I know you know, so yeah. It's good shit though and i want more ^.^

By the way, I know you're kinda young, but have you been to any concerts? How are the shows in Hungary? Do a lot of bands come there a lot? Just curious. :rolleyes:

9. Balu`

Balu` Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    Hungary
    Folkmetal: Found a new one I really like - Skyclad. British folk stuff with clean singing and thrash influences.

Concerts: Nope, sadly I haven't been to one. There's a good coming up in like 3 weeks (Strato + Helloween), but I doubt I can go. :/

10. Booch138

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    Nice I will check them out! It sucks I can't really discover new bands since youtube is down. Thats usually where I got to check out new bands at that I've never heard of before :( /cry

Damn that does sound like a rad concert. Why won't you be able to go? I'd be all over that.

11. Balu`

Balu` Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    Hungary
    Maybe try last.fm for discovering stuff? I find it useful.

As you pointed out, my age. I doubt I'd be allowed to.

12. Booch138

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    Yeah I use last.fm but most of it is stuff I already know. A lot of times I will go on wikipedia and type in a genre of music and look at lists of bands and go from there. Then youtube the bands and check out a few songs toi get a feel for the sound, then I will DL the album most of the time (since I like just having albums and not judging on just a particular few songs). Unless of course it is utter crap lol.

Yeah that sucks dude... You have to be a certain age to get into concerts there? Or is it a matter of your family letting you go? Cause in the states shows are usually all ages, even at shows where people can drink they have them sectioned off like wild animals LOL

13. Balu`

Balu` Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    Hungary
    At last.fm you can just use that 'radio' thingy. I doubt that's blockes there.

The problem isn't getting in, it's getting out of home. :<

14. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    I feel a bit late to the whole TV conversation thing (stupid school...), but I feel the need to just interject here.

I rarely ever watch TV these days. The only show I actually watch on TV anymore on a regular basis is The Office, since it's one of the most hilarious shows out there. Everything else I either catch online - like the very little anime I do watch (Hellsing mostly, with maybe Bleach or something like that every so often), Deadliest Warrior, etc - or watch when I'm visiting someone's house who has cable (my family doesn't have it... It's kind of a waste of money for us), mostly either reruns of decent shows that have been taken off or Adventure Time if I'm lucky enough to catch it.

Now, with that said, anyone got any over the top screaming music for me? I just need some straight up yelling, although no stupid growling into the mic (like that Mortician song you posted really early on in the thread Booch).

15. Somerandomdude

May 31, 2009
    Somewhere
    One other thing. I don't mean to double post or anything, but this is completely unrelated to my earlier post.

Anyone hear any of the new Underoath album yet? I just checked out one song, and it's actually not bad at all, although it sounds nothing like "They're Only Chasing Safety". Aaron left too to go work on The Almost a bit more, and to start a family from what I hear, which is a pretty major loss. Even without him, though, it sounds pretty sick. It sounds like they're almost trying to go back to that heavy stuff from the first 2 EP's they had, or continuing what they did in "Lost in the Sound of Separation", which admittedly wasn't all that bad. If they can pull this off, it's going to be one insane album. If they can make anything sound like this, though, I'll love this album:

In other news, Escape the Fate's new album turned out to be crappy. The only two good songs on there are Massacre and Issues, which they released ahead of time. After that, though, Craig's voice got deeper and he started using autotune, which both just sound really stupid. They even managed to screw up The Guillotine Part 3, which is just beyond me how they could ruin something like that.

16. Balu`

Balu` Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    Hungary
    Screaming stuff: I really don't listen to that kind of music, so can't help you with this.

Underoath: Checked out their stuff a long time ago, didn't like it at all. I guess their new album is not radically different, so I doubt I'll listen to it.

EtF: I couldn't imagine a way how they could become even worse, I might jus listen to the new one to see.

17. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2008
    Freelance Entertainment Analyst
    Orlando, FL
    ME!!! I love me some underoath :)

18. Somerandomdude

May 31, 2009
    Somewhere
    Haha, yeah, that post wasn't exactly directed at you. You really just don't seem to like any sort of screaming music for the most part (although that Strapping Young Lad song you posted the other day suits what I was looking for perfectly).

And as for Escape the Fate, I'd see why a lot of people would hate them. It's kinda mainstream, but I'm not exactly sure what kinda music it'd classify as. Nonetheless, I enjoy them quite a bit as does my friend, so I find myself listening to them quite a bit. They definitely got worse as they went, though. Their first album was by far the best.

19. Somerandomdude

May 31, 2009
    Somewhere
    Sick! Haven't seen a real Underoath fan in a while... I used to be a huge fan, but I hadn't listened to them in a while. I got bored the other day and checked out some old music I used to love back in like middle school, and started listening to them again. I was trying to find info on Between the Buried and Me's new EP being recorded in December (WOOHOO! :D), and saw an ad for Disambiguation.

Well, story aside, how do you think they'll hold up without Aaron? I always found him to be a huge part of Underoath's music, especially the vocals... Even when they changed in their last album, he still was singing quite a bit. Spencer seems to be able to handle the clean vocals just fine, but it's not going to be the same without Aaron, in my opinion.

20. Balu`

Balu` Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    Hungary
    SYL is different... I like it because behind all that craziness, it's actuallz kind of progressive (just check out 'Love?').
    I generally tend to hate commercial music for one reason: the more commercial it is, the less original or new. I like musicians who don't give a crap about the opinion of the masses and just do what they like.