Metal topic? (partly for Booch)

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Balu`, Oct 19, 2010.

1. gunxsword

gunxsword Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2010
    Sydney
    They've got 12 LPs under their belt... and some of the albums aren't as highly rated (sputnik) as others...
    How bout you just gimme the top 2 albums in your opinion? I would preference power metal style over the others in this case.

Another album to the backlog -_-'
    ... ... ...

----------------------------------------
    A Nightfall in Middle-Earth
    Imaginations from the Other Side
    Somewhere Far Beyond
    At the Edge of Time are all similar
    A Night at the Opera

5 albums!? Plz compress this list somewhat... I'm burdened with enough tech death as it is (and that stuff isn't easy to filter!).

2. Booch138

Booch138 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    For Strato, my personal recommendations that I got a lot of enjoyment out of, and are just all over fun for me (I mean all of them are really good...) but I would say Elements Pt. 1, and Elysium. Both just so good... I would really like to slip "Episode" in there as well though... classic Power Metal goodness. But yeah...

As for BG, Imaginations, and A Night at the Opera. Easily. You get the best of all their all around style.

3. gunxsword

Dec 24, 2010
    Sydney
    They need 'best of' albums, NOW!

4. Booch138

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    #5024 Booch138, Jan 18, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2012
    You are indeed in luck then if you wait a little bit! There newest addition to their albums list is a 3 or 4 disc compilation. It's not out yet, but we will be able to get it soon I am sure.

Edit: It's call Memories of a Time to Come. I guess it's only one disc though, which remember reading someone a few weeks ago that it was supposed to be like 3-4 discs. I remember seeing the track listing and everything. Regardless, I will find that. Even if it's just one disc though, I am sure it will be epic (Though it would be impossible to nail down my top 11 favourite BG songs...)

Edit 2: Btw this a Blind Guardian Compilation, not a Stratovarius one. Forgot to mention that lol.

Edit 3: Just read that it will be one disc, however will have a 3-Disc Deluxe Edition as well. So I was half-right ;)

5. gunxsword

Dec 24, 2010
    Sydney
    Cool! I'll wait until then.

Perhaps you could take a look at the song lists and see if the single CD would be preferable to the deluxe edition? I would favor a single disk of most (if not all) of the band's most eminent songs then a large collection of 'very good songs'.

6. Booch138

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    I'm pretty sure all of the songs on the first disc are going to be the general "Best Of" tracks, and they will all be Rerecorded and Remastered, while the latter two discs of the deluxe edition will host a plethora of rarities, re-recorded tracks, and demo songs from their days as the band called "Lucifer's Heritage" (lulz).

The track list is okay, you can find it here.

Definitely great songs, but I think a "Best of" is subjective to any Blind Guardian fan, which I can surely thing Balu` would agree with as well. Still, the first two discs sound promising. Not real interested in Lucifer's Heritage demos personally. lol

Supposed to come out at the end of January so not much longer.

7. gunxsword

Dec 24, 2010
    Sydney
    Alright then, single CD it is.

Damn my head is spinning from reading a convoluted and complex book with a plethora of legal references and appeals to humanity...

Need something melodic (but not death) to cure this headache.

8. Balu`

Balu` Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    Hungary
    #5028 Balu`, Jan 19, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2012
    I only chose the plural form to subtly express my admiration of them as individual musicians too. ^^
    Or I made a mistake after 15 hours of being awake, I seriously can't remember. Anyway, the sentence I wrote should prove that both are fine. :X

@other discussion: I hate best-of albums. I love listening to a whole album at a time, and random songs (however popular they may be) don't have that same consistent atmosphere. Plus, it makes it harder to decide your own favorites. But if you want, Stratovarius has a compilation called 'The Chosed Ones', and it's pretty decent. It's from before Polaris and Elysium, though, and those are some of their best.

Ah, I just noticed that we've passed 5000 posts. Still only the second biggest Lounge thread, though. I hate kijib. :/

9. Thaurin

Thaurin Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2009
    Anyone going to 70.000 tons of metal, the metal cruise? I leave for Miami tomorrow! :) Stratovarius is playing, too!

Sorry, I'm so psyched, I had to boast. :)

10. gunxsword

Dec 24, 2010
    Sydney
    Who is kijib and what's the Welcome to Die thread!????!!!!??? @_@ :confused::confused::confused: ?_?

11. gunxsword

Dec 24, 2010
    Sydney
    !!!

DON'T FORGET TO HEAD BANG!!!

Oh and make sure you'll have fun :D.

12. Balu`

Balu` Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    Hungary
    Don't take this the wrong way, but I so hate you now. Have fun! :)
    A surprisingly popular troll considering how bad he is. And that thread is pretty much a collection of random crap, even other pointless threads got moved there.

13. Thaurin

Thaurin Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2009
    I do believe some headbanging will take place. :) And karaoke, strangely.

Haha, you're not the only one. I leave behind some very jealous friends. I feel bad now, like I was posting this on purpose...

...because I DID!!!!

14. Booch138

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    Just saw this posted on FB.

Sounds really good actually, of course I like the older version, and I am sure that will be the same for all the classic songs. But these re-recorded versions, I am sure will be in-f*cking-sane. This song tells me that anyways.

15. Balu`

Balu` Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    Hungary
    You're evil. :C
    Oh, and don't forget to tell us how it was! :>

It sounds pretty much the same as the original, but with a better production. Good to hear that Hansi's voice is still great.

16. Booch138

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    Exactly, and while I enjoy the sounds of classic recording from the days of yore, there is nothing wrong with great production values. It's when musicians completely change the song in the re-recordings that I have a problem with, at least most of the time. Sometimes their re-recorded versions of songs are better LOL (For example, a select few Iced Earth songs lol...)

By the way, have you updated to iOS 5 yet?!?!?! (and no, I have not forgotten. ;))

17. Balu`

Balu` Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    Hungary
    Damn, I thought you were old enough to have a crappy memory. :c
    I haven't yet, but will soon.

Hm, have I shown you Vintersorg yet?

18. Booch138

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    I could reach through the interwebz and beat the piss out of you right now, but I can't have Child Abuse on my hands right now, let alone Toddler Abuse. ^.^

P.S. I've never seen you, but judging from minor descriptions you have provided, a You-Sized Toddler would be epic.

Well, I've heard them before. Don't know who particularly showed them to me, but it might have been you. I don't own anything from them, but what I've heard in particular was decent. Just never pursued them or anything.

19. Balu`

Balu` Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    Hungary
    Haha, that would be fun! :>

Well, anyway, this song is pretty awesome:

20. Booch138

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    Thought you guys might get a kick out of this. It's my son headbanging and jamming out to me playing "Episode 666" by In Flames on the guitar. hahahaha enjoy

(Spoiler alert, the guitar playing itself is terrible. Absolutely terrible, haven't played that song in forever but he loved it)